4 Digit Phone Number

Hey George,

Thanks for the link. My original question is due to some business research I'm doing. Do you know of any other companies that provide this service?

I looked at the CAT site but don't see where they are offering this. I don't "think" AIS or DTAC or True offer it.

Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

Thanks again,

Jay

A 4 digit number is actually a concession from the government. Any telecom company can help you fill out the paperwork, but it is not the operator that is providing you with the number. It comes from the telecommunications ministry.

There is a fee associated with the concession. It used to be around 100k per month for the privilege of a 4 digit concession, but I haven't investigated one in a long time.

I would suggest you apply through TOT, as in the final analysis they are the ones who will need to activate the number. You will get the best service at the source.

Edited by gregb

A 4 digit number is actually a concession from the government. Any telecom company can help you fill out the paperwork, but it is not the operator that is providing you with the number. It comes from the telecommunications ministry.

There is a fee associated with the concession. It used to be around 100k per month for the privilege of a 4 digit concession, but I haven't investigated one in a long time.

I would suggest you apply through TOT, as in the final analysis they are the ones who will need to activate the number. You will get the best service at the source.

Thanks Greg,

I think you hit the nail on the head. I asked my Thai business partner to look into it. He says it must be approved by the National Telecommunications Commission, which sounds like what you just said.

Thanks again for the help guys.

Jay