Timber/Veneer Flooring

HowardB

Hi all

I'm thinking of replacing the wood floor in my condo (approx 45m2). Can anyone suggest a place in or around Chiang Mai that has a good range of timber or veneer flooring at reasonable prices. Also I would appreciate names of any people you recommend for installing the floor.

Thanks

Howard

Homepro has laminate wood flooring. The cheapest would be 11K for your size unit, then 80B per square meter for them to install it.

Thanks for the info ... i'll go check them out when i go to Chiang Mai next. Do you know if they keep on stock or if they have to order?

The price of parquet floor size 10x10 cm. is around 190 baht per sqm. but have to pay more for worker (I think around 200-300 baht per sqm.), you can check out the price at wood factories (Parquet Hang dong, Thaweephan on Charoen Muang road, Suksawad factory in Doi Saket, also a wood shop near the corner of Kuang Sing intersection on the left side the way to go to Chiangmai-Lampang super highway ) and mostly they have enough in stock that you do not need to wait for ordering.

About Laminate, try to search chiangmailaminate.com, floordecor.co.th, laminatefloor.co.cc but some is in Thai only.

If you want to replace the floor I think first ask information at the office of the building where you want to do it, some building or condo they have fixed period allow you to work inside your room.

The price of parquet floor size 10x10 cm. is around 190 baht per sqm. but have to pay more for worker (I think around 200-300 baht per sqm.), you can check out the price at wood factories (Parquet Hang dong, Thaweephan on Charoen Muang road, Suksawad factory in Doi Saket, also a wood shop near the corner of Kuang Sing intersection on the left side the way to go to Chiangmai-Lampang super highway ) and mostly they have enough in stock that you do not need to wait for ordering.

About Laminate, try to search chiangmailaminate.com, floordecor.co.th, laminatefloor.co.cc but some is in Thai only.

If you want to replace the floor I think first ask information at the office of the building where you want to do it, some building or condo they have fixed period allow you to work inside your room.

Thanks again for the information. Certainly given me something to think about and research.

Yes i believe there is a period when any restoration work is prohibited.

Howard