Pool Construction Plans

petercr

I have posted a similar request elsewhere without any success

Is there anyone who can recommend a web site/company/consultant to assist with plans for self built pools

Please post or PM me with any advice

Thanks

Did you get any useful information that the rest of us might be able to use?

I'm hoping (if the money allows) to do my own pool once the important buildings are up and in use. I think with a local to help me and my 20 years experience in construction we could make a reasonable go of it.

The basic materials can't be too expensive.

Edited by mikecwm

There is one brand of swimming pools that has both the fresh water outlet (into the pool) and the return inlet (out of the pool) at the same place. Avoid that. Inlet and outlet should be at opposite ends of the pool!

I'm hoping (if the money allows) to do my own pool once the important buildings are up and in use. I think with a local to help me and my 20 years experience in construction we could make a reasonable go of it.

I still have not received a response that helps me build independantly...........I have found some sites in USA that offer pool design services............You send basic info.......shape, proximity to house, freeform, infinity, soild details etc and they provide a design service. Not sure how useful they would be in practice, but it cant be too difficult to build your own pool. If in doubt about the design specifics you can overspec ..............or design for the worst case

:rolleyes:

I still have not received a response that helps me build independantly...........I have found some sites in USA that offer pool design services............You send basic info.......shape, proximity to house, freeform, infinity, soild details etc and they provide a design service. Not sure how useful they would be in practice, but it cant be too difficult to build your own pool. If in doubt about the design specifics you can overspec ..............or design for the worst case

Maybe I should go into the "Selfhelp" pool building business. I have several years of commercial concrete formwork experience, so maybe I'll just design my own and talk to professional pool builders about what pipes to run, how big the overflow tank should be etc. (For when several fatties all jump in at once).

It's still at least 4 years away before I can think about the pool, so no urgency for me yet.

Edited by mikecwm

Why not just hire a pool company to do a set of plans - perspective, drawings, sections, then a set of construction plans. The package is about Baht 40,000. For all pools that we build, we have to do this anyhow before breaking ground.

Gil

Maybe I should go into the "Selfhelp" pool building business. I have several years of commercial concrete formwork experience, so maybe I'll just design my own and talk to professional pool builders about what pipes to run, how big the overflow tank should be etc. (For when several fatties all jump in at once).

It's still at least 4 years away before I can think about the pool, so no urgency for me yet.