Isan Only Charities

CallumW

Hi folks.

I'm looking for a list of Isan only charities, preferably ones focusing on children.

I'm planning a walking tour of ever town in Isan once the weather cools down a bit (I've done it by car, I've done it by motorcycle now I want to do it on foot).

So I figured why not raise some money for charity along the way.

Anybody know where I can find a list?

Thanks.

All of the charity work that I've seen is done by the temples in each community. This decentralized system is very effective because it is localized.

I for one would be wary of centralized charities and do diligence to make sure your money is getting to the people it is intended for.

All of the charity work that I've seen is done by the temples in each community. This decentralized system is very effective because it is localized.

I for one would be wary of centralized charities and do diligence to make sure your money is getting to the people it is intended for.

Yeah that's the kicker, too much cash would end up in several back pockets if I chose the wrong charity.

Maybe looking for a farang run charity might be best (such as the one the previous poster emailed me about), the thing is I've been ripped off more frequently by farang in Thailand than I have by Thais! ha!

Cheers for the advice.

Check out this Orphanage based in Nongkai.

sarnelliorphanage.org

They are doing a fantastic job for orphaned children from all over Issaan.

Read the stories on the website and you need look no further for somewhere to support.

I have had the privilege of meeting 12 of these great kids recently on a trip to Samui for a holiday sponsored by the GM of a resort here.

A high proportion of these kids are HIV positive (through no fault of their own) and deserve as much help as possible.

PM me if you want more information.

(I have no connection whatsoever with the orphanage).

Edited by yorkie100