Forum upgrade in progress! ×

Utilities Cupboard/Closet Door Key --Where Can I Buy

partington

Not sure if anyone can help with this, as I don't know the correct term for what I'm looking for.

In my condo building all the utilities access cupboard/closet doors (ie to pipes, electric junction boxes, meters etc) are opened by some kind of simple key which I don't have. The key hole is circular and 1/4in (7mm) in diameter, and has a small grooved peg visible at the 6 o'clock position, when you look inside. The thing has "Colt" written on the keyhole plate. It is a very simple bolt mechanism. The key must be universal as every cupboard in the building has the same one.

Does anyone know what the 'key' to these looks like, and where I can buy one in BKK?

The reason is something on the other side of a door that is opened by one of these, and is in my condo, has just started making a hell of a racket. It is possibly an aircon unit, but when I use mine this noise does not occur. Some days it's not on at all, other days it's starting and stopping all day and night, a sort of low frequency motor like sound that is driving me mad . I've had to buy earplugs to sleep.

I want to get access to this thing , see what it is, and try to quiten it down without telling my landlord that I'm arsing around with it. If I can do it myself it is likely to lead to fewer complications I have learned in my time here...

(I've looked in Home Pro, and not seen anything in their lock section that fits the bill)

Any ideas?

Thanks!