• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Maybe SAF forgot that last night was not the group stages with qualification already assured? He is after all looking a bit doddery these days - takes him a loooong time to get up to celebrate a goalbiggrin.png . Truly great manager - I just hope he knows when to quit for his own record's sake.

Maybe SAF forgot that last night was not the group stages with qualification already assured? He is after all looking a bit doddery these days - takes him a loooong time to get up to celebrate a goalbiggrin.png . Truly great manager - I just hope he knows when to quit for his own record's sake.

No sign of MrRed....he must be fuming that his great grandson was left out again! tongue.png

No sign of MrRed....he must be fuming that his great grandson was left out again! tongue.png

Think we all are mate, fergies selections are baffling at timesbiggrin.png

The end of an era!!

Next up Blanc? Cantona? Bruce? Hughes?cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

19 NEVER to be 20!!clap2.gifclap2.gif

After being in charge for so many years its going to be a massive transition for the club and i don't think it would be remotely surprising if there was a bit of a decline.

Maybe Mourinho is the one manager that could steady the ship but no one else springs to mind. Guardiola is proven on the basis of managing the best club side for a generation, nothing more in my mind. i think a decline of sorts would be totally unsurprising.

Edited by carmine

After being in charge for so many years its going to be a massive transition for the club and i don't think it would be remotely surprising if there was a bit of a decline.

Maybe Mourinho is the one manager that could steady the ship but no one else springs to mind. Guardiola is proven on the basis of managing the best club side for a generation, nothing more in my mind. i think a decline of sorts would be totally unsurprising.

Totally agree Carms and I think even the staunchest United fans are also worried about the transition that will happen when SAF leaves.

reckon the most likely ferguson ex-player to take over from him is shaping up to be solskjaer. bruce, hughes, keane, mcleish. . .loads of ferguson's supposed proteges have flattered to deceive.

Totally agree Carms and I think even the staunchest United fans are also worried about the transition that will happen when SAF leaves.

I do think that Mourinho is good enough to take over sucessfully but i doubt he's willing to wait for the position to be vacated and will take over from Mancini.at City.

Clubs have their golden eras (except West Hamlaugh.png ) Utd are still in theirs but its coming to an end when Ferguson retires. Of this i have no doubt.

reckon the most likely ferguson ex-player to take over from him is shaping up to be solskjaer. bruce, hughes, keane, mcleish. . .loads of ferguson's supposed proteges have flattered to deceive.

So realistically there isn't one! For what its worth i'd be looking at Jurgen Klopp

At least we have a Decline thread, Spuds have never been in ascent

That sounds like the sort of retort you'd hear on a school playground! cheesy.gif

You west counry folk are all the same...Stop wasting time on here and tend to your herd. biggrin.png

Edited by carmine

I do think that Mourinho is good enough to take over sucessfully but i doubt he's willing to wait for the position to be vacated and will take over from Mancini.at City.

Clubs have their golden eras (except West Hamlaugh.png ) Utd are still in theirs but its coming to an end when Ferguson retires. Of this i have no doubt.

Fergie has said he wants to win 2 more european cups so he is going no wherelaugh.png

How i see it Sir Matt showed to much faith in the older guard in his era and we paid for i by going down, now i not think that will happen, but fergie still playing Giggs Scholes Feerdinand Evra Carrick all the time and not giving the younger players a fair run in the team could cost us in the long term, now why o why did he play Giggs at norwich out of position at norwich, when we had Cleverley and Anderson on the bench seemed very weird and most reds i know felt the same as soon as the team was announced.

Fergie has surrounded himself with to many yes men who will not stand up to him, no that is another one of our problems.

This season we have won 13 lost 3 of games played in the league and Europe now any other team would not see that as a crisis but because we are man utd are we expected to win every game?

The Decline may set in when he leaves, but imho i think he is holding us back right now with his loyalty to the old guard and maybe a new manager like stevie mentioned could see us move forward when sir Alex leaves.

That sounds like the sort of retort you'd hear on a school playground! cheesy.gif

You west counry folk are all the same...Stop wasting time on here and tend to your herd. biggrin.png

:lol:

I can see his bottom lip jutting out on that post too....:P

laugh.png

I can see his bottom lip jutting out on that post too....tongue.png

My herd is perfectly okay, baaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Do you and your love buddy keep giving each other likes??? laugh.png

Think we all are mate, fergies selections are baffling at timesbiggrin.png

Agree, totally bloody baffling but, for Buddha's sake gents, you only just won the titlte last year Ciddy, by a paltry margin at that and those of you getting the knives out again, with 6 months to go, should steady your own ships and have a look back in your diaries.....

As you were... ;)

redrus

Every time Man U suffer an unexpected defeat all the ABU's love to resurrect this thread and I've just noticed they've been doing it since July 2005 when the Glaziers bought the club. So I thought I'd take the top three clubs and see how their league records compare since the start of the 2005/6 Season. Because Man City supporters will complain they didn't get any help from their sugar daddy's money until 2008 I worked out their record since then as well as since 2005.Of course all other clubs records will be worse so I haven't bothered with them.

Man U

Since 2005/6

(Under theGlaziers Debt)

Champions.......4 times

Second.............3 times

Played..........266 league games

Won.............186........70%

Lost................35........13%

Drawn............45....... 17%

603 points.................Av 2.67 per game

556 goals scored.......Av 2.09 per game

201 goals against......Av 0.75 per game

Always averaged more than 2 points

per game in every season.

Chelsea

Since 2005/6

(with sugar daddy’s money)

Champions... 2 times

Second........ 3 times

Third.............1 time

Sixth.............1 time

Played.........266

Won...........169.......63.5%

Lost............41.........15.5%

Drawn.........56.........21%

563 points.................Av 2.1 per game

506 goals scored......Av 1.9 per game

206 against...............Av 0.78 per game

Av less than 2 points per game in a season 2 times.

In each of the last 2 seasons

Man City

Since 2005/6 Since 2008/9

With sugar daddy’s money

Champions........ once Champions........ once

3rd......................once 3rd......................once

5th......................once 5th......................once

10th...................once 10th....................once

9th.....................0nce

14th..................once

15th..................once

Played...........266 league games played....152 league games

Won............121..........45.5% won.....82.....53.9%

Lost...............91..........34.3% lost......39.....25.7%

Drawn......... 54..........20.2% drawn..31.....20.4%

417 points...................Av 1.57 per game 277 points.............Av 1.82 per game

401 goals scored.........Av 1.57 per game 284 goals scored...Av 1.87 per game

302 goals against........Av 1.51 per game 157 goals against..Av 1.03 per game

Only averaged more than 2 points per game in a season once, last season.

Edited by sumrit

Not at

Hope you didn't spend too much time on that Sumrit tongue.png

Not at all mrbojanglessmile.png . A few weeks ago, out of curiosity, a friend (a Liverpool supporter) and I were comparing Man U's record over the twenty life of the premiership and Liverpool's twenty year record during the seventies and eighties (which at that time had been recognized as the best ever record for an English club). Man U's record was superior so we also looked at the records of other top clubs of each era to see which period was more consistent. The top four in the premiership is generally better than the top four from Liverpool's era.

It took ten minutes to compare the last seven yearswai2.gif , but makes interesting reading doesn't it. Would you rather have a club with a manageable debt and the best manager in the world or a club with a 'loadsa money owner' but an also ran for a manager? whistling.gif

Not at

Hope you didn't spend too much time on that Sumrit tongue.png

Not at all mrbojanglessmile.png . A few weeks ago, out of curiosity, a friend (a Liverpool supporter) and I were comparing Man U's record over the twenty life of the premiership and Liverpool's twenty year record during the seventies and eighties (which at that time had been recognized as the best ever record for an English club). Man U's record was superior so we also looked at the records of other top clubs of each era to see which period was more consistent. The top four in the premiership is generally better than the top four from Liverpool's era.

It took ten minutes to compare the last seven yearswai2.gif , but makes interesting reading doesn't it. Would you rather have a club with a manageable debt and the best manager in the world or a club with a 'loadsa money owner' but an also ran for a manager? whistling.gif

Unless you are a Chartered Accountant, a football fan would rather have a team that wins things!!

Especially if you have gone years without.

Would you rather have a club with a manageable debt and the best manager in the world or a club with a 'loadsa money owner' but an also ran for a manager? whistling.gif

With regards to your debt. I think all United fans would agree that your owners are milking you for all they can get.

With regards to your "best manager in the world". That is coming to an end.

With regards to our "loadsa money owners". They have shown that they are in it for the long run and are not milking us. We have also won more in their short reign than we have won during my whole life. I'm struggling to see any negatives on that front.