New Yamaha Elegance

CMX

I was interested to hear from an agent at our Yamaha dealer in downtown Chiang Mai that the latest Elegance comes equipped with alloy wheels and that they DO have tubeless tires as standard equipment. Also, still, the Mikuni carburetor. Up here, they had been asking over 60K for alloys, but now for cash will settle for that, or perhaps 200 less, as their advertised price is 60,800. Standard in town includes registration, book, license, and basic ins. from the majors, I believe, for most bikes.

The 135 Spark does have Fi, however, and alloys will be standart, but no tubeless tires seem to be available with it. I know a fellow who has one and he says it is faster than the PCX and downward class. No news there.

Perhaps as an answer to Honda's successes with the Scoopy, Yamaha's new option is still offering the 125cc Mio, still with the same carb., but in this "racing" advertisement:

All three are shown being ridden by drivers in full racing gear in the brochure - Lorenzo is on the cover and his machine on page two - along with their Die cast aluminum cylinder engineering.

Some of the older spoked machines are in stock at lower prices.