Iranian National Arrested With 'Ice' Worth Us $ 267,000 At Thai Airport.

Lite Beer

Iranian national arrested with 'ice' worth US $ 267,000 at Thai airport.

image_20110514162855EDD64E0C-D90F-D1E3-DEB9E7F2D6DAD13F.jpg

SAMUT PRAKAN, May 14 - An Iranian national was detained at Thailand's Suvarnabhumi Airport with 2.7 kilogrammes of crystal methamphetamine, also known as 'ice,' worth Bt8 mln (about US $ 267,000), senior customs said on Saturday

Resa Gholami, 36, was arrested at the arrival terminal of the country's main international airport, Ekkarat Rattaruj, director of Suvarnabhumi Airport Processing Customs Bureau, told a press briefing.

Flying from Doha, Qatar to Thailand, the suspect behaved suspiciously while passing through the terminal.

Customs officers asked him to stop for a baggage check and found crystal meth in plastic bags covered with white cardboard. The package of the illegal drug was hidden in a specially-made compartment of his rucksack.

According to an initial investigation, the alleged drug smuggler denied that the drugs belonged to him, saying that he was hired for Bt100, 000 (over $ 3,300) to smuggle and deliver the crystal meth in Thailand.

The officers impounded the 'ice,' and charged him with smuggling the illicit drug into the kingdom along with possession of an illegal drug.

Mr Gholami was transferred to the Narcotics Suppression Bureau for further investigation. (MCOT online news).

tnalogo.jpg

-- TNA 2011-05-15

"....and found crystal meth in plastic bags covered with white cardboard. The package of the illegal drug was hidden in a specially-made compartment of his rucksack"

Ahhh, Persia.....land of astronomers and mathematicians....

I remember as a young man in high school, attending physics classes and as a member of the astronomy club, learning that much of what I was now studying was originally developed by Persians 3000 years earlier.

You've come a long way, Resa Gholami.

when will thai police follow the suspects to find the thai distributors??? oh yes sorry they already know them for a while....so well

An Iranian national was detained at Thailand's Suvarnabhumi Airport with 2.7 kilogrammes of crystal methamphetamine, also known as 'ice,' worth Bt8 mln (about US $ 267,000), senior customs said on Saturday

Would be almost 3 K for one gram. I can't believe that Iranians are still doing that, so many of them got busted the last year.....:jap:

Does Thailand actually ever give these drug carriers and/or dealers the death penalty?

Not usually any more, your country would protest it. Four Thai Policemen were recently sentenced to death for drug dealing.

Let me guess where the drugs came from...........................:jap:

Soon, there will be more Iranians in Thai jails than Thais. I work with a couple of Iranians and they're not exactly the sharpest peanuts in the turd. Nice blokes but, they just fall slightly below the intelligence bar (not to say that all Iranians are thick). And when I see the pictures of those Iranian idiots being pointed and laughed at I'm reminded of the guys I work with.

Edited by Danielson2702

Coming to Thailand with "ice" is as stupid as going to the restaurant with your own food... ain't it?!?

I am pretty certain that showing up at McDonald's with a Pizza Company meal would not get you 15-life in Bang Khwang,No?

Does Thailand actually ever give these drug carriers and/or dealers the death penalty?

No the two governments will get together to see what deal can be made that will satisfy the officials bank balances, whist the BIB distribute the booties to the dealers.:jap:

Considering you can make it in your bathtub, yes, stupid.

I have a book called Angels of Death. It is about the Hells Angels. In it, it is said that the Angels took up making and selling vast quattities of Ice, because it is so easy to make in your own back yard therefore you don't have the worry of smuggling it into different Countries?

I know an Iranian with three degrees in chemistry, many published papers on how the influenza virus crystallizes (his discovery), was a fellow at Columbia university, is a mean cook, a nice guy and saved my life. Iranians get marginalized inappropriately.

Soon, there will be more Iranians in Thai jails than Thais. I work with a couple of Iranians and they're not exactly the sharpest peanuts in the turd. Nice blokes but, they just fall slightly below the intelligence bar (not to say that all Iranians are thick). And when I see the pictures of those Iranian idiots being pointed and laughed at I'm reminded of the guys I work with.

another bites the dust,when will people learn.the bkk hilton waits for them everytime

I seriously doubt that. There's no reason not to believe that far more get away with it (especially if one includes those who are allowed to get away with it), than those who get caught.

And that's why people are still doing it. They reckon the risk is worth it and/or inaccurately assess the risk.

Simple.

Why give them the death penalty?

Thats a bit barbaric.

Yep, .. they do.

a few years back,

and could cut down the operation costs without having to take 'em into a legal system.

have a good time there with male GFs.

:guitar: dub him the same "UNFORGIVEN" but not support capital punishment.

Edited by dunkin2012