Bro'S Before Hoe'S

trisailer

I'm sorry I brought it up. I should have known that the intilectual level here is slightly above kindergarden.

I am a happily married man I also have close relationship (nonsexual you morons) with many men a few here and several back in the US. I don't need to get all my needs met from a woman. I have an executive background and was a highly successful businessman because I understand these things.

For all you that have been living under a rock for the past decade bro's before hoe's is a very common slang used by young men to express unity. A bad choice of words.

Mods, feel free to close this topic down. there's no intelligent life here.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If there's no intelligent life here they won't be able to close it..

Quote :- Before I came to Thailand I was fortunate to have been a member of a mens group of 12 men who were interested in examing what it means to be a man. unQuote. :lol: :lol: :lol: I kinda feel sorry for you.

It reminds me of the joke about the unhappy priests at a monastery when the one at the front and the one at the back complained when 12 of them they all joined up, until one priest came up with an idea and shouted " form a circle ". :lol:

Edited by Kwasaki

I'm sorry I brought it up. I should have known that the intilectual level here is slightly above kindergarden.

I am a happily married man I also have close relationship (nonsexual you morons) with many men a few here and several back in the US. I don't need to get all my needs met from a woman. I have an executive background and was a highly successful businessman because I understand these things.

For all you that have been living under a rock for the past decade bro's before hoe's is a very common slang used by young men to express unity. A bad choice of words.

Mods, feel free to close this topic down. there's no intelligent life here.

Remind me to never support you again :annoyed:.

Trisailor

"In the mens group we discussed things important to us and it was truly awakening to realize that all of us were dealing with the same issues around being men. We did two retreats each year and hired "professionals" to facilitate workshops on issues like our fathers (a big issue for men) our mothers, masturbation (who'd have thought men would feel guilt over this) "

You post this junk and you are surprised by the responses you get , you need to grow some, get a little independence and learn to not give a crap what other people think about you and your actions....when you have mastered this, you will then be a Man.....no weekend workshop can teach you how to be a Man.

Trisailor

"In the mens group we discussed things important to us and it was truly awakening to realize that all of us were dealing with the same issues around being men. We did two retreats each year and hired "professionals" to facilitate workshops on issues like our fathers (a big issue for men) our mothers, masturbation (who'd have thought men would feel guilt over this) "

You post this junk and you are surprised by the responses you get , you need to grow some, get a little independence and learn to not give a crap what other people think about you and your actions....when you have mastered this, you will then be a Man.....no weekend workshop can teach you how to be a Man.

And this post explains why men find it embarassing to talk to each other....

Tri sailor - way too much self analysis. It doesn't seem to matter what gender anyone is anymore. But what is important is to know your own values, act on them and respect others. That doesn't depend on you being male, female, or any other variation. You sound like you are as confused now as you were before the groups. Just try to keep life simple. Smile a lot (without help) say thankyou, and get a grip! Life is good without all the psychobabble!

I think everybody is being unfair to the OP.

Men (generally) don't have deep, meaningful discussions with each other and I suspect the OP is sensitive enough to miss this communication with somebody he trusts.

My (ex) husband went to a 'mens group' in Thailand, but for some reason didn't like it and, as we were separated, I couldn't be bothered to probe why. (Edit - I wish I had now!)

Women are v lucky (IMO) in that we find it easy to share our deepest, darkest thoughts with our close friends. I've never understood why men think its 'gay' when a man tries to do the same :blink:.

I don't think people are being unfair he makes statements that deserve criticism, his a Thailand knocker for starters if you ask me.

And as for the no intelligent life comments you can see what type and kind of self righteous Pratt he is.

Still personally I find the only way to have deep meaning discussions is with a woman.

Sorry to hear of your broken relationship, the reason why you didn't bother as you put it was maybe because it wasn't worth it.

Yeah !! your right in a way, women are lucky to be able to talk with one another not much point in talking to us men.:whistling:

I don't think MEN do think is gay to talk to other men in a deep way, I'm sure some do but it's not for me, that's not to say I wouldn't hear someone out if they wanted to talk to me. e.g. my sons still do but again that's a different thing too, I certainly wouldn't take them along to some silly formed group.

regards K

Tri sailor - way too much self analysis. It doesn't seem to matter what gender anyone is anymore. But what is important is to know your own values, act on them and respect others. That doesn't depend on you being male, female, or any other variation. You sound like you are as confused now as you were before the groups. Just try to keep life simple. Smile a lot (without help) say thankyou, and get a grip! Life is good without all the psychobabble!

Agree - but only as long as you have friends with whom you can share your feelings. Without that anyone is in trouble...

Being unable to express your emotions is the 'ideal' for a man :(, but it doesn't help him cope with life.

I think everybody is being unfair to the OP.

Men (generally) don't have deep, meaningful discussions with each other and I suspect the OP is sensitive enough to miss this communication with somebody he trusts.

My (ex) husband went to a 'mens group' in Thailand, but for some reason didn't like it and, as we were separated, I couldn't be bothered to probe why. (Edit - I wish I had now!)

Women are v lucky (IMO) in that we find it easy to share our deepest, darkest thoughts with our close friends. I've never understood why men think its 'gay' when a man tries to do the same :blink:.

I don't think people are being unfair he makes statements that deserve criticism, his a Thailand knocker for starters if you ask me.

And as for the no intelligent life comments you can see what type and kind of self righteous Pratt he is.

Still personally I find the only way to have deep meaning discussions is with a woman.

Sorry to hear of your broken relationship, the reason why you didn't bother as you put it was maybe because it wasn't worth it.

Yeah !! your right in a way, women are lucky to be able to talk with one another not much point in talking to us men.:whistling:

I don't think MEN do think is gay to talk to other men in a deep way, I'm sure some do but it's not for me, that's not to say I wouldn't hear someone out if they wanted to talk to me. e.g. my sons still do but again that's a different thing too, I certainly wouldn't take them along to some silly formed group.

regards K

I'm sure we all 'knock' Thailand from time to time - its so different to our home countries and, more importantly, what we thought it was when we first came here!

Its depressing but true, that men are only able to 'bare' their feelings with a woman... That's why I support the OP in his quest for men to be able to share their feelings with each other. It would be far healthier for them to share their emotions with someone who is on the same wave-length.

I still find it amazing that my ex tried to share his feelings with me as he had nobody else that understood... That is truly sad.

Edited by F1fanatic

Whatever floats the OP's boat is fine. For him.

I doubt that all of us had had sex with another guy by 7 (I have never done it at all). Heck, my gay friends mostly never tried until they were well into their teens or later, and one never did it until he was over 50. And while there is nothing inherently wrong with discussing masturbation with another guy, no, I personally would not feel comfortable having a discussing about that. Heck, I am not that comfortable discussing sex in detail with a woman, either (call me a little repressed, if you want.)

However, I have often had deep, serious discussions about love, life, and whatever with male friends, straight and gay.

Trisailor, do what you want, and if your man meetings do you good, so be it. But this is hardly the forum for you to proselytize and expect others to jump on the touchy feely bandwagon

Trisailor

And you are the type that feel the emasculation of men is acceptable, I have seen your posts on here.

I have no trouble expressing how I feel, I spent many years single and am very comfortable in my own skin, but sitting down and chatting about the feelings I have while or after masturbating with a group of friends is just not how I roll and I would be so forward as to say......thats just not normal.

Trisailor

And you are the type that feel the emasculation of men is acceptable, I have seen your posts on here.

I have no trouble expressing how I feel, I spent many years single and am very comfortable in my own skin, but sitting down and chatting about the feelings I have while or after masturbating with a group of friends is just not how I roll and I would be so forward as to say......thats just not normal.

And that's the point - talking about one's feelings is not 'emasculating'. When my ex and I were together I was happy when he shared his emotions - my feelings changed when he stopped sharing those emotions....

I will never understand why men think its 'gay' to share emotions with each other! Its a release valve that we all need.

You spelled intilectual wrong.

Absolutely excellent.

In his own words .................. "I have an executive background and was a highly successful businessman".

Gentlemen, where else can you get this kind of entertainment for free?

No its not, but making Men that they should feel guilt or shame because they they don't have deep and meaning fulls with there mates is emasculating.....

And again you're missing the point....

Obviously men don't need to feel guilt or shame because they don't have deep and meaningful discussions with their partners or other men - its just sad.

Why on earth would anyone feel that it betrays manhood to actually share their feelings and emotions with someone else??

Women certainly don't find it an acceptable masculine trait.

No its not, but making Men that they should feel guilt or shame because they they don't have deep and meaning fulls with there mates is emasculating.....

Women certainly don't find it an acceptable masculine trait.

There is the crux of it.......... why the hell should I give a crap if women do or don't find it masculine, I could not give a hoot what women think of me, or how my brain works when I am under pressure or sad or depressed, so long as I deal with it and I am happy inside in the end, why should I give a crap what anybody thinks.

Edited by rick75

regards K

I'm sure we all 'knock' Thailand from time to time - its so different to our home countries and, more importantly, what we thought it was when we first came here!

Its depressing but true, that men are only able to 'bare' their feelings with a woman... That's why I support the OP in his quest for men to be able to share their feelings with each other. It would be far healthier for them to share their emotions with someone who is on the same wave-length.

I still find it amazing that my ex tried to share his feelings with me as he had nobody else that understood... That is truly sad.

I don't find it different here I find it better that's one of the main reasons I came.

" It's depressing but true, that men are only etc ... " That's a bold statement to make, what's for me is no where near depressing, that's not to say other men may confide in both men and women.

As for men like me and some silly quest, who I chose to share my feelings with is for me, as for healthier, men are different so that's rubbish, emotion on the same wave-length as someone like the OP, would for me would be very unlikely.

You still find it amazing about your ex that you now say, he tried, that is not sad at all he must have trusted you.

2. "Most men live in isolation from other men because of their fear that they might want to have sex with a man."

What a bizzare statement.

I concur. It sounds like the OP had this problem, but it is far from universal.

When I first came to Thailand I did worry that I might have sex with a man (ladyboy)

Then I just decided it was only another item on the menu and stopped worrying.

regards K

I don't find it different here I find it better that's one of the main reasons I came.

" It's depressing but true, that men are only etc ... " That's a bold statement to make, what's for me is no where near depressing, that's not to say other men may confide in both men and women.

As for men like me and some silly quest, who I chose to share my feelings with is for me, as for healthier, men are different so that's rubbish, emotion on the same wave-length as someone like the OP, would for me would be very unlikely.

You still find it amazing about your ex that you now say, he tried, that is not sad at all he must have trusted you.

Sorry, but I don't understand most of your post.

Yes, my ex trusted me and that is why it is so sad - he had moved in a new Thai g/f as soon as I moved out (I found out a few months later), but even after I'd found out and told him EXACTLY what I thought, he still tried to share his feelings with me.... not his new g/f - how sad is that?

He REALLY needed a farang man that he could talk to about his feelings.

Edited by F1fanatic

I'm not surprised that this topic has generated the kinds of responses that it has. After all this is Thailand the place where men come to find their perfect woman. Just one problem though. Many get much more than they barganed for because they are such needy souls. Thai women are accustomed to men who are not looking to solve their mans problems. Oh, they put on a good show but every one I talked with think that farang men are soft. They tell me that more often than not farang men are looking for a mommy and the girls are happy to assume the role as long a the money flows.

All you men out there are so happy and balanced that it's very strange that so many are jumping off buildings and letting yourselves be led around by your noses. As a reader of TV I see an endless parade of men failing to navigate this place and ending up wrecks and all joking aside I think that the lack of real connection between men is a major cause. You don't know what you don't know and you and you can't learn anything new with your mind closed.

The science supports my view, but why would anyone want to consider science?

To be fair, very few of the people who have responded on this thread have actually jumped to their death from buildings.

SC

All you men out there are so happy and balanced that it's very strange that so many are jumping off buildings and letting yourselves be led around by your noses. As a reader of TV I see an endless parade of men failing to navigate this place and ending up wrecks and all joking aside I think that the lack of real connection between men is a major cause. You don't know what you don't know and you and you can't learn anything new with your mind closed.

To be fair, very few of the people who have responded on this thread have actually jumped to their death from buildings.

SC

Forgive me thinking deeply :rolleyes: I'm beginning to think it would be nice if some of them would.

I'm not surprised that this topic has generated the kinds of responses that it has. After all this is Thailand the place where men come to find their perfect woman. Just one problem though. Many get much more than they barganed for because they are such needy souls. Thai women are accustomed to men who are not looking to solve their mans problems. Oh, they put on a good show but every one I talked with think that farang men are soft. They tell me that more often than not farang men are looking for a mommy and the girls are happy to assume the role as long a the money flows.

SC

Unless of course there is a decent internet connection beyound the pearly gates...:rolleyes:

And while there is nothing inherently wrong with discussing masturbation with another guy, no, I personally would not feel comfortable having a discussing about that.

Since I moved to Thailand whenever I'm in the mood, some Thai woman jumps me, I dream about the days when I could have a wank on my own.

I suspect there are far less wanke_rs in Thailand, than there are in the western world.

On baring your feelings

Only women and gay men do that, or feel the need to do that.

If you are a guy and you want deep and meaningful discussions with men, you are gay, OK so maybe you don't know you are gay yet!

And while there is nothing inherently wrong with discussing masturbation with another guy, no, I personally would not feel comfortable having a discussing about that.

Since I moved to Thailand whenever I'm in the mood, some Thai woman jumps me, I dream about the days when I could have a wank on my own.

I suspect there are far less wanke_rs in Thailand, than there are in the western world.

On baring your feelings

Only women and gay men do that, or feel the need to do that.

If you are a guy and you want deep and meaningful discussions with men, you are gay, OK so maybe you don't know you are gay yet!

OK, fair enough, I give up.

Men that want to talk about their feelings are obviously gay, not sensible....

Men obviously go through emotions but can contain that within themselves. They're doing themselves no emotional damage at all....