Miracle Man Doctor In Chong Chom....

jasonr3255

Wife took myself, my daughter, her brother and his wife to a very old man on the border of chong chom. Now I'm open to suggestion and the possibility of things we cant explain, but I was amazed this old man who could barely speak Thai and was deaf accurately daignosed my wife's brothers wife@s condition saying she was experiencing severe pain down the left side, she had just been for mri scan for this very problem one day earlier in chiang mai, then he proceeded to tell my wife's brother he has active thyroid which has just been diagnosed at the local hospital. He then told my wife she has stomache problems been suffering for two years, told me I have high colesteral, been diagnosed last year.

Anybody else been to see this guy, oh he gives you a bag of sticks to boil for each ailment. Many have claimed to get well...?

Your Thoughts anybody ???? By the way he did not ask any questions just put this little stone on your arm and started to diagnose !

There are a lot of these all over Thailand. If you believe, they may apparently heal you; what in fact is happening is that you are healing yourself. Not that that matters so long as the healing takes place.

I have seen one of these 'healers' go into a trance, and speak in tongues; then he spoke childish Thai (a Thai friend was with me), and gave his patient a wonderful scenario of why he was suffering. He offered to cure him at a price (not money, but I'm not prepared to say what). The patient refused.

In Isan, the medicine man comes, puts the patient in a trance, and then supposedly 'the evil spirit' goes out of them. The time I saw this, the patient was perfectly well the following day.

"There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy."

I do not believe all this B@llocks.

A good friend of mine wasted a precious 6 months on this mumbo-jumbo and that time MAY(Note:Just may) have saved his life.

Just one thought? Did you book an appointment or walk in off the street?

No seriously, this old guy will not take extra money and will only give you the amount of sticks to boil that you actually need. 100 bht for your medicine, oh he looked at my daughters mosquito bites she had super large bites all over her legs, gave her a small potion to drink and they all dissapeared by the morning. The thing is with this old man there is no speaking in tongues, no rain dance and fortune telling. just holds the little stone over your arm and that's it !

A good friend of mine wasted a precious 6 months on this mumbo-jumbo and that time MAY(Note:Just may) have saved his life.

If you don't believe it, it certainly wouldn't work for you... but that's no reason to call OP a liar.

I wouldn't have used any of these 'medicine men' myself, though!

If you don't believe it, it certainly wouldn't work for you... but that's no reason to call OP a liar.

I wouldn't have used any of these 'medicine men' myself, though!

Lying? The only place in this thread I can see the word "lie" is in your post. And, do not believe in a thing, does not mean that the OP is lying.

No seriously, this old guy will not take extra money and will only give you the amount of sticks to boil that you actually need. 100 bht for your medicine, oh he looked at my daughters mosquito bites she had super large bites all over her legs, gave her a small potion to drink and they all dissapeared by the morning. The thing is with this old man there is no speaking in tongues, no rain dance and fortune telling. just holds the little stone over your arm and that's it !

You are saying you were 'stoned' when you went to see the medicine man? B)

Lying? The only place in this thread I can see the word "lie" is in your post. And, do not believe in a thing, does not mean that the OP is lying.

Thank you, that was not my intention and for your information I have used alternative remedies in Europe but I still

do not believe in this Isaan Woodoo which preys on the uneducated. Wonder why they don't practice in BKK?

Thank you, that was not my intention and for your information I have used alternative remedies in Europe but I still

do not believe in this Isaan Woodoo which preys on the uneducated. Wonder why they don't practice in BKK?

I've also seen people suffer because of these witch doctors, they could have had a proper hospital treatment, but unfortunately there are too many scammers. Try placibo Efekta on an open wound and see if it heals faster. NOPE.

Because the people of Bangkok come all the way to see them.

I absolutely believe in more things between heaven and earth ( although i'm not religious ) . Placebo effect is by far the greatest effect ever , and can cure you even of many hard diseases hard to cure by "normal "medicine . Your body cures the disease , just like we did for millions of years .

Now , do i believe this man , does not matter as long as you believe . I only do not believe alone in what is considered normal medicine . What they say now may be different tommorrow , salt is bad for your bloodpressure and just 1 month ago it just went the opposite ( new research ) . Sure Western medicine is needed and work many times but just say that other techniques do not work is a bit too much .

Seven/eight years ago my mother in law died. Before she died she was in Buri Rum hospital but there was the day that doctors told the family that there is nothing which can be done for her anymore. "Bring her home and let her die in peace...." So we put the old lady on the back of my pick-up truck and brought her home. It was very touching how the family cared for her, but she didn't get better. One morning I was told to bring her to a "mae mot" (witch, wonder healer, etc. ...) together with the close family clan. The scenario was quite bizarr and the predictions seem to have been on the point. The "mae mot" told the family that mother will die next morning at 05.00am and that there is no cure. The family in panic loaded old mother on the truck and we brought her back to Buri Rum hospital. There she was connected to a breathing apparatus. The doctor was informed about the meeting with the "mae mot" by the family and he agreed to let mother stay in hospital this night. Next morning at 05.00am the braething apparatus was switched off by hospital stuff and 15min later we were on our way back home with old mothers dead body in the back. The funeral ceremony started instantly.

What I want to say is that these healers and witches are part of the rural Isaan culture, many people found help from them, others only consult them not to leave something untried and others only believe it when it fits with the personel ideas/wishes. No reason to deny it, no reason to believe it, just accept it, it's part of Isaan.

fatfather