Living In Klongnueng, Slightly North Of Bkk

afp76

Hello.

I am curious about the area named "Klongnueng", in particular close to Thailand Science Park (Klongluang), if anyone lives there or nearby.

Primarily I am interested in finding an apartment, condo or small house to rent in that area.

But also what kind of area it is. Google Image Search does not give away too much if one searches on the area name.

Also what kind of communications are available there beside taxi, if I lets say would like to get into central BKK daily.

Thanks

This is the third time today I have tried to answer this, I dont know what the he** waiting for widgets amung us is, still never mind.

The best way to describe this area is, agricultural, there isnt really much there, a couple of golf courses, an industrial area and some sort of university complex.

I wouldnt even want to attempt to to commute to the centre of Bkk on a daily basis, trust you can read Thai, because all the signs of the minibuses are in Thai.

If you like peace and quiet it may well be for you, a better choice may well be Rangsit which has minibuses going to Bkk daily.

Unless its a girlfriend dragging you there I dont know why anyone would choose to live there.

Is there such a place as 'central Bangkok?'.

Long time ago now, but I lived in Don Muang and even there it was a long way to the first BTS at Mo Chit. Many bus's used to hammer down there. Think I used to get No 29, one of the air con types!.

North of Rangsit, thats getting out of town a bit! + far too much traffic.

Klong 1 is in close proximity to Future Park Rangsit.

At Future Park: have a very big mall with Robison and Central, 2 cinemas (one at Future Park and one at Major Rangsit)

Future Park is the transportation hub for North Bangkok (you can get vans and buses to many areas throughout the city) 20-30 baht to Victory Monument or Moh Chit

Traffic can be bad during rush hour. The area is decent to live at. At Klong one there are a few places to rent apartments and there are markets and street food on a road next to the klong. If you don't have a car, you might be spending a lot of time at Future Park because there is not much to do at Klong 1 (mostly restaurants and shops)

English level is rather low in Klong Luang.

About a five to ten minute taxi ride to Zeer Rangsit (electronics mall) - towards Bangkok

About a five to ten minute taxi ride to Bangkok University - towards Ayuthaya

About ten to fifteen minute ride to Science Park - towards Auythaya