The World Will End Tonight (Thai Time)

IMA_FARANG

:whistling:

Once again a "Christian" group is making the claim in the U.S that today 21 May 2011 will bring about the End of The World (known as EOTW Day to some skeptics).

Given the 12 hour time difference between Bangkok and the East Coast of the U.S. and the fact that as I write this it is now 14:35 here in Bangkok, I must assume that it is now or happening or about to occur in the U.S.

I can't even begin to count the number of times in my 65 year existance some group has claimed that "tomorrow" the world will come to an end. Anyhow for you guys in Pattaya looking for that lovely young Thai female companion tonight, be sure to get it at least started early today.

Tomorrow is apparently going to be to late for all of us.

:lol:

Edited by IMA_FARANG

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

One thing that COULD happen by the end of this comming summer is the United States might be in financial ruin... similar to other countries who spent more than they brought in. The USA is on the brink of bankruptcy and are printing money to fill the voids. Price of goods (including food) could shoot through the roof and the fall out could take a lot of other countries with it.

One thing that COULD happen by the end of this comming summer is the United States might be in financial ruin... similar to other countries who spent more than they brought in. The USA is on the brink of bankruptcy and are printing money to fill the voids. Price of goods (including food) could shoot through the roof and the fall out could take a lot of other countries with it.

True, but I'm not sure that this is what Mr Camping had in mind, Ian. ;)

An intelligent and sensitive Thai colleague (MEd Chula and all that) spoke to me in a rather anxious tone yesterday about this. A fairly new Christian, I think, she wanted to know if the Bible really did provide grounds for belief in 21 May 2011 as the Rapture. It was hard to explain the prophetic books to her without wounding her new-found faith, so I just said there are no timetables in the Bible (Daniel and Revelation included).

I suspect Thai Christians do worry about these things. At another school I was at before Y2K the senior assistant director used to get kids and staff together and show them videos about how we'd all be off to h_ll in a handcart because of Y2K.

People like Harold Camping, Pastor Terry Jones and others really do have a lot to answer for.

Oops I just realised today is only the 20th not the 21st of May.

Still the same principle though...tonight's going to be your last chance.

I wonder if the bargirls will give a discount based on that?

Edited by IMA_FARANG

It seems it's only the "good" that will be raptured on the 21st. Everyone else will just stew in their own juice until 21 October when God will destroy everything - the whole universe (it'll be a big day!). So no discounts for the naughty ones, unless maybe coupons to expire on 21 Oct.

So its worthwhile stocking up on champagne. If the world ends at least we'll enjoy it - if it doesn't, we'll have enjoyed it :lol:.

21st Dec 2012 is the real 'biggie' - another excuse to stock up on champagne!

It seems it's only the "good" that will be raptured on the 21st. Everyone else will just stew in their own juice until 21 October when God will destroy everything - the whole universe (it'll be a big day!). So no discounts for the naughty ones, unless maybe coupons to expire on 21 Oct.

I just read this, too. It seems that Jesus will save true-believers, and then reign over 5 months of despair and failings as the World falls apart, and we will all know that Jesus is Lord, but none of us can be saved after the 21st May. Why do fundamentalist (I love that that word has 'mentalist' in it) Christians make God and Jesus into a right pair of bastards? In my understanding God and Jesus are supposed to be enlightened beings, not cruel and sadistic. It's no wonder fundamentalists are such bitter, twisted souls.

Just to clarify, I read that Harold Camping came by this date by calculating the amount of days from 1 AD to now by adding together 3 holy numbers and multiplying by 2. He said he was amazed by the results. He did this previously in 1994 but it came to nothing - he says he had not read enough of the Bible at that time and had made a mistake in his calculations. You would think that by age 72 a preacher would have read all of the Bible quite carefully! :huh:

Things like this really piss me off. He calls himself a Christian but spends his life spitting hatred towards different ways of life and then has the audacity to spread fear amongst believers by claiming the end of the World is coming and we're all going to Hell. I don't hate him for it - I can't, really. I just feel sad that people listen to him.

Edited for spelling.

Edited by DavidSL

I just read this, too. It seems that Jesus will save true-believers, and then reign over 5 months of despair and failings as the World falls apart, and we will all know that Jesus is Lord, but none of us can be saved after the 21st May. Why do fundamentalist (I love that that word has 'mentalist' in it) Christians make God and Jesus into a right pair of bastards? In my understanding God and Jesus are supposed to be enlightened beings, not cruel and sadistic. It's no wonder fundamentalists are such bitter, twisted souls.

Just to clarify, I read that Harold Camping came by this date by calculating the amount of days from 1 AD to now by adding together 3 holy numbers and multiplying by 2. He said he was amazed by the results. He did this previously in 1994 but it came to nothing - he says he had not read enough of the Bible at that time and had made a mistake in his calculations. You would think that by age 72 a preacher would have read all of the Bible quite carefully! :huh:

Things like this really piss me off. He calls himself a Christian but spends his life spitting hatred towards different ways of life and then has the audacity to spread fear amongst believers by claiming the end of the World is coming and we're all going to Hell. I don't hate him for it - I can't, really. I just feel sad that people listen to him.

Edited for spelling.

Which is precisely why I hate all religions....

The most 'self-proclaimed' Christians I've met have been the nastiest people I've had the misfortune of knowing...

thanks for the tip..more time to get my suitcases packed now

does anyone know if they'll let me take a 5 litre drum of bundy rum :burp:

True, but I'm not sure that this is what Mr Camping had in mind, Ian. ;)

An intelligent and sensitive Thai colleague (MEd Chula and all that) spoke to me in a rather anxious tone yesterday about this. A fairly new Christian, I think, she wanted to know if the Bible really did provide grounds for belief in 21 May 2011 as the Rapture. It was hard to explain the prophetic books to her without wounding her new-found faith, so I just said there are no timetables in the Bible (Daniel and Revelation included).

I suspect Thai Christians do worry about these things. At another school I was at before Y2K the senior assistant director used to get kids and staff together and show them videos about how we'd all be off to h_ll in a handcart because of Y2K.

People like Harold Camping, Pastor Terry Jones and others really do have a lot to answer for.

"At least the world will end , an event anticipated with great joy by many. It will end very soon , but not in the year 2000 , which has come and gone . From that I conclude that God was not heavily into numerology. "

Kurt Vonnegut . Hocus Pocus 1990

some mistakes in here, the belief is not that the world ends tomorrow, tomorrow all the christians are taken away safely, those that are left will all be killed on October 31st, and then december 31st the world will end,

the belief is oct 31st will see a global earthquake that hits each time zone at 6pm. :whistling:

some mistakes in here, the belief is not that the world ends tomorrow, tomorrow all the christians are taken away safely, those that are left will all be killed on October 31st, and then december 31st the world will end,

the belief is oct 31st will see a global earthquake that hits each time zone at 6pm. :whistling:

Thats a relief my birthday is on the 22nd May, I thought I was going to miss it.:unsure:

<deleted>, I've just gone out an bought some nice new fishermans pants - now I'm not going to be able to wear them

I dont know what happened there, but I said if we get a plane to the US we will gain a day as it's Thursday there now. :blink:

Edited by OZEMADE

Perhaps some can clarify one point. When they say the end of the "World" is coming, does that mean planet earth or our solar system or the Milky Way or the whole universe?

Just wonder if I can escape...

I quite like Milky Way, but I still think Mars is better :)

Edited for spelling.

Which is precisely why I hate all religions....

The most 'self-proclaimed' Christians I've met have been the nastiest people I've had the misfortune of knowing...

Weren't you brought up a Jehova's Witness?