Tiger X-Road 250 Arrived

Just had the Tiger X-Road 250 delivered to my house and made the first little testride to the petrol station to fill her up.

The engine was much better responding and giving a fair bit more power then on last Wednesday testride at the factory.

Will go for a bit longer ride now.....

post-48976-0-02924600-1305964825_thumb.j

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks great any info or specs?

Is it "standard" same height as other brands? The perspective oft he photo makes it look smaller / shorter.

Canu give aprice guideline?

Is it "standard" same height as other brands? The perspective oft he photo makes it look smaller / shorter.

It is a bike developed by Sachs, build here in Thailand by Tiger Motorcycles.

It is a 236 cc one cylinder engine which gives around 20 hp.

The size is simular as a D-tracker, only height is lower (seat height as well), 17 inch wheels.

I am 1.89 tall and can get both legs very easy on the ground when i sit on it. Mbox is around 1.75 and can easily sit on the bike with both legs on the ground.

Forgive me for the bad pictures, i am not into making pictures.

Price is 99.000 baht, ordering can be done online through Tigersachsclub.

It is a real nice bike for going around town, and making small trips.

It is a bike developed by Sachs, build here in Thailand by Tiger Motorcycles.

It is a 236 cc one cylinder engine which gives around 20 hp.

The size is simular as a D-tracker, only height is lower (seat height as well), 17 inch wheels.

I am 1.89 tall and can get both legs very easy on the ground when i sit on it. Mbox is around 1.75 and can easily sit on the bike with both legs on the ground.

Forgive me for the bad pictures, i am not into making pictures.

Price is 99.000 baht, ordering can be done online through Tigersachsclub.

It is a real nice bike for going around town, and making small trips.

Thx Alex - really appreciated

I had read the other threads but wished something clearer and more factual

Have a great ride

Congratulations, the bike looks pretty and will be a head turner.

Chris

I would be very worried about the last 2 posts.

One said it would be "nice" to see "you" sitting on the bike the other thought it pretty.

While it is a nice looking bike which I need for off & on road so green book mandatory - Be afaid of those 2- be very afraid and dont turn your back on them!

In the meantime Happy Trails.

Edited by raylo

Congratulations, the bike looks pretty and will be a head turner.

Chris

I would be very worried about the last 2 posts.

One said it would be "nice" to see "you" sitting on the bike the other thought it pretty.

While it is a nice looking bike which I need for off & on road so green book mandatory - Be afaid of those 2- be very afraid and dont turn your back on them!

In the meantime Happy Trails.

After reading my post again it really sounds a little weird,but hey,its not my native tongue!!

The reason why i want to see a picture of the OP sitting on his bike is that he is the same height as me and i just want to see how it fits!

So no need to be afraid!laugh.gif

More photos . . .

Tire size and brand ?

Top speed ?

KM/L

Livablity, Love my D-tracker for 100 Km at a time never over or my but is screaming for mercy

congrats with a stunning bike

I found my D-tracker 250 a bit underpowered, whats the xroad power like?

Okay, i will try to answer some questions.

Since i got the bike yesterday afternoon and just started work again today, i didn't have a chance to go for long rides.

So far i have done only 65 km around town and around the lake here.

Still running the bike in, but i tried a bit more speed and rpm's today when the engine was hot, i got her up to around 120 km/h.

Fuel consumption i don't know now, i filled her up yesterday with 10 liters petrol 91 (no gasohol, i don't like gasohol) and there is plenty left in the tank.

It is only a 236 cc, so the power is around 20 hp, and i got the feeling that there is at least 20 hp coming out of the little engine.

Compared to the D-tracker i think that the X-road is a bit lighter, it feels for sure much lighter then a D-tracker.

Standard the X-road is on IRC tyres, a 140 on the rear and a 110 on the front, both on 17 inch rims (all specs you can find on tigersachsclub.com)

I didn't make any more photo's today, i forgot to charge my camera.

The seat on the bike is wider then a D-tracker seat and i think is much more comfortable.

Brakes are very good for a bike like this, it has a lot of stopping power. Suspension is a bit harder then the D-tracker i think, but it handles all potholes and other bad road conditions very well.

I looked around on the internet for some small modifications, like handguards (with or without blinkers build in), mirrors with blinkers build in, red rim stripes, a different headlight, and other small bits and pieces.

Don't know yet what i will do, but for sure i will modify the X-road a bit in the next months. Pictures will come later this week if i find some time.

After 65 km still very happy with the bike :)

More photos . . .

Tire size and brand ?

Top speed ?

KM/L

Livablity, Love my D-tracker for 100 Km at a time never over or my but is screaming for mercy

:) Only Mod I did to my D Tracker was some handy work to the ECU - A guy in Chiang Mai and 1 hour time did the work and was a wonderful transformation of my D-Tracker with no loss of fuel economy. Wat a fun city and back twisty road bike, but now to do something with that seat . . . There is more info if you look for the thread in here some where

More photos . . .

Tire size and brand ?

Top speed ?

KM/L

:) Only Mod I did to my D Tracker was some handy work to the ECU - A guy in Chiang Mai and 1 hour time did the work and was a wonderful transformation of my D-Tracker with no loss of fuel economy. Wat a fun city and back twisty road bike, but now to do something with that seat . . . There is more info if you look for the thread in here some where

of course it was unrestricted by moving some wires on ECU.;) while restricted it was terrible

• 2 weeks later...

Come on Alex, give us all a heads up on your opinion/rating so far. Waiting with interest.

Sorry Garry, to busy with work at the moment and not have a lot of time, have only done about 100 km so far.

So far the bike is okay, it's a nice ride for the money.

Will post more here with pictures when i have more time (probably in 2,5-3 weeks).

I looked around for some modification parts for the X-road, will most likely change mirrors with build in blinkers, put some red rim striping on it, maybe install some hand guards.

For sure i will change the fuel tank cap, the standard one doesn't have a lock, but found one from Acerbis with a lock which should fit.

Hey Alex!

Some friends and I are thinking of hitting Bira this coming Monday the 6th. Would you care to join us and let us take your new X-Road for a gentle spin?

Beers on me at the Secret Soi afterwards :burp:

Ride On!

Tony

• 3 weeks later...

There is no Tiger dealer in or near Pattaya and I think if you want to try or to see the X-Road you would have to go either to their factory in Samut Prakan or to their showroom in Bangkok.

If you go to the Tiger forum , which is very useful and informative, you can ask for any information you want there.

Tiger Motorcycle dealer in Bangkok.

1865 Phahon Yonthin Road, Chatuchak, Bangkok 10900.

It is a few km north of the Mo Chit BTS station or the Phahon Yonthin MRT station, on Phahon Yonthin Road between Phahon Yonthin soi's 33 and 35. Set back off the road a little, sort of in the parking lot of the big Eagle/Goodyear service center. About 50 baht taxi ride north a couple kilometers from the BTS/MRT, or any bus going north. It's just past the Cineplex there on the left (west) side of Phahon Yonthin Road.

Contact Pariya Manomalphibul, tell him John Fallis sent you. You'll get a free gift and even more if you end up purchasing.

Oh yeah, phone numbers are 0-2511-2270, 0-2511-2471

but you can also get him on his mobile 089-201-8147

John

Someone elsewhere gave the contact details. Thanks for that.

• 2 weeks later...

I too have been waiting for some users review off this bike but it does not seem to be coming this is leading me to think any owners who have this bike don't actually rate it any good ,since obviously if you owned 1 and liked it you would be constantly praising it doesn't seem to be happening here though

I too have been waiting for some users review off this bike but it does not seem to be coming this is leading me to think any owners who have this bike don't actually rate it any good ,since obviously if you owned 1 and liked it you would be constantly praising it doesn't seem to be happening here though

Has it occurred to you that perhaps the reviews are on a different forum? ;)