3Bb Or Tot Internet In Rawai?

flip

Hi all,

Im moving back to Rawai soon and would like to get/install 6 MB internet connection, either 3BB (if avaible) or TOT.

(At the moment there is a TOT phone line)

Was wondering what is the current situation regarding TOT/3BB? What are your experiences?

TOT still so bad??

Rates/promotions are more or less the same. TOT i maybe could apply for TOT fiber later on/in the near future as well, that would be an interesting option...

Thnks a lot

Flip

Edited by flip

speed is only one small part when choosing an ISP...

yeah right but i think i will go for 6 MB 3BB or True 10 MB (need to check availability first..)

thnks!!

He's right! A speed test doesn't mean it will work well for streaming or Skype or bit torrents. 3BB speed tests at what they say, but it won't run bit torrent clients and it has packet loss. True isn't available in Rawai that I know of, yet. I heard they are working on it... I have 3BB and CAT through KPP Cable. I use the CAT all day and night to run bit torrents. I use 3BB to make VOIP calls and Skype, but at times the call quality isn't good...

True isn't available in Rawai that I know of, yet.

True Ultra High Speed cable is available in Rawai now. 699 for 10Mb/1Mb. Very decent speeds to international with little or no packet loss.

Does it work with bit torrents? And what parts of Rawai? When I called them about three months ago, it was not available.

hi,

i also would like to know, if 3BB works with bit torrents??

heard from some people that it is not working at all...! i had TT&T/maxnet in the past and never had any problems..!

thnks a lot

hi,

i also would like to know, if 3BB works with bit torrents??

heard from some people that it is not working at all...! i had TT&T/maxnet in the past and never had any problems..!

thnks a lot

There's a thread in the internet technology forum on this: 3BB in Phuket