Hi All

i need some advice, its for a friend, he wants to stay in thailland for 12 months, so i try and keep it as simple as possible ( so i can print it off for him as hes not got a pc)

am i right in saying that a TOURIST VISA (3 entry), on arrival in thailand by airport i get 60 days, at the end of 60 days i have to go to the border (lets say cambodia) they will give me another 60 days, i can do that 2 times so for example

i land by air on the 1 jan (which is the first entry) then 1 march i go to border for another 60 days ( which is the second entry)

then the 1 may i do it again which takes me to 1 july (which is the third entry and final run before the visa is 6 months old from date of issue ), than i must leave thaialnd

a one year multiple entries "O" visa (my friend is still married legally but he walked away from tgf and everthing 2 years ago so he could still get a "0" visa with hes marriage certifcate)

is for expamle

i land by air i will have a 90 day stamp at the end of the 90 days i must do a border run (lets say cambodia)

than i gat another 90 days, i can keep on doing that until the visa runs out, then i must leave thailand

( so i can get 15 months)

if that is right where does the 15 day come from which ive read on here and not understood lol

and what is the office ( immigration of something like that ) in jomtien for

as my friend thinks he can get hes stamp from there,

Thanks in advance

15 days is for people without a visa.

A triple entry tourist visa means 3 entries of 60 days, and each entry of 60 days can be extended by another 30 days for 1,900 baht before you have to leave the country. But all entries must be made before the date the visa expires. Any entry not made before that dat you lose.

Multiple nonO gives unlimited entries into thailand as long as the visa is valid, each entry allows to stay for up to 90 days.

So how does he extend by another 30 days for 1900abht, what does if have to do to get it and when and where to get it

so am i right in saying hes gets a triple entry tourist visa to los and when he gets there he gets 60 days extended by another 30 days for 1,900 baht at the airport,

then he goes to the border for a another 60 days extended by another 30 days for 1,900 baht,

he does the same again (before the visa ends) so he gets another 90 days,

so thats 90 + 90 + 90 days in los

thanks

Edited by GOWER

You do not extend at the airport, but at an immigration office. Most border provinces have one, as do a lot of other provinces.

You apply a week or so before your permisison to stay expires, fill in a form, hand over 1,900 baht and a passport photo.

Yes, it would be 90+90+90 days in that case, but keep in mind that you must use all entries before the visa expires. So check the expiration date and keep that in mind to make your third entry.

so he lands at los he gets 60 days, at the end of the 60 days hes goes to the immigration office for another 30 days,

at the end of them extended 30 days he goes to the border, lets say cambodia and gets 60 days and after the 60 days hes goes back to immigration office for another 30 days

and same again just before it expires

so that might be what he means the immigration office in jomtien.

so all he needs is triple entry tourist visa

3 X 1900 BAHT and 3 passport photos

Thank you so much

all this makes me go :blink: