Disappointed To Say The Least

nocturn

Thai Visa always seemed to me to be an open community of expats, that, despite the petty bickering and good-natured sparring, was at least open to all of us in the kingdom who needed to vent or just make contact with people who had shared similar experiences, frustrations, experiences, or even triumphs.

Local Subforums like the Samui/Phangan forum, Pattaya, Chaing Mai, various Issan and even the Bangkok forum often hold meet-ups, whether sponsored or not as a way for members to meet in person and put a name to the face of the people we see here daily.

I think that is a great thing, but i have always suspected that the reality is quite different and that thaivisa is actually quite a cobras nest of cliques, in-jokes and best friends who keep themselves entertained by baiting genuine members who are simply here for companionship and friendly discussion.

I was both pleased and disappointed to be proven right. it seems that there has been an ongoing , though unsponsored meet for the "in crowd", and it has been ongoing for a number of years and they recently reached a milestone that exposed them all.

for pictures, see here

Edited by nocturn

I'm going to assume you're drunk and let's face it , who hasn't been? The mods will clean this up for you and no one will be the wiser. Have a good sleep.

edit: Ah! Now your link works. So it's a piss take is it?

Edited by lannarebirth

I'm going to assume you're drunk and let's face it , who hasn't been? The mods will clean this up for you and no one will be the wiser. Have a good sleep.

a good one?

Actually, most of the real jerks stay away from the TV Pissups.

They don't want anyone to know who they really are. However, there are always a few who can not resist the free food and beer, but they usually sit alone in the corner with their hand carefully covering their Thai Visa name tag.

Does TV actually have gatherings? It would be nice to meet some of the people. Forums arenot as good as conversation and I personally would enjoy a conversation with some of the members. How does a guy get notice of when a gathering is taking place.

They don't want anyone to know who they really are. However, there are always a few who can not resist the free food and beer, but they usually sit alone in the corner with their hand carefully covering their Thai Visa name tag.

Welcome to the party Notcome.....outcome...?? whatever....:D

Does TV actually have gatherings? It would be nice to meet some of the people. Forums arenot as good as conversation and I personally would enjoy a conversation with some of the members. How does a guy get notice of when a gathering is taking place.

It is always announced on the forum.

They should have a gathering for all the banned members. Thousands would show I predict

Considering some of the banned members, it would not be a party I would want to attend. :blink:

I've only been to one TV party....it was great and it was before I became a mod. Met some really nice people who have since become very good friends! :jap:

They should have a gathering for all the banned members. Thousands would show I predict

Considering some of the banned members, it would not be a party I would want to attend. :blink:

I've only been to one TV party....it was great and it was before I became a mod. Met some really nice people who have since become very good friends! :jap:

When is the next "do"? Where do you guys meet?

When is the next "do"? Where do you guys meet?

Go to your local forum and announce it. Well what are you waiting for?? :D

Can I come disguised as you next pissup, UG? Name tag 'n all?:jap:

You can go as anyone you like, no way of checking.

Next time I'm going as you UG!

As UG says, the jerks never actually turn up. I've been to several TV parties and they've always been great fun and a chance to meet many new friends.

I only recall name tags at one event, the huge party at Fairtex Pattaya a few years ago, but there were so many new people there that it was really necessary.

An alternative twist might be to suggest it's the usual "jerks" that show up to this esteemed events.

The wiser set tend to dismiss any such reality that would be expected by needing to keep close with the broader Farang community, less cyber-auto-personalities.

A tadge judgemental perhaps :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

Some would be there with multiple clones of themselves ... and I think it would be fewer than one would suspect ;)