Baking Suplies

BB1955

Does anyone know a place where I can buy oven baking pans , cookie sheets and pizza pans ? Makro has nothing nor does Big C . Never seen any in Tesco either .... I know there is a place around the moat but I have not been able to locate it after two trip .

Baker's mart (English name thai name translates to friend of the kitchen) is the cheaper choice located on the CM lamphun road prior to the 89 Plaza.

Rimping also has some but they are slightly more expensive but of higher quality.

• 6 months later...

I'm looking for a good quality hand mixer for baking. Any suggestions on where I should look in CM?

Thanks.

:)

I bought one upstairs in Makro about 6 weeks ago 990 Baht. Name I hadn't heard of before but comes with adjustable stand, bowl and mixing tools. Detaches and can be used as hand mixer which is my main use. Very pleased so far, works very well.

I would try the Baker's Mart for the hand mixer, got better selection than Yok. but honestly if you don't want to travel that far out of town, SiamTV has a decent selection for kitchen appliances. As for the baking trays, etc. Yok is probably the better place. Then Again Robinson does have some good stuff too. I've even seen some in Index.

SiamTV has a decent selection for kitchen appliances.

Just got back from Siam TV buying kitchen appliances and I need to vent........ :angry: :angry: :angry:

Considering they have a great selection, good prices, smart premises and loads of staff, why is the shopping experience so bad? What should have been a simple task to buy some kitchen stuff took over an hour, including TWENTY FIVE MINUTES waiting for the bill once we'd finally got someone to acknowledge everything we wanted and collect the money. Had I not already handed over cash would have walked out. :realangry:

O.K., TIT and I've lived here long enough to know what it's like (at least I managed to keep jai yen yen :rolleyes: ), but sometimes the level of incompetence when it comes to customer service still amazes me. I really wonder how some of these businesses get where they are.

Back on topic; thanks for the info on YOK and Bakers Mart. Sounds like they have some things I need too so will check them out.

You need to visit Yok's on the ring road for all things baking related - from the Narwat Bridge: go straight until you get to the ring road and then turn left, stay on the slip road and it's on the left hand side before too long, clearly marked, large and difficult to miss.

Just got back from Siam TV buying kitchen appliances and I need to vent........ :angry: :angry: :angry:

Considering they have a great selection, good prices, smart premises and loads of staff, why is the shopping experience so bad? What should have been a simple task to buy some kitchen stuff took over an hour, including TWENTY FIVE MINUTES waiting for the bill once we'd finally got someone to acknowledge everything we wanted and collect the money. Had I not already handed over cash would have walked out. :realangry:

O.K., TIT and I've lived here long enough to know what it's like (at least I managed to keep jai yen yen :rolleyes: ), but sometimes the level of incompetence when it comes to customer service still amazes me. I really wonder how some of these businesses get where they are.

Back on topic; thanks for the info on YOK and Bakers Mart. Sounds like they have some things I need too so will check them out.

Share your frustrations in this country with customer service. They seem to make very simple things very complicated. Seems to me it's all about employing large amounts of people who are poorly trained and subsequently don't know anything about what they are supposed to be doing most of the time. Takes three people to do one persons work and we are subjected to long waits as a result of this high employment policy.

Would either Yok or Bakers' Mart have soy powder in bulk form that's usable outside of cooked foods (i.e., mixed in liquids). I ask because I am looking for a soy powder supplement cheaper than the milk whey based protein supplements, usually designed for weight-lifters (like those sold at GNC), and way cheaper than the soy isolate protein mixes for nutrition like those from Abbott Labs sold at Rimping, etc.

thanks, Bill

• 11 months later...

Hi, i am in the midst of opening a table barbecue outlet in Chiangmai but have some trouble locating the items below. I would check our BakersMart but was thinking of whether there are any other places that sell these?

- stainless steel containers and tables used in salad bars e.g. Sizzler. I do not need anything fancy for the table, just a top with slots for the containers to be placed and a compartment below where I can keep ice to keep the food cold.

- the gold coloured hot plate as used by BBQ plaza.

Is there anyone who can point me in the right direction?

Yok don't have something that Chiang Mai Baker Mart has e.g. rye flour, multimalt mix etc.. and they don't have cookies sheet.

If Yok's does not have what you need I'll be surprised, they have just about everything else that a baker can imagine.

Yok or Bakersmart doesn't have anything like the stainless steel items you requested on display. They might be able to order it for you. An alternative would be to go to a stainelss steel fabricator. We use one on Charoen Muang to make sinks and stainless steel work tables. They did a great job. Here are their GPS coordinates: 18.787835,99.006511

Thank you for all your help, i will be sure to check out the places you mentioned. I checked out Somerville as well, although they had the containers and tables, their table came with a fridge at the bottom.

butterisbetter - do you by any chance have the phone number of the place you mentioned?

eyecatcher - is Canal Road known by another name? i was able to locate Suthep road on Google maps but not Canal Road.

Sorry, i have not been here long so still finding my way around :)

Thank you for all your help, i will be sure to check out the places you mentioned. I checked out Somerville as well, although they had the containers and tables, their table came with a fridge at the bottom.

butterisbetter - do you by any chance have the phone number of the place you mentioned?

eyecatcher - is Canal Road known by another name? i was able to locate Suthep road on Google maps but not Canal Road.

Sorry, i have not been here long so still finding my way around smile.png

Sorry, I don't have their phone number. Somerville does have good quality stuff, but it tends to be very pricey.

Edited by onthedarkside
reply corrected in proper format

Sorry, i have not been here long so still finding my way around smile.png

Canal road does have another name. I can't remember it, but it is marked as road 121 on google maps.

Considering they have a great selection, good prices, smart premises and loads of staff, why is the shopping experience so bad? What should have been a simple task to buy some kitchen stuff took over an hour, including TWENTY FIVE MINUTES waiting for the bill once we'd finally got someone to acknowledge everything we wanted and collect the money. Had I not already handed over cash would have walked out. angry.gif

Yes it is amazing isn't it, you select your goods and are then dumped with the dreaded cashier, which for reasons that still escape me can take up to half an hour to print you a receipt and get your goods. Seems they all have computers, but first they write it all out by hand and then try and input that in. Gather it is a massive checks and balance system to prevent theft in businesses that are often Chinese owned. A Chinese business owner did explain to me once that they (The Chinese) regard the Thais as shiftless, ignorant and light fingered. He actually had a liquor supply business and used to ride on top of the truck during deliveries to keep an eye on the staff, rain, hail or shine.