Revolutionary New Way Of Body Disposal

maerim

the only sort of news that the english language newspapers want, is the sort of news that can be obtained with the maximum of ease and the minimum of effort by the hacks that "work" for those rags.

heaven forbid that a "journalist" should have to leave the air-conditioned comfort of the office and actually use his pencil and notebook to get some background to a story.

cut and paste, a monkey could do it.

and probably does.

the only sort of news that the english language newspapers want, is the sort of news that can be obtained with the maximum of ease and the minimum of effort by the hacks that "work" for those rags.

:o Well said - maerim!

Todays paper (with tomorrows news?) has a story on its front page about a man comitting suicide in Tanzania. If they can't get the "news" then they should stick to movie reviews and product write-up's.

It makes one laugh how they "un-noticeably" plug a product 2 pages away from the full-page ad by its producer.

A 25 x 19cm photo of Steve Waugh (BP dated 26 Dec) next to a one column story also lives up to their interpretation of "a picture is worth a thousand words". :D

Now that is some really weird news.

From what I have seen,The really large snakes will only eat things that they have caught live and killed themselves,,At least that is what a very large python that we had in a cage in Nam would do,,once a dead rat was thrown in and it wouldn't eat it,but when a live one was in there is was a real sight to behold and the rat didn't last to long.

As to the news,I do not even bother with the english language papers anymore,,you get no news,only some positive press about Thailand and never anything negative,seems like everyone in Thailand is afraid to print the facts as they are,or maybe nothing is ever done here that would make anyone look bad,,maybe thats the reason.. :o

Guest IT Manager

Not true Kevin. When my snake was ill a couple of years ago, chasing the rats and puppies was too hard for the poor old thing so I whacked them over the head for him. Sometimes they were dead when he got them and he didn't seem to mind.

But that's just what I found and he was fairly lazy. :o

Polly what I should have said is REALLY dead,you know like cold,as one time we caught a real big rat,like a Norwegian wharf rat,about the size of a cat and the rat was tougher than the snake and bit him full of holes,so we reached in with a stick and broke the rats back and he wasn't dead but he could not move and the snake came down from the bracing in the cage top and squeezed him awhile and ate him,I just don't think that they scavenge old dead shit.

Not true Kevin. When my snake was ill a couple of years ago, chasing the rats and puppies was too hard for the poor old thing so I whacked them over the head for him. Sometimes they were dead when he got them and he didn't seem to mind.

But that's just what I found and he was fairly lazy. :o

IT

Puppies - are you winding us up?

Roger

Guest IT Manager

No way..he loved them. They were cheap or we could (and did a few times), breed our own and the soi dogs were wonderful providers as well.

Rats used to cost 25 baht, rabbits about 45 and with one or two a week he was quite expensive. Puppies could be had by setting up a small table out i the soi, putting down a bottle of Mekong, a jug of ice and 3 bottles of water. Add just a small bag of dog food, at 10-15 baht for the cheap one, used to take 5-7 minutes for at least one soi dog to wander up. Puppies would join her. Pick one up so she didn't notice, cuddle it, pop it over the fence to the waiting son (owned the snake), who did the deed. If he was tired, popped it in a cardboard box for me to do it later.

Also invite the neigbours in to drink the Mekong with me.

amai_monty.jpg

iF THE QUESTION IS about ..is it worth being on the newspaper ?

the answer is difinitely NO..... but does it sell ?

YES ........TONS. At least we talk about it now.......

most journalists are usually pursue to write news this way ..

don't you think ?

Like business wires ..bloomberg ..they just organize the information and try to speed up its velocity.... and Thai newspaper is good at making a scandal's velocity high...esp on the front page i guess.......

.ummm but it awfully shows what thai people are like

...as the media reflects our society just like a mirror ..and it seems like Thai media reflect all the gruesomeness that only sells .....

I presume that the only reason they print Press Releases is they will get paid directly from amont of the paper they can sell each day... since the advertising company pays all the printing and sponsors all the new services ... the publisher itself does not get anything at all and that reveals the decline of payment for authors.

They all are muckraking Journalism ..the greater intense of TABLOID...the greater the impact on the perception of those responsible for news selections.

Guest IT Manager

He is a Burmese Gold. Very hungry. Likes swimming and will sit for days in his pond. My son still won't have him in his room so he has to be in mine at night because its too cold.

I was always a leftie, and feeding puppies to snakes is very very green.

IT

Guest IT Manager

That is a Burmese standard. Very beautiful, ready to shed. At that size wonder how often he/she does it. Guess monthly.

Where is jooplo when you find a use for someone?

Guest IT Manager

If he is eating 4 dogs a week, he would be adding measurable kgs each time. Likely 2-3 kgs. The added weight puts pressure on his casing, so his skin loses its' gloss.

The eye glazing is the very last step and occurs within a day or so of the first skin ruptures. Still not sure if it's male or female.

Some threads ago I mentioned finding a 15kg chap in our local restaurant. He was this same snake. Reticulates are very similar colouring but the body patterns dont repeat the same as the Burmese.

Have seen a picture of a 22 footer in Mae Sai and the skin of one which I said at the time was a dry stretch from probably 12-14, it finished at almost 18 feet but an obvious stretch, so I was not certain of the size of the skin before drying. They stretch during the curing process if they are done properly. This one wasn't as it had dried out. If cured properly thay are as smooth and supple as a babys skin.