Cbr 150 Windscreen

marcusb

I have a two year old CBR 150. The windscreen is loose and rattles. The guys at my local Honda keep avoiding trying to fix it. I am not sure of the fasteners used to fix it. It appears to be some sort of rivet.

Are those rivets easily replaced? Do you need a special tool? Are there any basic nuts and bolts that could be used that would not look ugly?

Thanks for the help.

marcus

First I would say find another Honda shop. It is a quick easy fix. 5 minutes max.

The rivets, as you say, on my CBR are little plastic snap units. you can order and do yourself

Yes you can go to Home Pro or Global house, or any of a number of aftermarket bike custom shops and get other screew and nut fasteners.

To be extra sure it never happens again, also can ad a few little spots of silicone between the wind screen and bike faring. Never rattle again, ever.

Thanks, I believe I know what your talking about, similar to speed clips used in autobody. Easy job, thanks and the little dab of silicone sounds like a great idea to stop the initial vibration.

cheers,

marcus