Thaksin's Sister Yingluck Qualified To Run: EC

webfact

Ho ho ho, these crazy-ass Shinawatras can't seem to get anything right, can they? And yet they're STILL gonna get millions upon millions of votes...

As a taxi driver told me yesterday 'Abhisit looks good, but what's inside him? Thaksin same, but at least we got money' :huh:

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mark said FREE 12 years of education INCLUSIVE is not true. Care to disagree?

Why isn't it true?

Did he say "inclusive"? Inclusive of what?

Yes, who is Mark?? and inclusive of what. Also, the current Abhisit's government (before he dissolved the house) has a 15 years free education policy in place, not 12. I should know as my wife and I are private kindergarten owners and it is very relevant to us!!!

Edited by SICHONSTEVE

Ho ho ho, these crazy-ass Shinawatras can't seem to get anything right, can they? And yet they're STILL gonna get millions upon millions of votes...

As a taxi driver told me yesterday 'Abhisit looks good, but what's inside him? Thaksin same, but at least we got money' :huh:

Sounds like Abhisit's PR machine has missed someone there. I thought a year ago everyone was saying that the government's got loads of good policies for addressing the grievances of rural poor, it's just that the rural poor don't KNOW about them. They've had a year to get the message across and we'll soon see how effective it was.

Thank God for elections ;)

Sounds like Abhisit's PR machine has missed someone there. I thought a year ago everyone was saying that the government's got loads of good policies for addressing the grievances of rural poor, it's just that the rural poor don't KNOW about them. They've had a year to get the message across and we'll soon see how effective it was.

I don't want to sound too pedantic and I may have mis-understood the taxi driver, but I really got the impression he said 'at least we got money' as in getting rather than working for :huh:

I don't want to sound too pedantic and I may have mis-understood the taxi driver, but I really got the impression he said 'at least we got money' as in getting rather than working for :huh:

A government that puts money in the pocket of the lower paid?

A government where money in your pocket does not go as far as it did?

Who to vote for...........

Kinda reminds me of a family in the USA who had quite a chequered history but still remained very popular........

she could be charged with three cases of perjury over testimony she gave to the Securities Exchange Commission

Ah the emergency trapdoor is already in place..........

hardly an emergency trapdoor..... more like PTP leaves a whole barn door wide open in full view with big flashing neon signs directing people to it...

Why isn't it true?

Yes, who is Mark?? and inclusive of what. Also, the current Abhisit's government (before he dissolved the house) has a 15 years free education policy in place, not 12. I should know as my wife and I are private kindergarten owners and it is very relevant to us!!!

Congratulations! I always wanted to become a doctor and then became a teacher. Ever heard of Mark Knopfler? :jap:

Edited by sirchai

Better BAN her now than having a coup to kick her butt later.

"The trial concerning the seizure of Thaksin's assets in which Khun Yingluck was involved was not a criminal one, but a political one," the chairman said.

It wasn't a criminal one? :jap:

she could be charged with three cases of perjury over testimony she gave to the Securities Exchange Commission

hardly an emergency trapdoor..... more like PTP leaves a whole barn door wide open in full view with big flashing neon signs directing people to it...

Yes PTP open honest,......very refeshing .....worth a vote in itself........:)

Yes PTP open honest,......very refeshing ...

and the first to whinge endlessly when they are caught out in their blatant offenses.

]

and the first to whinge endlessly when they are caught out in their blatant offenses.

Well we all like a whinge now and again.......some more than others.....after all you have thaksin......:lol:

Well we all like a whinge now and again.......some more than others.....after all you have thaksin......:lol:

:rolleyes: I suppose that's what I get for responding with the likes of you.

One inflicts havoc on an entire country for years and another posts on an internet forum. Sorry if differentiating the two is overly difficult for you.

Edited by Buchholz

:rolleyes: I suppose that's what I get for responding with the likes of you.

One inflicts havoc on an entire country for years and another posts on an internet forum. Sorry if differentiating the two is overly difficult for you.

Both attempt to influence others, both believe they are right all the time, both tend to ignore the opinions of others, both appear to constantly work to a hidden agenda, both appear to think their participation carries some sort of value................................I would imagine both do not realise just how much they have in common.

Neither........... have anything in common with 'the likes' of me......................:D

Edited by 473geo

''A group of 20 red-shirt supporters gathered to protest against Abhisit.''

i would really like to know what would happen if a group of 20 yellow shirts or Thaksin opponents were to protest at Yunglicks rally in Chang Mai?

should we take a poll as to what fate might befall them?

Naaaa, i know already............

so come on red supporters, try to tell me that they would respect the other peoples views, tell me nothing would happen to them if they shouted out at Yunglick?

tell me the reds would respect the democratic view that they claim they do not have now and are so desperate to get?

tell me that any descenting voice upon pain of possible death would dare to even try to disrupt her rally in redhead central..........

no takers?

come on reds, wheres your fighting spirit?

* overly personal and derogatory baiting off-topic comments snipped *

I am not the topic of this thread despite your efforts to make it so.

Please desist.

Moderators don't need to come in and snip yet another thread again, do they?

I hope not.

Why isn't it true?

Congratulations! I always wanted to become a doctor and then became a teacher. Ever heard of Mark Knopfler? :jap:

Congratulations, you've managed to further confuse me as if I wasn't totally baffled before!!!

Of course I know who Mark Knopfler is otherwise I'd be in Dire Straits wouldn't I. Still don't know why he has popped into the conversation though unless Thaksin has changed his mind about his sister being number 1 on the list and opted for Mark instead!!

* overly personal and derogatory baiting off-topic comments snipped *

I am not the topic of this thread despite your efforts to make it so.

Please desist.

Moderators don't need to come in and snip yet another thread again, do they?

I hope not.

You like baseball...............then you should learn which ones to let go......

Yingluck said that if her party were elected, she would revoke the system of selling eggs by weight. However, she said she would keep the Democrats' good policies.

Abhisit slammed Pheu Thai's policies and said he questioned Yingluck's pledge to push for reconciliation.

:lol:

KunThaskin in disquise,U beaut brother, fork toungue party should do well , the handgranade party should do ok , the scam party, well who cares ,the corrupt party should lead the flock home in a land slide win. Tootoot.:bah:

Edited by chainarong

excerpts from:

Perjury talk deepens uncertainty over Thai poll

a Supreme Court verdict in February last year in which judges froze $1.4 billion of the Shinawatra family's assets, ruling they were accrued illegally during Thaksin's two terms in office from 2001-2006.

The court said Thaksin had concealed ownership of shares in his family telecommunications conglomerate, Shin Corp , which it later sold, and had tailored government policies to benefit the company.

reuterslogo.jpg

-- Reuters 2011-05-20

A distinction however needs to be drawn between schoolboy boorishness and the continuing question of Yingluck's financial record.All candidates for high office should have their record scrutinised and therefore if there has been perjury to the SEC - I have no evidence that there has - then this needs to be clarified.Obviously however all candidates for high office need to be scrutinised equally.But it is entirely appropriate for matters of financial probity to be followed up on.

My guess is that the Democrat strategy for dealing with Yingluk will be that already outlined by Abhisit, particularly as she seems to have struck a favourable chord with the Thai public. Namely....she seems a decent sort but she is surrounded by some very unsavoury types.I suspect this would work for the Dems more effectively than direct attacks on the lady herself

Edited by Rimmer
Inflamatory and Unnecessary text removed,

excerpts from:

a Supreme Court verdict in February last year in which judges froze $1.4 billion of the Shinawatra family's assets, ruling they were accrued illegally during Thaksin's two terms in office from 2001-2006.

The court said Thaksin had concealed ownership of shares in his family telecommunications conglomerate, Shin Corp , which it later sold, and had tailored government policies to benefit the company.

reuterslogo.jpg

-- Reuters 2011-05-20

I have taken this this member to task in the past

which resulted in...

Jayboy, you aren't a moderator, so stick to discussing the issues and leave the modding to us.

excerpts from:

reuterslogo.jpg

-- Reuters 2011-05-20

I have taken this this member to task in the past for puerile and sexist attacks on Khun Yingluck, and will continue to monitor this aspect.No offences recently so perhaps he has learnt his lesson.

A distinction however needs to be drawn between schoolboy boorishness and the continuing question of Yingluck's financial record.All candidates for high office should have their record scrutinised and therefore if there has been perjury to the SEC - I have no evidence that there has - then this needs to be clarified.Obviously however all candidates for high office need to be scrutinised equally.But it is entirely appropriate for matters of financial probity to be followed up on.

My guess is that the Democrat strategy for dealing with Yingluk will be that already outlined by Abhisit, particularly as she seems to have struck a favourable chord with the Thai public. Namely....she seems a decent sort but she is surrounded by some very unsavoury types.I suspect this would work for the Dems more effectively than direct attacks on the lady herself

wow you have a very inflated opinion of your own importance

you have already been told by cdnvic that you are not a moderator and to cease and desist acting like one

snapback.pngcdnvic, on 2011-05-18 08:58:41, said:

Jayboy, you aren't a moderator, so stick to discussing the issues and leave the modding to us.

the way you follow buchholz around scrutinizing his posts is verging on cyber stalking

as an aside its simply boring to be an observer to this repetitive, boorish nonsense that you spout

we get it , you like yunglick and almost obsessively it seems you are ready to throw down the gauntlet to any who don't like her

this is reminiscant of a typical red bully who does not allow any descenting voices

well ayboy, i don't like her, her last name is repulsive enough for me

Edited by Rimmer
Provocation

KunThaskin in disquise,U beaut brother, fork toungue party should do well , the handgranade party should do ok , the scam party, well who cares ,the corrupt party should lead the flock home in a land slide win. Tootoot.:bah:

Where is the disguise part?

Rapturous throwback?

Got it in one - didn't qualify for the rapture.Had a good laugh at those losers who thought the world was ending today.

But what are those four horsemen doing outside my window?

We don't usually agree but I sense you are one of the relatively few who know when the tongue is firmly in the cheek.

Posts edited and some posts removed from view, please stop this silly bickering.

FURTHER posts removed, For information it is easy to identify a moderator they have the word Global Moderator under the avatar in red. Further attempts to play the moderator will be met with a posting suspension.

Democrat: Pheu Thai must show budget for Red Shirt rally

BANGKOK, 22 May 2011 (NNT)-The Democrat Party is calling on the Election Commission to enforce electoral law on the Red Shirt rally while demanding that Pheu Thai is keeping records of their expenses as proof as over 20 Red Shirt core leaders reportedly have applied for Constituency MPs.

Deputy Democrat Spokersperson MD Warong Dejkitwikrom explained that since there now existed a solid link between Pheu Thai and the anti-government group, he cited the need for the Opposition to produce an expense statement not only when there is a political campaign but also each time the Red Shirt holds a rally.

Meanwhile, another Deputy Spokesperson Ms. Karndee Leawpairot said the campaign in Siam square today was focused on new generation with policies on rooting out narcotics, teen pregnancy, violence, education, 3G technology and establishing grounds for Thai youth to engage in recreational activities.

nntlogo.jpg

-- NNT 2011-05-22 footer_n.gif

Yingluck is an accomplished business woman, very formidable and has the support of her family As a foreigner however, I wonder why Thailand is holding an election, Thaksin, undoubtedly, whatever he was alledged to have done, did more for the poor than anyone else in recent years apart of course from the ongoing work carried out by the Charity run by His Royal Higness The King of Thailand. Thaksin was elected and had a mandate with a real majority. Let us hope that Thaksin, who I have had the great pleasure to meet in the UK during his time invloved in English Football, Helps Yingluck in any way he can. Stability is important but the real benefit to the election is that the rightful person, according to the great people of Thailand wil form the next government, I do hope it is the party who wins the most seats. Good Luck Ms Shinawatra