Why Is Hua Hin Forum Allways So Quiet?

Vegemite

I live here but am usually too busy working. However, school holidays are here, so I have more time. Nonetheless, there is another HH forum that shall remain nameless that is far from quiet. Maybe quietness breeds quietness? :o

Anyway, today is cloudy so there's no beach-type excuse for being away from the net! :D

Just wondering why. No computers? not many farang? To busy? To lazy?

I love the place and probably wouldnt be sitting in front of a computer if I lived there either.

Its been picking up since it wasopened. The last few months have shown alot more growth so hopefully if those of you out there in Hua-Hin and Cha-am spread the word we can grow it even more.

Thanks to all those who have been participating here!

cv

Its been picking up since it wasopened. The last few months have shown alot more growth so hopefully if those of you out there in Hua-Hin and Cha-am spread the word we can grow it even more.

Thanks to all those who have been participating here!

cv

But why was it closed?

It wasn't. It had never existed before we opened it.

cv

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe it´s so quite cos you folk are mostly Good people with lives outside of this forum who actually only come on here for it´s initial purpose, to exchange useful information.

If that is the case, it says a lot for the demographics of the expat population in LOS.

Maybe it´s so quiet cos you folk are mostly Good people with lives outside of this forum who actually only come on here for it´s initial purpose, to exchange useful information.

If that is the case, it says a lot for the demographics of the expat population in LOS.

:D

what about the expat population in South America? Lots of useful information to exchange? :o

Actually, I´ve repeatedly though tabout maybe setting up one of these forums for expats out here.

At the moment I´ve got it busy with the bar ánd all. Once we get a new team up and working, though, I´d have more time...

The only downside though, is that the few expats I´ve met from various central american countries are mostly north american, and well... They are genrally just not as much FUN as the tv.commers.

LOS may well have the most intersting expat population I know

• 2 months later...

What do you mean by quiet? Night Life, no beer bars, lack of overt bar girls all over the place. How about the noise of motorcylces roaring around, loud falangs from europe as well as the few from the USA.

It is possible that most of the condos are owned by rich Thai people who come very seldomly and possibly avoid high season totally.

So some explain the 'Quiet' in this 'thread'.

Maybe because the King is often here but totally at one end of the town. Don't wish for overexpansion or it will be another Pattaya and filthy beaches and increased costs due to having to clean up.

Plenty of computers around, plus reasonable connection with ADSL at TOT, not spectacular service but good for most users.

Enjoy the relative peace, if you want excitement go to Bangkok.

:D Couldn't agree more Treb...why replicate what already exists in other beachside resorts, isn't it the difference that is the attraction and not the sameness...one lives where one is most comfortable and that is, for me, Hua Hin..however, since I began visiting here in 1999, the changes are worriesome as the writing is now on the wall...REAL ESTATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o

Plenty of computers around, plus reasonable connection with ADSL at TOT, not spectacular service but good for most users.

And for visitors, some of the internet shops (sunshine, cups n comp?) offer prepaid wifi for your laptop, starting at 100 baht for 300 minutes. So, pop in, get a card and do what I did, wifi by the pool, nirvana I tell ya; (well, if you HAVE to work on holidays like me) :o:D

BTW, connection was fairly fast I thought but maybe got lucky?

• 2 weeks later...

What do you mean by quiet? Night Life, no beer bars, lack of overt bar girls all over the place. How about the noise of motorcylces roaring around, loud falangs from europe as well as the few from the USA.

It is possible that most of the condos are owned by rich Thai people who come very seldomly and possibly avoid high season totally.

So some explain the 'Quiet' in this 'thread'.

Maybe because the King is often here but totally at one end of the town. Don't wish for overexpansion or it will be another Pattaya and filthy beaches and increased costs due to having to clean up.

Enjoy the relative peace, if you want excitement go to Bangkok.

Thanks for that but I was really talking about the TV Hua Hin forum as apposed to Hua Hin itself. I loved the place and the pace of the place. After Bangkok it was like a breath of fresh air. We will be in Thailand in approx 4 weeks and if I have my way, it will be a direct trip from BKK to HH ASAP. I think the wife has plans for the other side of the gulf but where there is a will there is a way!

And for visitors, some of the internet shops (sunshine, cups n comp?) offer prepaid wifi for your laptop, starting at 100 baht for 300 minutes. So, pop in, get a card and do what I did, wifi by the pool, nirvana I tell ya; (well, if you HAVE to work on holidays like me) :o:D

BTW, connection was fairly fast I thought but maybe got lucky?

There is already a site with forum in Hua Hin and most of the postrers can write English that other people can understand.