My Cat Kills Jingjoks Wholesale

My cat

1 1/2 years old at most, been living with my friend and then me for all but the first month of her life.

She has always killed jingjoks on occasion, but now it is picking up.

No ideas how to stop her. She brings them into the bathroom and leaves them there either dead or near to it, day-in and day-out. Sometimes, two per day.

I like jingjoks, they kill mosquitoes.

Any ideas out there?

She does not eat them. We give her plenty of food, too much. She simply kills them for something to do. Can I find her another hobby?

My dogs are the same.

They will kill lizards, birds, chickens even cats if they stray onto the property.

The sad part it that they never eat them, just kill for the sake of.

It`s just nature, nothing much you can do to prevent your cats from killing lizards.

Buy her some kitty toys, things she can bat around, chase, and play with her yourself.

You've already figured out the problem; she's bored, the solution shouldn't be too hard to find

Moving to pets forum

My dogs are the same.

They will kill lizards, birds, chickens even cats if they stray onto the property.

The sad part it that they never eat them, just kill for the sake of.

It`s just nature, nothing much you can do to prevent your cats from killing lizards.

Have a dog almost the same. She was a stray puppy about three month's old when we took her in, Buddha know's what she ate before but frog's Jingjoks and Lizard's are on the daily menu She dose eat them though. Doesn't waste a thing. Edited by fredob43

We give her plenty of food, too much.

Don't give her too much food.

And if the cat should have lost interest in hunting geckos, then and and only then is the time to ask a vet what is wrong with her.

Get a monitor lizard put it in your garden and tell your cat to chew on that Barstuard me thinks cat would think twice.:rolleyes:

My cat goes for the biggies too but will not deal with the frogs ;), no frogs, no snakes.

More play time may help but frankly, no cat can resits chasing a swishing tail.

With time natural selection may kick in, i.e. the jingjoks smart enough to stay uop out of reach will prosper and reproduce while the others don't.

or not.

My cat does it too, only she, like Kerry's, eats them and then throws up.

And my dogs hunts and eats frogs. I really wish he wouldn't, he's put a serious dent in what had been a thriving frog population. He gets plenty of food, its just his instinct, and no stopping it :(