Live In Khon Kaen But Buy A Versys In Korat Or Bangkok

I'm wondering if I can use a Khon Kaen address to buy a bike in Bangkok or Korat or Chiang Mai even. I don't think the Khon Kaen dealer has the Versys.

I will have a non immigrant multi entry Non-B (I'm gonna get it from siam legal).

Thanks in advance.

ps Any advice on where to buy the bike would be welcome as well!

You can buy a new bike anywhere in TH

If you want Khon Kaen plates, dealer or yourself must register in Khon Kaen. Easy to register yourself as it is a homoleg bike and does not need to be inspected. If so, do not pay registration/plate/tax fee to dealer, have them send docs to you and register yourself. Saves a few hundred baht too

Thanks. That would make it easy, although if I buy it in Bangkok I'd rather not make two trips.

If I don't mind getting Bangkok or Korat plates, can they use my certificate of residency from Khon Kaen immigration with a KK address to register the bike in Bangkok or Korat?

Currently, I'm in Pattaya but since I'm moving to KK don't want to buy from the Pattaya dealer or have Chonburi plates.

I'm wondering if the Bangkok dealer might be able to take a Pataya letter of residency (on my current tourist visa) and register it. In which case, I could not hold out on actually using my Non-B for like another 3 months when my tourist visa expires.

Thanks. That would make it easy, although if I buy it in Bangkok I'd rather not make two trips.

If I don't mind getting Bangkok or Korat plates, can they use my certificate of residency from Khon Kaen immigration with a KK address to register the bike in Bangkok or Korat?

Currently, I'm in Pattaya but since I'm moving to KK don't want to buy from the Pattaya dealer or have Chonburi plates.

I'm wondering if the Bangkok dealer might be able to take a Pataya letter of residency (on my current tourist visa) and register it. In which case, I could not hold out on actually using my Non-B for like another 3 months when my tourist visa expires.

Previously bike had to be registered in Province named in certficate of residence. New rules about change of adress and no need to change plates are introduced, but not sure how each DLT handles it

Anyway, just buy the bike wherever you want, and if they cant register for you, just drop the reg/plate fee and do it yourself. Make sure it is noted in purchase docs, dealer MUST provide you with reg docs within 20 days and MUST refund purchaseamount if they fail to. If not some tend to wait for months...................

The Kawasaki Dealer in Nakhon Sawan has a full inventory -- no waiting. I was there yesterday and he has a ER's of all stripes and a Versys on the floor -- also a lot of accessories. He is on the main drag in Nakhon Sawan. Khun Surasak is a nice guy and speaks enough English. Call him on his mobile: 089-858-5759. You can say John, the Phitsanulok farang with the Er6n sent you.

Also, one trip. When I bought my ER6n from him, I tokk the train down the cash in my pocket and rode home on the motorcycle with a red plate, insurance and receipt. He took care of all the paperwork, and permanent plate with registration and all paperwork came to me in the mail. I then returned the red plate by mail. It was incredibly painless. Khun Surasak took care of everything, including lunch!

Edited by TongueThaied