Portuguese Arrested For Molesting 13-year-old Boy

george

Warning: Perverts lurk in fitness centers of Five Star Hotels

Portuguese man arrested for allegedly molesting a 13-year-old boy

PATTAYA: -- A 63-year-old Portugese man was arrested after allegations came to light that he had attempted to perform oral sex on a 13-year-old boy and also attempted to force the boy to do the same to him in the steam room at the fitness center of a local luxury hotel in north Pattaya.

Police officers detained the man shortly after receiving the report and an arrest warrant from the local court. Fernando Horacio Coluna from Portugal was arrested as he sat in the hotel’s sauna. He was ordered to get dressed and taken to the police station on Soi 9 for interrogation.

Sixty-three year old Fernando Horacio Coluna from Portugal was arrested for allegedly molesting a 13-year-old boy.

Officers from the special Youth and Women’s unit interviewed the boy, a student from Europe. The boy told police that he was sitting in the steam room when the man entered. The boy alleged that the older man grabbed him and performed forced fellatio and even tried to force him to do the same. The boy struggled and eventually managed to break free from his attacker and ran out to his mother. His mother told reporters that he was in a state of shock and was shaking uncontrollably as he ran out to her for protection. On learning of the crime, the boy’s father rushed to the hotel and then made an official complaint to the police.

At the police station, Coluna denied all allegations saying that he did not perform any of the said acts and asked the boy’s father to drop the charges. The boy’s father refused, stating that he would see the case through to the very end and ensure that the suspect would go to jail for his actions. Coluna even went as low as saying to the father that he had used his son as bait so he could have him arrested.

What irked the father more was that the action taken, or the lack of any, by the management of this first class hotel which was absolutely appalling. "If someone had come into my property and done such a disgusting thing, I would have thrashed him in front of everybody and thrown him out and told him never to show his ugly face here again. Instead the hotel management were trying to keep everything quiet."

He went on to say, "Children all over the world are victimised by such acts and this first class hotel claims to be the crusader against undesirables coming into this country, especially sexually depraved persons, yet did not have the faintest idea what to do nor the expertise, let alone any sensitivity in handling such a situation."

Coluna was charged with deprivation of liberty and carnal knowledge of a minor under 15 years of age. Bail was posted at 100,000 baht.

We would have to think that hotels as classy as this one would never condone such activities. This is a great opportunity for this hotel to show that they truly mean what they say, prosecute this individual and send the message to all pedophiles that this particular hotel is not the safe haven it appears to be. A cover up is not the way to proceed. Expose the matter, teach this person a lesson, and show that the hotel is trying to solve the problem, not be a part of the problem.

We cannot prevent all the bad people from coming to Thailand to commit immoral acts; therefore we must be on high alert and take the proper precautions to prevent any horrible incidents towards our loved ones especially our children. Some things happen unexpectedly and without warning, but being unqualified, unprepared and ignorant is no excuse.

--Pattaya Mail 2003-12-26

I wont say kill the bastard as I am thinking it, obviously should be dealt with with the highest charges - He raped a young man basically, that must be a truly terrible act against a young MAN, i feel sick to the stomach. Do you know what the Hotel is George - I feel for the father as well, poor bugger - I think he handled it quite well from the story. The Hotels name should be given as we can send a few emails regarding this........... very sad indeed!