Visa Turnaround Time In Vientiane, Phnom Penh, Kuala Lumpur And Ho Chi Minh City

My tourist visa expires next week so i have to renew it.

I don't really care where to get my tourist visa as long as the consulate is quick in processing because don't have time to wait 4 days like in Phnom Penh.

What are the processing times for a single entry tourist visa in Kuala lumpur, Vientiane and Ho chi Ming City?

- No visa agent, i want to deal directly with the consulate

- Quick processing

- No proof of onward travel documents. I have to go back home for business somewhere in July but not sure when, so i'm not going to book the ticket yet.

I have extendended my current tourist visa, will that bring me into problems if i just do a 30-day border run by air instead of obtaining a visa from a thai consulate?

I hope to hear some advice.

Vientiane and KL is next working day.

Just leaving and flying back in fo anther 30 days will be fine.

Ok great, thanks for your advice.

However, i read somewhere leaving and coming back wouldn't cut it anymore when an extension is obtained, and one should get a new visa from a thai consulate.

So you are saying that's not true?

Do i have to show onward travel documents back to my homecountry at the consulate in Vientiane?

Do i have to show onward travel documents back to my homecountry at the consulate in Vientiane?

No, they don't require proof of travel. I got my visa in Vientiane on March 30.

In fact when I submitted the application I had a copy of an airplane ticket but the lady there returned it to me without looking at it. She kept only the passport and visa stamp photocopies.

There is no restriction on visa exempt arrival - it is 30 days at an airport or 15 days by land for most such allowed nationalities. It does not matter if you have had a visa or extension of stay.

No, they don't require proof of travel. I got my visa in Vientiane on March 30.

In fact when I submitted the application I had a copy of an airplane ticket but the lady there returned it to me without looking at it. She kept only the passport and visa stamp photocopies.

Good to hear that.

There is no restriction on visa exempt arrival - it is 30 days at an airport or 15 days by land for most such allowed nationalities. It does not matter if you have had a visa or extension of stay.

Great, do you know if it's possible to get an extension of stay on a 30days visa-on-arrival?

In that case i'm just going to fly out and back in the same day, 30 days visa on arrival+30 days extension.

It is a not a visa on arrival (that is another category), it is a visa exempt entry and you cannot extend that one. (Somtimes they will give 7 days maximum if you show a ticket out of the count ry in 7 days).

Only a tourist visa can be extended by 30 days.

As Mario2008 pointed out, the visa can be obtained the "next working day" after the visa application is submitted.

I know that in Vientiane, visa applications should be submitted during the morning; the visa can then be collected the next afternoon.

If you are looking for a quick turnaround, do NOT submit your application on a Friday morning. I stupidly did that once, and had to wait till Monday afternoon to get my passport (and visa) back.

As Mario2008 pointed out, the visa can be obtained the "next working day" after the visa application is submitted.

I know that in Vientiane, visa applications should be submitted during the morning; the visa can then be collected the next afternoon.

If you are looking for a quick turnaround, do NOT submit your application on a Friday morning. I stupidly did that once, and had to wait till Monday afternoon to get my passport (and visa) back.

Vientiane it is then. I'll go on monday or tuesday. The thai airways flight lands 12:55 in VTE, then right away to the consulate for my visa application. I guess i'll be there around 15:00, is that too late? Can i expect my visa in the afternoon the following day?

Yes that is way too late. You have to apply in morning. Take an early flight to Udon and then cross the border at Nong Khai - there is easy transport as Udon is only about 45 minutes from border.