Golf Driving Range By Payoon Beach

robkey69

Just wondering if there is a decent driving range in the Payoon Beach area and how much it is? I remember in Pattaya about 10 years ago they had one which kind of reminded me of "Tin Cup" was kind of fun....I live pretty close to Eastern Star but have never driven in there....Also if anyone knows the golf rates there it would be appreciated.

Thanks for any info

I would suggest jumping in the family sedan and going to the Eastern Star clubhouse and inquire as to the rates and you can check out the driving range at the same time. The rates if you have a Pattaya Sport club card can be good. On sport day they also have good rates. The range is decent enough for a course range

Emerald also has a range but not sure of the quality as I have not been there in years

Off topic but Eastern Star are having a major green makeover so prices are 400 baht weekdays 600 baht weekends to play the front nine twice. Not really worth it. Normally 1500 weekdays 2500 weekends from memory so could be wrong.

A tray of balls is 25 baht at the driving range in ES

Wow, I can play golf in the states for that kind of money.....Are caddies required or can you push a cart yourself? Every-time I went with my brother in-law it was like going golf on the PGA tour....they take golf really seriously...and the 4-7 hours after golf drinking and eating...lol

We need the baht to return to about 38-42 tp 1 US dollar....otherwise I should just sell my house in Ban Chang and buy one in Florida where house have lost 60% of their values from 4 years ago...

Good idea...

Not really as his houe in Ban Chang has also lost its value so he won't be able to sell it for what he thinks it's worth.

LOL I'm well aware of the devalued housing in Thailand.....what I can't believe they sold out Phase 2? Lots of us dumb "Farlangs" with Thai wives....at lease I didn't invest more then I could afford to loose. I use to think Thailand was the place to live...I've changed my mind now....give me a nice ocean accessible home in the Fort Meyers area and I will be happy....Sure I will make the jaunt back to LOS every year for some fun and games....I'm also thinking of Costa Rica as an option.....