Blue Book Question

hi there

searched and found a lot on the yellow book but not the blue one. I have lived in my condo for about 3 years and have never done anything about getting my name in the blue book. Is it necessary? I went to do it but all kindsa things are needed such as certified translation of my passport.

Will i need to have my name in the blue book when i sell my condo?

cheers

DM

As a general rule a foreigner cannot get his name in a blue house book; however, he can get his name in a yellow house book.

only foreigners with Permanent Residency are supposed to be allowed to register in Tabien Baan (blue book)

as a replacement, yellow house book is provided for foreigners

most buyers of a property/condo will prefere to recieve a blue book with no registered residents

• 5 months later...
Can a house on land, have a blue book for the Thai nationals and also a yellow book for non Thais?

Yes, I have just done my yellow book for me and put my partner on the blue book, advantages, minimal really, proof of residence is the main one which is needed when buying car or m/b, driving licence and renewal and in Pattaya proof of residence is needed for 90 day report although a utilities bill will suffice for that.

This is a 6 months old thread, but very relevant of the threads I have found.

Can a house on land, have a blue book for the Thai nationals and also a yellow book for non Thais?

In a practical sense, is there any advantage in even having a yellow book?

Thanks.

If the blue book (tabien baan) has any registered residence, they must sign for you every time you need to use tabien baan. if you are in a yellow house book, you never need to present tabien baan

Thanks, so the same house, (not condo) can have both?

A blue book fr the Thai' and a separate Yellow book for me?

Or is it only one per book per house?

A foreigner can get his own yellow house book in addition to the blue house book for Thais registered as living at the same address. Who is the registered owner of the house?

Edited by InterestedObserver

At the moment the house doesn't have blue book, it is not yet completed. The housing approval is in wifes name. There is nothing else on the chanote giving me any rights such as a lease or anything. It is not owned by a company.

I think I have covered all bases, wife owns it.

Interestingly, she did ask for the building permit to be in my name, she was told by staff in the local office that it would be hard to get a blue book for she and the kids and that would make life hard. we did not look into it further, but they have been wrong on some other basic things since, so take that with a grain of salt.

At the moment the house doesn't have blue book, it is not yet completed. The housing approval is in wifes name. There is nothing else on the chanote giving me any rights such as a lease or anything. It is not owned by a company.

Interestingly, she did ask for the building permit to be in my name, she was told by staff in the local office that it would be hard to get a blue book for she and the kids and that would make life hard. we did not look into it further, but they have been wrong on some other basic things since, so take that with a grain of salt.

When the house is nearly completed a blue house book will be issued in wife's name as master of the house. She can then countersign your application for a yellow house book.

When the house is nearly completed a blue house book will be issued in wife's name as master of the house. She can then countersign your application for a yellow house book.

Not correct

when applying for tabien baan (blue book) and approved, its issued without any resident or master of house. If owner allows a resident or master of house (not same code for those 2), they can be registered. If there is none registered, owner countersign application for yellow farang book. If there is a master of house, MH countersigns. Non MH resident does not countersign

for you wife to move to new Tabien baan as resident or MH, she must move from where she presently is registered

whatever this government office told your wife, is plain bullshit