Easiest Path To New Immigrations Office

wpcoe

I apparently need to report to the Hua Hin Immigrations office that I have changed residence from Pattaya to here. Based on the ThaiVisa map I can see that the office is on the other side of the train tracks roughly opposite Soi 14. However on that Google Map, it doesn't look like Sois 12, 14, or 16 cross the tracks. If I'm taking a bus up Petchkasem, at which soi should I get off? I probably will take a moto-sai taxi the first time just to see exactly where it is, but which is the closest?

Do I recall correctly that I read someplace that Hua Hin Immigrations expects new residents to report within 24 hours of their moving here? If so, I'm a bit late, and wonder what the consequences of a late change-of-address filing will be. :unsure:

Good report to read!

Especially as my intended trip to Immigrations today was scrapped. A few days ago I aggravated an old back injury, and last night fell asleep on the couch in a rather unergonomic position and today am in considerable pain. I *do* want to try reporting to Hua Hin Immigrations soon, and surely hope the only reaction is the bemusement of the officers there.

Good report to read!

Especially as my intended trip to Immigrations today was scrapped. A few days ago I aggravated an old back injury, and last night fell asleep on the couch in a rather unergonomic position and today am in considerable pain. I *do* want to try reporting to Hua Hin Immigrations soon, and surely hope the only reaction is the bemusement of the officers there.

You should have an extra 7 days before or 7 days after of your 90 days to report your current address

Edited by phillies

I was on Petchkasem road yesterday, and I looked more attentively: you can also take soi 6, a few meters after the College, the road is better with good signs ; coming from hua hin, it's maybe 100 meters after soi 10, on the left, it's the road I took last time

Thanks for all the input. I made the trek today, and the visit to Immigrations is covered in another forum section.

When I got off the song thaew at Soi 10, there were no moto-sai taxis there. I waited for about ten minutes, then decided to walk. Someplace I read it was 500m, but it must be closer to 1 km, as it took me 15 minutes to limp there. I'm recovering from a recent back injury and it was a challenge, especially in the heat. Thankfully it was partly cloudy at that time.

A fellow in passing one day while I was out drinking said he had taken a moto-sai taxi from Phetkasem Road to Immigrations, and was even joking that Immigrations must have made a deal with the taxi guys to make their new office at a rather inaccessible location. I wonder if some times the moto-sai guys are at Soi 10? If not, I guess I need to commandeer an moto-sai taxi all the way from Soi 80 where I live.

If you don't have your own car/bike, how do you get to Immigrations?

I was on Petchkasem road yesterday, and I looked more attentively: you can also take soi 6, a few meters after the College, the road is better with good signs ; coming from hua hin, it's maybe 100 meters after soi 10, on the left, it's the road I took last time

Google Earth doesn't show Soi 6 going across the train tracks, but it's dated January 2008, so the soi could have been extended by now.

Although it's a bit farther from Soi 6 to Immigrations (compared to Soi 10), I would consider it if there were moto-sai taxi guys at the mouth of Soi 6.