Tiger X-Road 250 Arrived

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My concern is not so much with the facts but how those who do their best to honestly report their experiences risk being insulted or trashed. But that's the nature of ThVi, too often, as we know.

This i must have overlooked. Normally not my style, but getting more and more used to quick internet reading. Important to know for all who want to start sharing experiences :rolleyes:

Not easy to report honestly about difficult experiences, if you immediatly get insulted or trashed from many sides. But i really hope we can come to better and more helpful ways for all to deal with this. I will try my best from now on :jap:

A translated instruction manual from Asia that is incorrect; that is unusual! (Sorry, can’t find a sarcastic smiley). So someone approaches Tiger and says a friend is having trouble tuning the carb on his X-Road (this ‘friend’ is savvy enough to order a bike from Tiger, but can’t ask them himself for instructions to tune the carb?!). A pdf is sent from Tiger to help them out. I can't remember whether it was the factory or mbox that pointed out the manual is not correct for the production bike. Yet this person then posts the manual on the net and complains about its quality. Sounds like they either have a few roos loose in the top paddock or have an axe to grind. A pity mbox trashed the topic on the tigersachs forum, as would have shown what was actually said, but the last time i looked the topic was consistently being targeted by 2 belligerent people so no wonder he got rid of it. Actually, i think that is the first time he has done that. Seems the same has happened on this thread.

Anyway, concerns of a crappy manual is clouding the real issue of quality of the actual bike.

We are basing our opinion on a total sample of 2! Statistically that sucks big time. We know that one person got a lemon and another got a good one. I don’t know how many X-Roads have been sold but either there are a lot of people that are unhappy about their X-Road and not saying anything, or a lot of people that are satisfied and not saying anything. Personally I want to hear from a few more owners (as opposed to the usual suspects that are vocal, including myself, that don’t have one!) before I can make a more informed opinion.

It is obvious there is a QC problem with Tiger, but I hope they are sorting that out as I think it is great to have a niche bike maker in Thailand.

A translated instruction manual from Asia that is incorrect; that is unusual! (Sorry, can't find a sarcastic smiley). So someone approaches Tiger and says a friend is having trouble tuning the carb on his X-Road (this 'friend' is savvy enough to order a bike from Tiger, but can't ask them himself for instructions to tune the carb?!). A pdf is sent from Tiger to help them out. I can't remember whether it was the factory or mbox that pointed out the manual is not correct for the production bike. Yet this person then posts the manual on the net and complains about its quality. Sounds like they either have a few roos loose in the top paddock or have an axe to grind. A pity mbox trashed the topic on the tigersachs forum, as would have shown what was actually said, but the last time i looked the topic was consistently being targeted by 2 belligerent people so no wonder he got rid of it. Actually, i think that is the first time he has done that. Seems the same has happened on this thread.

Anyway, concerns of a crappy manual is clouding the real issue of quality of the actual bike.

We are basing our opinion on a total sample of 2! Statistically that sucks big time. We know that one person got a lemon and another got a good one. I don't know how many X-Roads have been sold but either there are a lot of people that are unhappy about their X-Road and not saying anything, or a lot of people that are satisfied and not saying anything. Personally I want to hear from a few more owners (as opposed to the usual suspects that are vocal, including myself, that don't have one!) before I can make a more informed opinion.

It is obvious there is a QC problem with Tiger, but I hope they are sorting that out as I think it is great to have a niche bike maker in Thailand.

Thanks sharing your view on it. Allways a pleasure to read what you guys have to say. I will sure react on this but i will not let get provoking into my heart any more. This are just some motorbikes people want to talk about, do you not get it?

Officially Tiger had 10 Tiger X-road 250 motorcycles, from somebody I hear that only 5 are sold – but lets keep focused on 10 motorcycles that is 20 percent unhappy customers.

Comparing the quality of the X-Road 250 with anything on the market you would find that even the average Platinum motorcycle buyer rides longer happy on its motorcycle.

And the talk about the owners manual is not serious, I can even understand that the manual was not 100% finished... BUT CRACKS in THE FRONT FORK? And a brand new motorcycle which cannot follow a straight line...? - with an answer from Tiger that the X-Road cannot follow a straight line because of the location of the shock... and I think I forget a few more points... anyway it's absolutely not acceptable.

And the talk about the owners manual is not serious, I can even understand that the manual was not 100% finished...

I agree, the manual itself (or errors in it) is not that much important. But the lack of any manual is an additional indicator for how serious Tiger is taking the job to produce and sell 250cc motorbikes.

As for myself I really like the look and price of this bike however with the current reviews I have been slightly put of and certainly wouldn't buy one without a good couple of hours test ride and since I think you can only test ride the bike in Bangkok and I don't live or go to Bangkok I can't see myself getting one

Edited by katabeachbum
off topic removed

It has already been pointed out that the basis for these considerations is statistically so small as to be useless. One chap's experiences as reported (mine, let's say) should be regarded as somewhat interesting, but in no way conclusive. Indeed, those of us who have problems will post them; buyers who are happy are off riding.

It may seem that mbox, to name a name, has a conflict as webmaster and sales agent for the factory. An alternative theory would be that he is principally an honest man who tries to help everyone and whose efforts do not financially pay for his dedication so much that he would slight anyone. That happens to be my view, and I have followed the forums for 1.5 years, missing nothing.

I pestered this very forum with news of a number of problems - which could have been seen as slights to the company - about my Boxer, and mbox was nothing but supportive and helpful. (Two old timers on these pages, however, feeling perhaps that I was exaggerating, a lier, or at least a newbie, posted personal insults.) Moreover, all communications from me to the factory went on to the factory exactly as expressed; I found no missing links. I realized later that I was in fact troubling mbox, beyond the smooth motions of the sale, when I might have easily contacted Pariya directly. No indirect 3 way communication can be as accurate as a direct one, but I knew mbox from the sale. That is, I trusted him then as now. But I did not know at that time as a certainty of the support delivered, and in any case I (Me!) was annoyed and made subject to considerable bother, so I posted away. All this was further complicated by a service agency since replaced.

Again, this is just one experience and thus is statistically useless for fact-finding. And to figure facts as a percent on a basis of five is nonsense too.

wantan, there has been (by someone else!) what I see as a concerted attack recently upon Tiger lately, using dated information of a vague nature. You may be the subject of suspicion for that reason. Having threads ended or canceled feels insulting, of course, but mai bpen rai is the proper state of being for lesser matters. My integrity has nothing to do with those who spend lives being suspicious or angry. mbox just ain't one of them

As for myself I really like the look and price of this bike however with the current reviews I have been slightly put of and certainly wouldn't buy one without a good couple of hours test ride and since I think you can only test ride the bike in Bangkok and I don't live or go to Bangkok I can't see myself getting one

Hmm...ever try and get a couple hours test ride on any dealer's bikes?

I'm deadly serious. Walk into your local Honda, Kawi, Suzuki, or Yamaha and try and get a couple hour test ride on their bike(s). After you pick up the laughing sales girl from the floor, appreciate the fact that Tiger does allow people test rides if they go to the main factory.

I'm deadly serious. Walk into your local Honda, Kawi, Suzuki, or Yamaha and try and get a couple hour test ride on their bike(s). After you pick up the laughing sales girl from the floor, appreciate the fact that Tiger does allow people test rides if they go to the main factory.

I realise couple of hours is asking alot but in the uk they do have demo bikes and 1 hour test ride is easily possible however tit and it's a different set of rules ,depends how much company wants sales really especially on a new model bike.

Taninthai.. i managed to get a test ride on the Honda cbr250r BUT only because my gf's sister is the gf/gik of the manager of the Honda dealer and basically she refused giving him BJ's until i could get a test ride........

Bur when i wanted to test ride the Tiger 250rs all i had to do was send Khun Pariya (Tiger) an Email asking...Big difference...............thankfully :D:D

I realise couple of hours is asking alot but in the uk they do have demo bikes and 1 hour test ride is easily possible however tit and it's a different set of rules ,depends how much company wants sales really especially on a new model bike.

kwaker phuket has most models for test ride, even a slow seller like vulcan

A one hour testride may be enough to get a feeling for the bike and how it handles in general. But than it has to be sure, that the bike that will be delivered to the customer will be exactly the same than the test bike in all its technical details and in the quality of parts and assembling. For this all assembled bikes must fulfill a standard level of quality that can not fall below a certain limit. And for this you need a strict quality control management. And of course you would need service centers where bikes are provided for testrides. I doubt this all will be praticable in the near future. But i would be happy if it would as i am a Tiger fan. I am hoping Tiger will react and tell us soon what they plan to do when the next X-ROADs are available.

it reminded me of something the chineese lob out.....

That shouldn't be too much of a surprise as apparently the bike is "made" (as in manufactured) in China and the parts and sub-assemblies are then assembled in Thailand by Tiger.

What I still can't understand is why if there are "teething problems" they have only shown up now as the supposedly identical bike has been available in Europe and Australia for some time.

Edited by LeCharivari

it reminded me of something the chineese lob out.....

That shouldn't be too much of a surprise as apparently the bike is "made" (as in manufactured) in China and the parts and sub-assemblies are then assembled in Thailand by Tiger.

What I still can't understand is why if there are "teething problems" they have only shown up now as the supposedly identical bike has been available in Europe and Australia for some time.

I think one of the problems is that this thread is effectively about one bike, The 1st one that Tiger assembled. The fact that it had some problems is just plain stupid and shows some laziness in Tigers QC (or pressure to release it before it was ready)

BUT i believe 9 more were sold and i know one person who is enjoying his with no problems.

Sorry to say, but as I understand it, this motorcycle is owned by the guy who sold Tiger Motorcycles. It's for me no surprise that the bike has done 1700 km without problems.

Still on the pictures you can see evidence that the bike is poorly assembled, for instance why is the cable for the electronics from the dash/console being twisted around the front brake hydraulic cable? In time that will wear on the electronic cable's isolation and resolve in electronic problems.

post-135512-0-95861300-1311746063_thumb.

Sorry to say, but as I understand it, this motorcycle is owned by the guy who sold Tiger Motorcycles. It's for me no surprise that the bike has done 1700 km without problems.

Still on the pictures you can see evidence that the bike is poorly assembled, for instance why is the cable for the electronics from the dash/console being twisted around the front brake hydraulic cable? In time that will wear on the electronic cable's isolation and resolve in electronic problems.

Seriously?

If you've been reading the forum you keep alluding to, you would have known that the owner (who if I understand correctly has receieved 0 satang for connecting people with Tiger!) had the bike blessed by the monk. Regardless of what you think of this practice, it definitely explains the RIBBON that you helpfully pointed out.

Seriously?

If you've been reading the forum you keep alluding to, you would have known that the owner (who if I understand correctly has receieved 0 satang for connecting people with Tiger!) had the bike blessed by the monk. Regardless of what you think of this practice, it definitely explains the RIBBON that you helpfully pointed out.

I didn't know, I not even considered, that the motorcycle was maybe been blessed by a Buddhist ritual. I'm sorry for bringing it up.

Actually, those colored ropes are what hold the front end to the rest of the bike :cheesy:.

I just couldn't resist trying to add in some humor guys :wai:.

I agree with ThaiCBR they probably assembled the first bike in a hurry, and it hurt the manufacturers image a lot.

A friend in Australia rides an XRoad (not by Tiger) and he told me he hasn't experienced any problems so far.

Would love to see that modded XRoad, can anyone post those pics for everyone else to see, please?

Edited by RED21

Are you for real?!?! Since when is a Buddhist ribbon "evidence" of poor assembly?! Sure your name's not Richard??? :bah:

I think the frame looks really good - electric/fluorescent green or pink may look good too or how about glow-in-the-dark paint. :D Also, I prefer the naked look of this bike to the D-Tracker. Was considering buying one at one stage but have put that on hold, until other obligations are cleared. Any way, by that time a few more will have passed through Tiger's doors and, hopefully, all exisiting problems cleared.

• 2 months later...

Actually, those colored ropes are what hold the front end to the rest of the bike :cheesy:.

I agree with ThaiCBR they probably assembled the first bike in a hurry, and it hurt the manufacturers image a lot.

A friend in Australia rides an XRoad (not by Tiger) and he told me he hasn't experienced any problems so far.

Would love to see that modded XRoad, can anyone post those pics for everyone else to see, please?

Some sanuk is sure what this topic needs :)

But seriously. Tiger still promotes the X-Road officially on their website. But "inofficially" (in an other Tiger related forum) they give information that "the x-road ckd (complete knock down) kit is not as good as expected and the Chinese Manufacturer is unwilling to raise the quality standard".

So i ask myself if we ever will see (more) Tiger X-Roads on the streets in Thailand. For me it looks just like a very clumsy marketing. Learning from mistakes and do it better next time should be the right way.

But seriously. Tiger still promotes the X-Road officially on their website. But "inofficially" (in an other Tiger related forum) they give information that "the x-road ckd (complete knock down) kit is not as good as expected and the Chinese Manufacturer is unwilling to raise the quality standard".

So i ask myself if we ever will see (more) Tiger X-Roads on the streets in Thailand. For me it looks just like a very clumsy marketing. Learning from mistakes and do it better next time should be the right way.

Why O WHY are you resurrecting a 4 month old post with drivel... really are you that bored?

I would have thought the fact that they suspended X-road sales and went back to the Chinese CKD suppliers is exactly the correct thing to do.

Why O WHY are you resurrecting a 4 month old post with drivel... really are you that bored?

I would have thought the fact that they suspended X-road sales and went back to the Chinese CKD suppliers is exactly the correct thing to do.

And??? Who of us is posting drivel? If Tiger does not give information about availability of their bikes someone else has to do it. I guess there are many people calling Tiger and asking when they can buy some of their nice looking X-Roads. Why do you guys always get so agressive if topic is about Tiger bikes?