Bowling Lessons

ollylama

The term "properly" give raise to a question or three. You mean like the beer drinking, loud, animated groups or the ladies who put on the fashion/accessory show.

Sorry I can not be of more help as I have not noticed any blowing pro's at the bowling ally, but then I was not looking for them. Golf, snooker/pool hustlers/teachers are easy to find. Just venture out and look for a money game and then mimic their style.

Sorry I can not be of more help as I have not noticed any blowing pro's at the bowling ally, but then I was not looking for them.

laugh.gif

Funny what you get when you switch the "L" for an "O" isn't it. And, especially so in the context of what was typed. :lol:

The basics of bowling are fairly simple and easy to learn. What makes the difficulty is consistancy. Bowling is done by taking three steps, with the ball being swung back on the first step and brought forward and released on the third step. The lead step being the opposite foot to the hand holding the ball. It is all a sense of good rhythm like most other sports. After that it is just lots of practise. Just sit and watch other bowlers until you get the idea. Some people catch on quickly and others take a long time to learn. Putting spin on the ball is only done after you learn the basics.

Sorry I can not be of more help as I have not noticed any blowing pro's at the bowling ally, but then I was not looking for them.

laugh.gif

Funny what you get when you switch the "L" for an "O" isn't it. And, especially so in the context of what was typed. :lol:

The basics of bowling are fairly simple and easy to learn. What makes the difficulty is consistancy. Bowling is done by taking three steps, with the ball being swung back on the first step and brought forward and released on the third step. The lead step being the opposite foot to the hand holding the ball. It is all a sense of good rhythm like most other sports. After that it is just lots of practise. Just sit and watch other bowlers until you get the idea. Some people catch on quickly and others take a long time to learn. Putting spin on the ball is only done after you learn the basics.

This may well work for a spin bowler, but a fast bowler will want a 20 to 30 pace run up. Try Gymkhana for lessons.

Iain

I took my thai gf bowling and gave her the basics and she won first game, couldn't belive it...then after seeing her first couple shots game 1 for fun I said "get a strike and I will give you 500 baht" of course her only strike of the night came right then :blink:

Basics: 1. Have a ball that feels right, like when you try on the right size shoe. Put your fingers in a few;)

2. Line up your feet on the arrows on lane...I'm right handed so I line up 1 arrow right of center

3. Aim for the center pin or the arrows they have down the lane.

4. Follow through...think a basketball player shotting a jumper or a golfer....follow through

if this doesnt work, more beer

I had my best game ever here in CM and threw a fricking gutter ball on my last shot....I wasn't focused and could have had 190+...oh well it was still fun but I bowl like 3 times a decade...haha

slightly on topic, but where is a good bowling alley in chiang mai?

Chiangmai Bowl on the moat almost opposite computer plaza ,Kad Suan Kaew top floor, UFO on the Saraphi road, just past Miguels.

Chiang Mai bowl is the best in my opinion but others may disagree.

I went bowling and a party broke out. I"m not sure if we bowled more or danced more..

Bowling_party_14.jpg

Bowling_party_4.jpg

It's a lot of fun going with friends and I'm not sure if our scores improved or got worse with all the drinking that went on. In any case it certainly wasn't something that would happen in North America.

Bowling_party_1.jpg

The Bowling lane was the one at the Kad Suan Kaew plaza and was both clean and had good equipment.