What Games Are We Playing Now?

richb2004

What are the gamers playing now? I guess that was have all played and completed ‘San Andreas’ now, so what have we moved on to?

I recently finished 'San Andreas', 'Destroy all Humans' and 'Medal of Honor: European Assault'. All great games

I have just picked up a copy of ‘Far Cry Instincts’ for the X-Box. The graphics are fantastic, but I’ve only played it briefly so can’t say any more.

I also bought ‘Fahrenheit’ for PS2. This has had good reviews and sounds like an interesting game. Has anyone played it?

Actually nothing at the moment!

silent hunter 3 was very disappointing for me (a little bit game between all the bugs).

FC Instincts is not available for PC

I heared The Settler 4 is a nice game, any comments on that?

Any other Far Cry like games, which anyone can recommend?

Serious Sam 2(or is it 3??) is out and I heared it is a nice game.

I heared a Civilisation 4 should come out, but don't know when.

Any other recommendations???

What are the gamers playing now? I guess that was have all played and completed ‘San Andreas’ now, so what have we moved on to?

I recently finished 'San Andreas', 'Destroy all Humans' and 'Medal of Honor: European Assault'. All great games

I have just picked up a copy of ‘Far Cry Instincts’ for the X-Box. The graphics are fantastic, but I’ve only played it briefly so can’t say any more. 

I also bought ‘Fahrenheit’ for PS2. This has had good reviews and sounds like an interesting game. Has anyone played it?

My PS2 is kaput so I'm waiting for PS3 to come out.

Dusted off the ancient(?) grey PS1 console and recently finished Final Fantasy 7.

Very near to finishing Alundra, again. It's got some of the most mind-bending puzzles I've ever come across in a game.

Next, I'll be starting on Alundra 2, I think I'm gonna be stuck on what to play after that.

:o

Edit: Just remembered. Saw 'Tenchu Kurenai' for the PS1 today so will give that a go soon. The PS2 version was great.

Edited by Gazza

Do you mean old Settlers 4 or the new Settlers 5 "Heritage of Kings"?

The first one I played and loved it!! Great graphics. Details and realistic. Even more than Civilization of Age of Empire. *I enjoy the graphics and management than the battle :o*

I'm looking forward to the new one. Never had a time to get one, been busy lately. Probably on weekend I'll get it from Pantip or probably download from P2P.

Well i have completed San Andreas but doing a few side things. Like the races and tag spraying and stuff like that. But only now and again. Finally got my copy of Brothers In Arms working. I like this game. Takes a bit more though. So playing this sometimes. Pariah i've nearly done but not quite there yet. Another game that i bought a long time ago but have only just got to work s Alias. SWAT 4 is still on the PC but i'm stuck. So given that a rest. So havent bought anything new for a while. Even loaded up HL2 again but already completed that. So just not got the urge to do it again yet. Waiting on the Lost Coast part to come out. So anyone know any great new games. Diesnt seem to be any out just yet. But looking to get FEAR when it comes out.

meaning settler 5......

but I didn't play the settler 4 maybe I should have a look at it, too

The first one I played and loved it!! Great graphics. Details and realistic. Even more than Civilization of Age of Empire. *I enjoy the graphics and management than the battle :o*

I'm looking forward to the new one. Never had a time to get one, been busy lately. Probably on weekend I'll get it from Pantip or probably download from P2P.

meaning settler 5......

The first one I played and loved it!! Great graphics. Details and realistic. Even more than Civilization of Age of Empire. *I enjoy the graphics and management than the battle :D*

These 'games' are all blood and guts, shooting, killing, destroying...... perfectly suited to h90's evil nature in fact :o

:D How're u doin' M ?

I'm a strict PC gamer for the most part, so no games at all for me, at the moment. However, I've playd interesting Demo's of FEAR and Serious Sam II, can't wait for thefull version. OH! And how could I ever not mention, Quake 4 coming later this month :o Time to start fragging again.

These days I simply don't have time to complete the big games like GTA and prefer games that let you play in quick bursts

I really like "Total Overdose" for Xbox - it's a GTA clone mixed with Max Payne. Perfect for 20 min sessions. It's deliberately OTT, cheesy and great FUN

Oh and "Burnout Revenge" is the best one in the series yet. Being able to use other cars as weapons is a stroke of Genius

Looking forward to "Stubbs The Zombie" from the guys behind Halo next week

I finished Jade Empire for the XBOX recently. Very good storyline, something like knights of the old republic (Star Wars). Nice graphics too. Same as KOTOR offers Jade Empire a free roaming universe and you can play the good and dark side of the force storyline.

On the XBOX it is Need for Speed underground 2 and on the PC only Battlefield 2.

Edited by Bikkel

doing well, how are you doing?

I heared you are doing something with the helpless sheeps in NZ......

I don't want to imagine what you do.....

meaning settler 5......

The first one I played and loved it!! Great graphics. Details and realistic. Even more than Civilization of Age of Empire. *I enjoy the graphics and management than the battle :D*

These 'games' are all blood and guts, shooting, killing, destroying...... perfectly suited to h90's evil nature in fact :o

:D How're u doin' M ?

Good game!

I've got this for both PS2 and X-Box and it's EXCELLENT! Like an interactvie movie as much as a game...superb!

Also Ultimate Spiderman is well good, as is the new Hulk game.

As others have said Burnout Revenge is AMAZING, I don't like car games, but this is much more than that.

Also Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks (or whatever it's called) is good, with a great co-op feature.

Winning Eleven 9/Pro Evo 5 is still the greatest footy game ever made.

Good game!

I've got this for both PS2 and X-Box and it's EXCELLENT! Like an interactvie movie as much as a game...superb!

I played this game for half an hour last night and was really impressed. As you say its like an interactive movie.

Roller Coaster Tycoon with the Soaked expansion pack

GTR racing simulation - great fun on-line racing

Operation Flashpoint- old game but beta testing a mission being developed by a friend, takes 15 hours of gameplay to complete!

World of Warcraft - Just started and expect it to take over too many hours in the day!

As others have said Burnout Revenge is AMAZING, I don't like car games, but this is much more than that.
Burnout is great. I'm not into car games either but I'm hooked on this one. I'll be expecting good stuff from Burnout Revenge when I have a play.
Also Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks (or whatever it's called) is good, with a great co-op feature

Really? I played Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance and thought it was excellent. It does get kinda boring when none of your friends can beat you on it and you have all the characters and completed the globe millions of times :D

I played that one a few months back.

Do you know what to do with the candles?  :D

Don't tell all! I haven't really got into it yet. I may be female but I'm a pretty good gamer if I do say so myself :D

I don't need no hints and cheats :o

Edited by Ice Maiden

Burnout is great. I'm not into car games either but I'm hooked on this one. I'll be expecting good stuff from Burnout Revenge when I have a play.

You'll love it, it's impossible not to IMO!

Also Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks (or whatever it's called) is good, with a great co-op feature

Really? I played Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance and thought it was excellent. It does get kinda boring when none of your friends can beat you on it and you have all the characters and completed the globe millions of times :D

Ahh but this is completely different from the old Mortal Kombat games. It's a side scrolling beat 'em up (but with all the moves and fatalities etc. of the normal game) like Streets of Rage etc. So you're actually playing together rather than fighting each other.

I don't need no hints and cheats  :o

You're a better (wo)man than me then :D

Been playing FEAR all day and having a blast... Graphically this is the best looking game I've ever played, and is the reason why I upgraded my card to 7800GTX. Bit of a pig to install (have to hide your virtual drives and then eventually I found out I had to stop anyDVD too!)

Playwise this also seems a match for Half Life 2

Er, Stronghold? Love to see those little pictures of Merrie Olde England and its inns...

GTA 3 & GTA VC with all the mods...

Eggsucker/Dynomite for a ten minute sesh...

Can't get GTA SA to load. I did all the missions, but left it for a bit. I wanted to do the side missions and the bugger doesn't run anymore. Saved my save files and re-installed it, but no joy. Saw one website and deleted the file they said to, and it worked. But now it's happened again and deleting the file doesn't work - anyone else had this problem?