Thailand Caving Trek

My abbot at Wat Khao Lang in Khok Samrong Lopburi loves this stuff. He's always taking us on some caving trip. Personally, I like beaches. :lol: Bat guano dropped on my shaved head doesn't do it for me.

No hard hats, no hat lights, i assume you are just casual cavers then not a regular caving club?

TIT dude, tropical weather mean's dressing down, not up ;)

In Europe interior temperature in caves is around 8 Celsius, winter or summer, I would assume that it is the same here, after the first 100m into a cave system. I agree the clothes you wear are up to you, Again in Europe we walk to the entrances in whatever, then change before we go in. But a simple hard hat is sensible and a helmet light is practical in a tight passage on hands and knees.

Are these wet or dry caves?

No hard hats, no hat lights, i assume you are just casual cavers then not a regular caving club?

In Europe interior temperature in caves is around 8 Celsius, winter or summer, I would assume that it is the same here, after the first 100m into a cave system. I agree the clothes you wear are up to you, Again in Europe we walk to the entrances in whatever, then change before we go in. But a simple hard hat is sensible and a helmet light is practical in a tight passage on hands and knees.

Wet cave in parts.

We wore firm hats but not hard hat type.

It's a shame so many in Thailand do nothing for the most part and are content to idle away while there's so much around to do :)

Wet cave in parts.

We wore firm hats but not hard hat type.

It's a shame so many in Thailand do nothing for the most part and are content to idle away while there's so much around to do :)

Unless it is a cave like goatchurch, which is the caving equivalent of the "rush hour", one should never cave solo. As caving seems to be a farang sport, for example the Sabah system was opened up by farang teams, unless you have an interested group of local farangs caving is limited in Thailand.

Don't worry your wooly mind there Mr Ant.

There was three of us and we are an interested group of cavers. :)

I think you misunderstood my comment, as a solitary farang living in the Nonthaburi flood plains, there are no local cave systems and no one to join with me even if there were. You are lucky, you are a small group and obviously have access to caves.

Not sure why that should make my mind woolly.

• 1 month later...