Suthep Warns Red Shirts To Stop Disturbing Democrats Election Campaign

Lite Beer

Suthep warns Red Shirts to stop disturbing Democrats election campaign

By Sodchuen Limkriangkrai.

BANGKOK, 22 MAY 2011 (NNT) - Democrat Secretary-General Suthep Thuagsuban said he is not worried about red shirts trying to stir up a disturbance while the Democrat party is campaigning as it would affect the image of Pheu Thai party instead. He added that there will be no change of election campaign plan.

Democrat Secretary-General Suthep Thuangsuban said if the Red shirts continue to cause trouble or create any disturbance to any political party during the election campaign, Pheu Thai party image will instead be affected as many of the Red Shirt leaders are registered as an MP candidate in the Phue Thai party.

Speaking of democracy, Mr. Suthep said these types of actions are unacceptable, instead all parties should be able to campaign freely without any restrictions, disturbance or threats.

Furthermore, Mr. Suthep added that the Democrat party is not in need of changes in the election campaign plan but will continue their original plan for the people.

nntlogo.jpg

-- NNT 2011-05-22 footer_n.gif

Natthawut calls on red shirts to stop disrupting Abhisit's election rallies

By The Nation.

Natthawut Saikua, a red-shirt leader and Pheu Thai party-list candidate, Sunday called on red-shirt people to stop trying to disrupt the election campaigns of Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva.

Natthawut said he had called Thida Thavornset, the chairwoman of the Democratic Alliance Against Dictatorship, asking her to tell red-shirt people to stop hounding Abhisits' rallies.

"I would like all the red-shirt people to stop hounding Abhisit," Natthawut said.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2011-05-22

Democrat Secretary-General Suthep Thuagsuban said he is not worried about red shirts trying to stir up a disturbance while the Democrat party is campaigning as it would affect the image of Pheu Thai party instead

So if Suthep warns the red shirt to stop disturbing the Democrats Campaign, does that mean the Red should not disturb the Democrats or does that mean the Red should not stop to disturb the Democrats? :unsure:

Democrat Secretary-General Suthep Thuagsuban said he is not worried about red shirts trying to stir up a disturbance while the Democrat party is campaigning as it would affect the image of Pheu Thai party instead

So if Suthep warns the red shirt to stop disturbing the Democrats Campaign, does that mean the Red should not disturb the Democrats or does that mean the Red should not stop to disturb the Democrats? :unsure:

Errrrr No..... Errrr Yes.....Errrrrrrr. TIT

jb1

Natthawut calls on red shirts to stop disrupting Abhisit's election rallies

By The Nation.

Natthawut Saikua, a red-shirt leader and Pheu Thai party-list candidate, Sunday called on red-shirt people to stop trying to disrupt the election campaigns of Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva.

Natthawut said he had called Thida Thavornset, the chairwoman of the Democratic Alliance Against Dictatorship, asking her to tell red-shirt people to stop hounding Abhisits' rallies.

"I would like all the red-shirt people to stop hounding Abhisit," Natthawut said.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2011-05-22

thats no surprise

it must be a problem for the reds that after 2 years in government the only thing that a red shirted woman could think of to scream at Abhisist the other day, was that she has only received 360 baht from the government for her daughters school uniform and it actually cost 400 baht

she was screaming because she had to find 40 baht for her daughter all by herself

Man that must be embarrassing for the reds.............

The Red Thugs are around my area in Sub Central Thailand, some engaged in activities without the shirts . Fact is they are one in the same as Peau Thai, and with Ying Luck telling her supporters they will issue an amnesty, (Just for her Sibling and other Law breakers) having to pass new laws to do this no doubt.

Just imagine if that actually happened

As I have said before the flames of thailand are only small at the moment, how big they get (as they surely will) one can only surmise.

thats no surprise

it must be a problem for the reds that after 2 years in government the only thing that a red shirted woman could think of to scream at Abhisist the other day, was that she has only received 360 baht from the government for her daughters school uniform and it actually cost 400 baht

she was screaming because she had to find 40 baht for her daughter all by herself

If the Democrats call this 360 Baht - *15 years of free education* I can understand if someone heckles Abisit if he comes up with that "for free" story again.

Even childless members of the expat family man community should understand this.

Edited by samurai

Of course M/S Shinny is offering no end of goodies to the faithful in CM.,

1)We'll root them(drugs) out from society in 12 months.

2)Increase the village fund to two million baht for each village

O and the most important, mustn't forget

3)an amnesty for Thaksin, whose government was overturned by the 2006 coup(since when there has been an election), and who fled overseas after he was convicted of political corruption.

So We Expats "Childless" or with children know how Peau Thai operate with the RED masters.

Edited by KKvampire

Of course M/S Shinny is offering no end of goodies to the faithful in CM.,

1)We'll root them(drugs) out from society in 12 months.

2)Increase the village fund to two million baht for each village

O and the most important, mustn't forget

3)an amnesty for Thaksin, whose government was overturned by the 2006 coup(since when there has been an election), and who fled overseas after he was convicted of political corruption.

So We Expats "Childless" or with children know how Peau Thai operate with the RED masters.

Wasn't Thaksin convicted for conflict of interest? Which isn't necessarily the same as corruption.

thats no surprise

If the Democrats call this 360 Baht - *15 years of free education* I can understand if someone heckles Abisit if he comes up with that "for free" story again.

Even childless members of the expat family man community should understand this.

A bit off topic, but ...

So the questions now are:

1. What was included in the 12-year free education ?

2. What is included in the 15-year free education ?

3. What is the difference in quality and quantity of possible additional costs?

Personally I would expect 'free' to mean 'no school fee', possibly 'books provided'. As for 'school uniform', 'paper/pencil', etc., no idea.

thats no surprise

A bit off topic, but ...

Personally I would expect 'free' to mean 'no school fee', possibly 'books provided'. As for 'school uniform', 'paper/pencil', etc., no idea.

Incidentally, Dr Weng made an issue of school uniforms during this interview: http://absolutelybangkok.com/dr-weng-talks-no-thaksin-protector/ - seems to be a big concern for red shirts then!

thats no surprise

i fail to understand it

this 40 baht shortfall and those who try to defend it are just nit picking

there are hundreds of thousands of poor Thais who have benefited from free government help with their children's education and you think its ok to whinge over 40 baht

surely you have more ammo to fire at Abhisit than that?

maybe that's a poor choice of words............unless you a red

thats no surprise

Multiply that by at least 5 per child as it seems that the schools have a different uniform for each day of the week! Last year, the uniform on one day was a pink polo shirt and blue tracksuit trousers, this year the polo shirt is orange and white! The lady has a point, even if some people are too blind to see it.

I think it may allow for a more even playing field having the red leaders needing to tone down their 'mia shock troops' to an Election Commission acceptable level. So maybe this is a good development, though it is rather Twilght Zone to see Nuttawat and Suthep saying the same things at the same time....

When PPP was trying to pardon Thaksin in 2008, they were trying to amend the constitution to their job at hand. Simple changing of laws was not deemed enough.

In an effort to stop the constitutional rewrite, PAD came to Parliament House, and all hell broke loose. Which caused a shock hardening of PAD attitudes after the deaths and dismemberments and craziness from BOTH sides in the made for TV screen repetition debacle. This lead to the taking of Government house compound and then the airports.

But the main turning point was clearly Oct 7ths street battle and those deadly grenades.

Attacks on PAD seemed to continue with grenades as SOP for their opposition and continued right through till last fall. When silence fell, seemingly like magic, or USA intervention behind the scenes.

One can assume that the same extra constitutional changes would be needed and a similar trajectory of hate and terror will be in the cards, but this time with the Red leaders INSIDE the government, when they let the dogs of war off the leash to counter act protests, it will truly look like a government sponsored action....

They were invited into a constitutional amendment process last year, and refused repeatedly, only to go for the street riot approach. So how will this NEW attempt at THEIR unilateral rewrite to free Thaksin from any sense of obligation and responsibility play out? Well they have tied the street riot leaders directly to PTP party list, there can no longer be wiggle room to deny culpability in the publics eyes if they are let off the leash one more time.

Edited by animatic

thats no surprise

i fail to understand it

there are hundreds of thousands of poor Thais who have benefited from free government help with their children's education and you think its ok to whinge over 40 baht

*15 years of free education* is a myth and it don't cost just 40 baht more.

Maybe you don't understand this because you are not part of the * expat family man community*, but belong to another subgroup of expats.

thats no surprise

A bit off topic, but ...

Incidentally, Dr Weng made an issue of school uniforms during this interview: http://absolutelybangkok.com/dr-weng-talks-no-thaksin-protector/ - seems to be a big concern for red shirts then!

Interesting interview from 2010-04-29. Most prophetic is the end of it when this is remarked

"(BD: Well the only proof if Thaksin is outgrown will be a red election campaign without the playing of the Thaksin card/factor. And, if elected to lead a government, to not only concentrate on attempts to turn back time via legislative means to undo what they consider the work of a junta.)"

thats no surprise

Multiply that by at least 5 per child as it seems that the schools have a different uniform for each day of the week! Last year, the uniform on one day was a pink polo shirt and blue tracksuit trousers, this year the polo shirt is orange and white! The lady has a point, even if some people are too blind to see it.

Exactly. that what I mean.

thats no surprise

i fail to understand it

Maybe you don't understand this because you are not part of the * expat family man community*, but belong to another subgroup of expats.

and what sub group of expats might that be?

that sounds like a thinly veiled insult to me.

are you suggesting having kids makes you better than anyone who hasn't?

please tell me why you think the government should give anything at all, Thailand's not a welfare state yet

previous governments gave nothing, and i can understand with this level of ingratitude from the recipients why they didn't............

Edited by timekeeper

thats no surprise

i fail to understand it

I like how they repeat they want a return to the 30 baht health care scheme...

forgetting that it is NOW free health care... admitting to reality would give the Dems a point so.... pretend it isn't so... pathetic foolishness, really pathetic.

Edited by animatic

thats no surprise

obviously you did not have the verbal dexterity to make the point yourself........

thats no surprise

i fail to understand it

I like how they repeat they want a return to the 30 baht health care scheme...

forgetting that it is NOW free health care... admitting to reality would give the Dems a point so.... pretend it isn't so... pathetic foolishness, really pathetic.

reds should try to recall how Abhisit and Korn , the master bean counters found out that the administration of the 30 baht card scheme was costing more money to administrate than it was making

so they made it free and thus saving millions baht that could be used in actually treating patients rather than spent on admin staff

another shining example of Thaksins business model

make it top heavy with administration so you can quietly cream off 10% for yourself ............

Edited by timekeeper

and what sub group of expats might that be?

that sounds like a thinly veiled insult to me.

are you suggesting having kids makes you better than anyone who hasn't?

please tell me why you think the government should give anything at all, Thailand's not a welfare state yet

previous governments gave nothing, and i can understand with this level of ingratitude from the recipients why they didn't............

Abhist promised 15 years of free education and he also wants turn Thailand into a welfare state.

The *15 years of free eduction* is just a propaganda hoax that doesn't met reality so don't be surprise if someone criticize him for that.

All I am suggesting is that an informed person should be able to understand it and family men definitely should know it. Most people at Thaivisa are informed people and tend to have a family man personality. That why I spoke of the *family man community*. That has nothing to do with being a red shirt.

And you maybe just hate Thaksin, but have no clue what the Democrats are about.

obviously you did not have the verbal dexterity to make the point yourself........

I didn't thought that I have to go so much into the details until the last one understands it too. Some people are lacking abilities and capacities, I didn't expect them to be here at the family man community (and thought they are just a stereotype that didn't not really exist in reality)

Edited by samurai

thats no surprise

are you a complete idiot or just pretending. Education was free until 12 years old but parents had to pay for uniform. The free education has been extended to 15 or is it 16 years and to help the poor this government gives a grant for school uniforms which under Mr t had to be fully paid for. Grow up please.

thats no surprise

are you a complete idiot or just pretending. Education was free until 12 years old but parents had to pay for uniform. The free education has been extended to 15 or is it 16 years and to help the poor this government gives a grant for school uniforms which under Mr t had to be fully paid for. Grow up please.

Abhist promised 15 years of free education and he also wants turn Thailand into a welfare state.

The *15 years of free eduction* is just a propaganda hoax that doesn't met reality so don't be surprise if someone criticize him for that.

All I am suggesting is that an informed person should be able to understand it and family men definitely should know it. Most people at Thaivisa are informed people and tend to have a family man personality. That why I spoke of the *family man community*. That has nothing to do with being a red shirt.

Which is an increase in free education that was available under TRT/PPP .... which cost the common family more than they are having to spend now. MORE is covered and for more years now than before. That won't matter to a paid protagonist (I mean the hecklers when the PM shows up in public ... not anyone here) ... If they can sidetrack the conversation so that Abhisit is always on the defensive even if they are telling lies ... then it is just another example of "real politik" in the fields ... If a connection can be made between these people and the PTP/UDD leadership like nattuwutt it is game over for PTP. Therefore the reds and PTP (as if there is a difference!) must rein in the UDD/DAAD/PTP crowds making for unfair/unsafe campaigning conditions for their opposition. That is, of course, unless the polls take even a slight turn for the worse for the reds ... then they will step up their game to try for any action against them that they can shout "double standards" about. (All the while forgetting that the term "double-standards" was brought into use about Thaksin getting favorable treatment because of his wealth.

thats no surprise

The Democrats *15 years of free education* doesn't mean free education until you are 15 years old. Same as the *12 years of free education* didn't meant free education for kids until they are 12 years old. And *12 years of free education* was not a Mr T. campaign.

I guess you are not pretending to be a complete idiot, but even then you should not call others that.

I didn't thought that I have to go so much into the details until the last one understands it too. Some people are lacking abilities and capacities, I didn't expect them to be here at the family man community (and thought they are just a stereotype that didn't not really exist in reality)

what is a ''family man community'' ?

i looked at all the categories of the TV forum but could not find one even close to resembling that name

i imagine you believe a forum to be a bit like a kindergarten where adults can play and not get their feelings hurt

maybe you should ask George to start one and then you could confine yourself to that area

perhaps its a bit too rough and tumble for you out here in the real world......

Edited by timekeeper

what is a ''family man community''

i looked at all the categories of the TV forum but could not find one resembling that name

i imagine you believe a forum to be a bit like a kindergarten where adults can play and not get their feelings hurt

maybe you should ask George to start one and then you could confine yourself to that area

perhaps its a bit too rough and tumble for you out here in the real world......

The *family man community* is the antipode to the *sexpat community*

Read the comments in this thread

Read what Thai visa members say about themselves, then you will now that most of thaivisa members belong to the family man category.

Which is an increase in free education that was available under TRT/PPP .... which cost the common family more than they are having to spend now. MORE is covered and for more years now than before. That won't matter to a paid protagonist (I mean the hecklers when the PM shows up in public ... not anyone here) ... If they can sidetrack the conversation so that Abhisit is always on the defensive even if they are telling lies ... then it is just another example of "real politik" in the fields ... If a connection can be made between these people and the PTP/UDD leadership like nattuwutt it is game over for PTP. Therefore the reds and PTP (as if there is a difference!) must rein in the UDD/DAAD/PTP crowds making for unfair/unsafe campaigning conditions for their opposition. That is, of course, unless the polls take even a slight turn for the worse for the reds ... then they will step up their game to try for any action against them that they can shout "double standards" about. (All the while forgetting that the term "double-standards" was brought into use about Thaksin getting favorable treatment because of his wealth.

Huh?

Some people consider that *15 years of free education* as a hoax. And if Abhisit goes out to meet and great the constituents, he should be prepared the met someone who tells him what they think about these *15 years of free education* because that is one of the democrats campaign.

If he want met only Democrats supporter he doesn't understand what a meet and great with the constituents means.

Edited by samurai