Unlocking A Dongle To Allow True Access

Chivas

The answer is yes and no.. it depends on the make. The newer ZTE ones like the MF112 on 3 you need to pay for an unlock (it's about 7 euro) AND load a new dash board. On some of the HUawai dongles it's easier... google is your friend.

The answer is yes and no.. it depends on the make. The newer ZTE ones like the MF112 on 3 you need to pay for an unlock (it's about 7 euro) AND load a new dash board. On some of the HUawai dongles it's easier... google is your friend.

The ZTE MF112 does not support TRUE 3G.

Why do you say this?....

SEE HERE for spec.

http://telecomandint...f112-usb-stick/

Edited by thaicbr

Why do you say this?....

SEE HERE for spec.

You are right. It does. Perhaps I was thinking of the MF110.

If you already have one of these, it's definitely worth the unlocking.

A handy site for unlocking dongles for free is Calculator and covers Alcatel, Huawei and Zte dongles and phones. I have used it on Huawei dongles and Zte phones. If you are using an Android phone there is an app called Barnacle wifi tether which allows you to use your phone as a dongle providing your phone is rooted.

Why do you say this?....

SEE HERE for spec.

You MAY actually be correct. I live outside the TRue 3G area. But today i went into the area they SAY has 3G (but still just on the edge).. the zte mf112 did not find 3G only edge/gprs.

Why do you say this?....

SEE HERE for spec.

You MAY actually be correct. I live outside the TRue 3G area. But today i went into the area they SAY has 3G (but still just on the edge).. the zte mf112 did not find 3G only edge/gprs.

Does the new connection software give you the option to connect via UMTS/HSPDA 850MHz?

Some networks appear to have different versions of similarly designated modems. For instance Telstra's ZTE MF626 communicates via UMTA/HSPDA 850MHz, but the same model with T-Mobile UK does not. Even if you flash the T-Mobile modem with Telstra firmware and Dashboard; no go.

E