Oh The Memories

utapaortnab

Subject: Oh the Memories

ADVERTISEMENT

As we near the end of another year, I'd like each of you to take the time to reflect back on this year and try to remember each person that you've met for the first time during these last 12 months.

Then remember everything about each and every new friend that brought a laugh or a smile or something possitive in your life.

Then somewhere on your computer, start a new file with all those thoughts.

If there was anybody that you met for the first time this year that had a negative affect on your life, erase that person's name and actions from your memory.

Now comes the hard part. Go back to 2002 and try to remember each and every person you met during that 12 month period and add their names and how they brought possitive karma into your life. Record them in the file.

After that, go back to 2001, and on back to the year you were born. There may be years when you cannot remember anyone that you met for the first time and that is sad. Every year we meet someone who will affect us in some way or another, and once those memories are forgotten, they are hardly ever re-remembered so please, start your file today and add to it as the memories pop back from time to time and most importantly, add to this file all the rest of your life. On New Year's Day each year, (after football and basketball or course) have a long look at your file. Doing so will add more joy to your life than any other single act you'll preform all year.

Just my opinion, and I never take it too seriously, so you shouldn't either.

But that said, remember that I did remember you this day.

Ken Bower

US Army Retired

Veteran Human Being

Thanks Ken but I was born at a very early age and my memory is a bit hazy from that time without the benefit of Chang beer.

What I do know is that in the time I have been here I have met many, many people whom I am thankful I have had the good fortune to have met.

Nobody ever complains about the lack of money, they have just as well I suppose as they would spend their lives moaning about it.

What I am thankful for is that I have had the opportinity to live in this wonderful country and with it's vast majority of wonderful people.