Excise Dept. Messing With My Bottle Of Scotch!

Just treated myself to a litre bottle of Ballantine's Finest - a modest but drinkable Scotch.

As usual, the Thai Govt. managed to spoil the fun - tried to get the screw top off but there's a horrible mass of sticky gluey sh*te holding down the stupid tax sticker. After a fight, I got the sticker off but the glue gets on my fingers every time I go for a refill. Its OK that I pay the tax, but why the sticky yucky fingers all evening?

Also, the bottle's got one of those <deleted> mega-stupid restrictors - as if I'm only a baby and can't judge how much I'm pouring into a glass! Tip the bottle over your glass and get two drops; shake the bottle vigorously for a proper drink and get a double-double-and-a-shot.

Are most Thais stupid as children because they EXPECT their Govt. to treat them as children??

Solutions? Anyone tried steaming or dissolving off the glue sh*te? Can you pull the restrictor out with hefty pliers?

Knowledgeable advice much appreciated. Thanks.

I hate those Excise Tax stickers with a passion.

I drink Chivas and they have recently changed the Cap / Seal and introduced a perforated tear off strip around the Cap, in many cases not only has the "tab" end of this strip been carefully covered by whatever half moron applied the Tax sticker but once I am able to free the "tab" and try to tear it around the Seal I find the glue used to apply the sticker is so strong that it breaks the tear off strip and I have to resort to using a knife to rip off the whole d@mn Seal.

I hate those restrictors too - I've broken a couple of crystal tumblers shaking the bottle trying to get the flow started.

:angry:

Patrick

Ironically the alcohol in the ummm alcohol does a decent job. Just dab a bit onto a paper towel and wipe away.

You have to open the bottle first!

:(

Patrick

Unless you're a 'chain-drinker', then it's only the first bottle that's a problem!

mario299 B)

Alternatively , I grab the bottle and in frutration smash the top of the kneck off . Then I filter the water of life through an old sock , preferably with no holes , into a bucket to much aplause from my fiff raff chums. The good auld days .

:drunk: xcusemeisthertoopeezinaplause?

nah use nail polish remover to unset the glue. watch the sticker fall off then wash the lid to finish

Drink the nail polish remover and leave the bottle on the sideboard to impress visitors

SC

Best of the best answers, mix the nail polish remover with Lao Khao for an extended evening of fun! Even my in-laws would think I'm weird drinking Nail polish remover neat!

• 6 months later...

Alternatively , I grab the bottle and in frutration smash the top of the kneck off . Then I filter the water of life through an old sock , preferably with no holes , into a bucket to much aplause from my fiff raff chums. The good auld days .

dam_n these new contact lenses...firaminutethereahthochtyeweresantaclause.

I prefer to drink straight from the tap....although don't try this if you have sensitive teeth.

I prefer to drink straight from the tap....although don't try this if you have sensitive teeth.

I take you've heard of the Fiff Raff splinter group that has surfaced on TV ?

I heard SC sent the landlord of his old pub in Glasgow a wireless router for his Xmas. The rest is history....or might become so....as we know its never written by the vanquished

I heard SC sent the landlord of his old pub in Glasgow a wireless router for his Xmas. The rest is history....or might become so....as we know its never written by the vanquished

A wireless router !! Crivens I'll bet that plays havoc with his moustache.

I can't imagine Richard Briers with facial hair. Could you provide a pic?

I was thinking Windsor Davies , " because we is British , we gets up off our backsides and defies the sun ."

I was thinking Windsor Davies , " because we is British , we gets up off our backsides and defies the sun ."

I wondered what he was up to in KL....if the gang's all there well....which panto are they showing this year?

I wondered what he was up to in KL....if the gang's all there well....which panto are they showing this year?

http://youtu.be/gAATxhOXH_A

It is whispering grass with Lofty

Edited by onionluke

Whoah....snakehips SC....who could have guessed he'd go on to forge a successful music career alongside Brian May then fake his own death in order to move to KL and star in Panto?

Quite remarkable I think you'll agree.

Aye well ye have tae pity the poor actor , " Tis almost crimbo , and still no sign of panto ! "

Whoah....snakehips SC....who could have guessed he'd go on to forge a successful music career alongside Brian May then fake his own death in order to move to KL and star in Panto?

Quite remarkable I think you'll agree.

Aye well ye have tae pity the poor actor , " Tis almost crimbo , and still no sign of panto ! "

As close as I come to a classical music lover....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTdD_dVyteA

It reminds me of the evenings in the Piano Bar at Abu Dhabi....

OL:A wireless router !! Crivens I'll bet that plays havoc with his moustache.

S: I can't imagine Richard Briers with facial hair. Could you provide a pic?

OL:I was thinking Windsor Davies , " because we is British , we gets up off our backsides and defies the sun ."

S: I wondered what he was up to in KL....if the gang's all there well....which panto are they showing this year?

OL:

I'm leaving the pantomime to join the circus - it'll be the biggest show in town, with my old mates from HK - as seen on television (Crimewatch 5).

Its not a travelling circus though... but I'll still be commuting.

SC

EDIT: I've never actually lived in Glasgow, and I doubt there's a publican in Scotland would remember me now, which is probably a good thing - for them, at least.

OL:A wireless router !! Crivens I'll bet that plays havoc with his moustache.

S: I can't imagine Richard Briers with facial hair. Could you provide a pic?

OL:I was thinking Windsor Davies , " because we is British , we gets up off our backsides and defies the sun ."

S: I wondered what he was up to in KL....if the gang's all there well....which panto are they showing this year?

OL:

I'm leaving the pantomime to join the circus - it'll be the biggest show in town, with my old mates from HK - as seen on television (Crimewatch 5).

Its not a travelling circus though... but I'll still be commuting.

SC

EDIT: I've never actually lived in Glasgow, and I doubt there's a publican in Scotland would remember me now, which is probably a good thing - for them, at least.

Well SC if you don't have a bicycle to cut about on here's wishing you a classic holyday .

Well SC if you don't have a bicycle to cut about on here's wishing you a classic holyday .

Merci bien. I really enjoy French comedy. Last one I watched was Les Mic Macs de Tir Largo (not sure of the spelling...). I inherited my love of Jacques Tati from my dear old father, for whom Tati was something of a role model, I believe.

I think I will look for a bike to cut about, as the circus office is about 2 km from my new abode.

Trying to get back on topic, I was going to say that the last time I had a bottle of whisky in the house was HK seven years ago, but then I remembered a friend's bottle in Dubai, that spent a month in my cupboard - and some murky liquid that the previous tenant had left - I forget what; I'm sure it was whatever it said on the bottle - that I poured away. The friend gradually worked their way through the whisky. As I've posted elsewhere, I don't believe in spirits, through fear of the unknown...

SC

Merci bien. I really enjoy French comedy. Last one I watched was Les Mic Macs de Tir Largo (not sure of the spelling...). I inherited my love of Jacques Tati from my dear old father, for whom Tati was something of a role model, I believe.

I think I will look for a bike to cut about, as the circus office is about 2 km from my new abode.

Trying to get back on topic, I was going to say that the last time I had a bottle of whisky in the house was HK seven years ago, but then I remembered a friend's bottle in Dubai, that spent a month in my cupboard - and some murky liquid that the previous tenant had left - I forget what; I'm sure it was whatever it said on the bottle - that I poured away. The friend gradually worked their way through the whisky. As I've posted elsewhere, I don't believe in spirits, through fear of the unknown...

SC

I'll drink to that .

The Faither the Son and the wee ghostie man .

A man

I think I will look for a bike to cut about, ...As I've posted elsewhere, I don't believe in spirits, through fear of the unknown...

SC

I'll drink to that .

A man

Do you think I should get an exorcise bike or an excise bike to keep my spirits up?

SC

I think I will look for a bike to cut about, ...As I've posted elsewhere, I don't believe in spirits, through fear of the unknown...

SC

I'll drink to that .

A man

Do you think I should get an exorcise bike or an excise bike to keep my spirits up?

SC

Whatever is the local custom.

SC

I'll drink to that .

A man

SC

Whatever is the local custom.

I went to buy a bike. The chap said "what size do you want?"

"What sizes have you got?"

"Small, Regular, Large or Extra-Large"

"Do you have Extra-Regular"

He called through to the stock room

"There's a bloke here wants an XRsize bike!"

Its only fair to warn our gentle readers that perhaps some of the stories you read on the internet are less true than others...

SC

Edit: I couldn't be bothered coming up with a story for a medium-sized exorcise bike

Edited by StreetCowboy

I went to buy a bike. The chap said "what size do you want?"

"What sizes have you got?"

"Small, Regular, Large or Extra-Large"

"Do you have Extra-Regular"

He called through to the stock room

"There's a bloke here wants an XRsize bike!"

Its only fair to warn our gentle readers that perhaps some of the stories you read on the internet are less true than others...

SC

Edit: I couldn't be bothered coming up with a story for a medium-sized exorcise bike

I only wish you could have met the beach bar owner who tried to fight the rising tide using only his broom. Ah you could have rung the bell and left him in a constant state of flux....and joined us falling off our stools into the newly created pool bar....