Ais Dtac Connection Problems

Briggsy

For the last few weeks, I have had problems receiving calls. I have a DTAC sim. When people call me from an AIS sim,

1) over 50% of calls do not reach my phone.

2) the caller is under the impression my phone is switched off, which it isn't.

3) Some hours later, usually 3 to 6, I receive an SMS from DTAC telling me I have 5, 6, 7, etc. missed calls and giving me the numbers.

I live in Chonburi.

Anyone else with the same problem?

I assume you have a signal? That you can make calls?

Does this happen when you are in other locations?

Does this happen when the calling party is on another SIM? DTAC? TRUE?

Is this happening with a lot of people on AIS calling you? Or just one? In different locations?

~ 4 years ago there was a severe capacity shortage on the interconnects, and disputes on termination charges, resulting in very poor call completion rates. But those have long been solved.

Either DTAC doesn't know where you are (put in layman's terms) or there is an interconnect issue. I'd contact DTAC, just to let them know (you know Thai people wouldn't complain, kreng jai and all that) as they may be unaware of an issue.

Edited by lomatopo

I assume you have a signal? That you can make calls?

Does this happen when you are in other locations?

Does this happen when the calling party is on another SIM? DTAC? TRUE?

Is this happening with a lot of people on AIS calling you? Or just one? In different locations?

~ 4 years ago there was a severe capacity shortage on the interconnects, and disputes on termination charges, resulting in very poor call completion rates. But those have long been solved.

Either DTAC doesn't know where you are (put in layman's terms) or there is an interconnect issue. I'd contact DTAC, just to let them know (you know Thai people wouldn't complain, kreng jai and all that) as they may be unaware of an issue.

Yes, signal appears to be fine and I can call out.

I think it may happen in other locations, but cannot say for sure. It certainly did happen a few years ago when I lived in Bangkok and had exactly the same problem with the same sim but a different phone.

It is happening a lot with lots of different AIS numbers.

It seems to be AIS only but I don't know anyone who uses True.

I have contacted DTAC this morning. They promised to investigate the issue and get back to me.

Having said that, I have received 2 AIS calls in the last hour which is a good omen.

I have had the same problems with DTAC, and not only with calls from AIS but certainly also with calls from another DTAC subscriber.

I also am unhappy that DTAC only provide unlimited or time based GPRS packages. AIS also provide traffic based packages, so you can sign up for 100 mb instead of 20 hours. This allows me to check the balance directly on the phone rather than having to enter some obscure number on the dialpad and wait (sometimes for hours) on an SMS message with the balance.

Fortunately number portability is now available so it's possible to change provider while keeping your number.

For these reasons I'm now changing to AIS. Time will show if it's an improvement, otherwise I can always move it back. The only cost is 100 baht for the new sim.

Yeah well, if someone in DTAC had known that, they could perhaps have avoided losing business. Though as I mentionned before, it wasn't the only reason we moved.

You don't happen to work for DTAC, as you seem to know your way through their websites very well? <_<

Yeah well, if someone in DTAC had known that, they could perhaps have avoided losing business. Though as I mentionned before, it wasn't the only reason we moved.

You don't happen to work for DTAC, as you seem to know your way through their websites very well? <_<

No, I do not work for DTAC, nor have I ever been a customer of theirs. I just want to make sure you and others have access to accurate information. Obviously when you said they didn't have a volume-based plans (pre-paid or post-paid) I just knew that couldn't be correct, so off to their website, which is like most; not so very difficult to navigate and find information.

So, after phoning them,

1) I have received sms's in both Thai and English promising to investigate.

2) I have had no further apparent problems. Though it is not clear if this is because I phoned them or simply chance.

DTAC sent me an sms on Sunday 22 May saying there are no problems at their end.

On Monday morning, another caller couldn't reach me.

It must be my phone, I guess.

By the way, this thread is about receiving calls on mobile phones, it is not about mobile internet. Thank you. :jap:

By the way, this thread is about receiving calls on mobile phones, it is not about mobile internet. Thank you. :jap:

Had dinner with a friend last night who has AIS. Another at dinner also has AIS. They had a 4 hour gap in one of them sending to the other a SMS. I have dtac and so at dinner sent a sms to one of them. Received in 2 minutes. He said "It must be my phone, I guess" also.

Could it have to do with companies adding equipment to handle 3G?

Had dinner with a friend last night who has AIS. Another at dinner also has AIS. They had a 4 hour gap in one of them sending to the other a SMS. I have dtac and so at dinner sent a sms to one of them. Received in 2 minutes. He said "It must be my phone, I guess" also.

By the way, this thread is about receiving calls on mobile phones, it is not about mobile internet inter-/intra-SP SMS delivery. Thank you.

By the way, this thread is about receiving calls on mobile phones, it is not about mobile internet inter-/intra-SP SMS delivery. Thank you.

I've had quite a few problems recently where people haven't been able to connect to me. It was as if my phone had been turned off. There was a clear signal on my phone but when I tried to make a call I got a "connection error" message.

I thought it was my phone and was prepared to go to Nokia. Anyway 4 hours later I received several SMS's that people had tried to call me. After that I didn't have problems.

I am DTAC for the last 10 years and it works fine from my side. Sending SMS to other Providers is without delay. But receiving Messages from other providers come with an Delay from several Minutes to sometimes an hour or more. The worst is from True. My GF has a True Sim and i get sometimes no SMS at all or the next Day. :realangry:

I've had a chance to compare my new AIS account with the old DTAC for a few days now, and so far I must say it's like day and night. Before, downloading a thread on Thaivisa in the mobile skin, would take 30-60 seconds. With AIS it now takes me 5-10 seconds.

These are just my, granted, subjective impressions, and I can't explain why others see different. Maybe it's just similar to ADSL lines here - what works for some, don't work for others. Maybe it has to do with the area where it is used. I can't explain it other than suggest anyone not happy with the performance should try out the alternatives. It's very cheap with mobile networks, just buy a 50 baht sim and try it out :)

(I also found that by adjusting our post-pay DTAC plans to pre-pay AIS plan we about halved the mobile costs for the family, but that's just an added bonus)

I'm having issues with my DTAC data connection since yesterday evening. I'm using an iPhone 4 with unlimited prepaid DTAC internet data plan.

In the settings, the personal hotspot button keeps spinning, I've already reset the iPhone to factory settings but it's still not working.

When I logged in the DTAC web portal to check my current data plan package, it says that the server can't process the current operation. Is anybody else having issues with it these days? Is the trouble caused by DTAC or my iPhone? unsure.gifsad.gif

I'm having issues with my DTAC data connection since yesterday evening. I'm using an iPhone 4 with unlimited prepaid DTAC internet data plan.

In the settings, the personal hotspot button keeps spinning, I've already reset the iPhone to factory settings but it's still not working.

When I logged in the DTAC web portal to check my current data plan package, it says that the server can't process the current operation. Is anybody else having issues with it these days? Is the trouble caused by DTAC or my iPhone? unsure.gifsad.gif

Yes, it is completely broken, at least in BKK.

No DTAC internet, and I'm sure they will not compensate for those who have a package.

TIT....

Yes, works again.

BTW, don't do a factory reset of your mobile if something is not working.

This involves a lot of work afterwards, reinstalling software, settings etc.

You can be almost sure, it is Thai technology, and not your mobile.

You may install some network tester app, which tells you if your network is up and running. Good for Wifi hotspots too, which often have problems.