Are You In Pattaya Much?

billyboy

I had a bank up of annual holidays,and went to Pattaya about 4 times this year so far.

However due to Australias new industrial relations laws i have been asked to take 3 weeks of my annual 6 weeks per year and accept this in cash payment leaving me only 3 weeks a year.We have been told how lucky we are getting 6 weeks when other workers in Australia usually only get 4 weeks and apparently according to our boss,in america they onl get 2 weeks annual leave a year which is bullshit.Could you tell me which country you come from,how many annual leave days/weeks you get to spend in Pattaya.I believe going there at least 5 times per year on average spending 10 days.I dont know if its true that in America you get only 2 weeks .We who would not accept the 3 weeks only holidays were asked to fill out a form to write why and i wrote that Pattaya is more important .

The boss then rang me later asking me "where this pattaya is"?

Those of you aussies who curently get 4 weeks a year will be cut down to 2 weeks or 10 days a year holiday,imagine that ,only 10 days a year in Pattaya!

Even if i get 4 days off after working overtime i head to pattaya for 3 nights.

No one will take this away from me.What is enough? What is too much time going to Thailand? When does it become not normal? Who cares?v I know once a year cant suit me,i would go mad,i must be there at least 4 times a year.

Edited by billyboy

Heading to Pattaya for just three nights at a time doesn't make financial sense for me, unless you are getting the air fare for free.

I can understand you being upset with your annual leave being cut in half. Even though they are paying you for the other half, annual leave should be regarded as a time to relax and recharge your batteries.

My overall average time in Pattaya each trip has dropped over a period of about 20 years, from a stay of 12 weeks then, to 30 days now. I was making three trips per year but now only once per year. Maybe because I now take a piece of Thailand home with me each trip and she lives permanently with me in OZ.

You sound exactly like I was when I first discovered the attractions of Thailand. Over time, it will all become routine and may even become boring.

In the mean time though, make the most of it....or maybe look for another job where the boss doesn't interfere with your annual leave entitlements.

Billyboy, Good to see you back on the boards mate.

I will stand corrected but my understanding is that in America it depends on your length of service with the company you work for. They might start off with 2 weeks anual leave and then after 10 years sevice it goes up to 4 weeks.

The Japanese i believe get 1 week.

I had a bank up of annual holidays,and went to Pattaya about 4 times this year so far.

However due to Australias new industrial relations laws i have been asked to take 3 weeks of my annual 6 weeks per year and accept this in cash payment leaving me only 3 weeks a year.We have been told how lucky we are getting 6 weeks when other workers in Australia usually only get 4 weeks and apparently according to our boss,in america they onl get 2 weeks annual leave a year which is bullshit.Could you tell me which country you come from,how many annual leave days/weeks you get to spend in Pattaya.I believe going there at least 5 times per year on average spending 10 days.I dont know if its true that in America you get only 2 weeks .We who would not accept the 3 weeks only holidays were asked to fill out a form to write why and i wrote that Pattaya is more important .

The boss then rang me later asking me "where this pattaya is"?

Those of you aussies who curently get 4 weeks a year will be cut down to 2 weeks or 10 days a year holiday,imagine that ,only 10 days a year in Pattaya!

Even if i get 4 days off after working overtime i head to pattaya for 3 nights.

No one will take this away from me.What is enough? What is too much time going to Thailand? When does it become not normal? Who cares?v I know once a year cant suit me,i would go mad,i must be there at least 4 times a year.

Weren't you starting a business here Billy ? :o

Yes, the norm in the States is usually time in service and seniority based.

There's no set standard and vacation leave varies greatly. Some entry level jobs start off with as little as one week a year if that, others it can be up to four weeks.

I've been a power plant opr for about 25 years, I'm up to 30 days a year and that's as good as it's every going to get.

It can take up to a couple days travel time to get to the LOS depending on where you embark. That's why I wouldn't make the journey unless I'm going to be in country a minimum of a few weeks, any less doesn't make sense. So I'm in Patters usually twice a year to make the rounds. :o

Edited by cobra

I'm working overseas right now, and our current contract gives us about 30 days of holidays every 6 months (or 60 days a year, depending on the length of your contract). The company pays to fly you home once every 6 months, and will pay to fly you to Dubai (or Delhi) once every 6 months as well.

We can split our holidays up pretty much how ever we like, or as some people do, work for 5 months straight and then take a month off.

When I was still in uniform (in Canada), we got 5 weeks of paid leave per year (weekends and holidays didn't count against your entitlement, so a smart guy could squeeze 7+ weeks of holidays, depending on when you took them).

In the 2 years I've been working in Ass-Crackistan, I've been to Canada once (for a week), Egypt once (for 9 days) and Thailand 6 times (for the rest).

There are other companies working in Afghanistan that give their employees only 1.5 days of holidays per month ! Work them 12 hours a day, 6 days a week, and then give them 9 days of holidays every 6 months !

I'm working overseas right now, and our current contract gives us about 30 days of holidays every 6 months (or 60 days a year, depending on the length of your contract). The company pays to fly you home once every 6 months, and will pay to fly you to Dubai (or Delhi) once every 6 months as well.

We can split our holidays up pretty much how ever we like, or as some people do, work for 5 months straight and then take a month off.

When I was still in uniform (in Canada), we got 5 weeks of paid leave per year (weekends and holidays didn't count against your entitlement, so a smart guy could squeeze 7+ weeks of holidays, depending on when you took them).

In the 2 years I've been working in Ass-Crackistan, I've been to Canada once (for a week), Egypt once (for 9 days) and Thailand 6 times (for the rest).

There are other companies working in Afghanistan that give their employees only 1.5 days of holidays per month ! Work them 12 hours a day, 6 days a week, and then give them 9 days of holidays every 6 months !

The poor buggers would sleep for the first few days of their break. :o

IM surprised that COBRA you get only 4 weeks leave a year after 25 years.

I suppose because i work a govt job im lucky to have got the 6 weeks a year ,more with working a public holiday.But i cant see waiting 1 year,taking 6 weeks,then waiting another year,no im addicted to pattaya,i have to be there a lot.

In regards to going there 3 nights ,i left after my shift finished at 6am on thursday,got the 805am from sydney to bangkok,arrived at about 1800 was in pattaya at around 10pm thursday night.had a great time,got back on the aero at 630pm sunday night back in aussie at 6am mon and started my shift at 1pm monday arvo.Cost for the aeroplane was about $1200 including taxes.

People adsked me at work"did you have a good weekend"?

"bloody oath" i would say

In regards to going there 3 nights ,i left after my shift finished at 6am on thursday,got the 805am from sydney to bangkok,arrived at about 1800 was in pattaya at around 10pm thursday night.had a great time,got back on the aero at 630pm sunday night back in aussie at 6am mon and started my shift at 1pm monday arvo.Cost for the aeroplane was about $1200 including taxes.

fair play to you, sounds like a real good blast!

ps. i still think you're a nutter :o

I'm here probably 50 weeks of the year. :D

:o

Dave, just checked out BF last night, nice music though but didn't stay too long. Btw I am still trying to figure out the sign language that you waiter and bartender uses, looks cool.

Explorer

(at the bar)

I'm here probably 50 weeks of the year. :D

:o

Dave, just checked out BF last night, nice music though but didn't stay too long. Btw I am still trying to figure out the sign language that you waiter and bartender uses, looks cool.

Explorer

(at the bar)

I've learnt some of their signs but they keeep coming up with new ones just to **** me up :D:D

The Howard government has finally achieved it`s objective of depriving almost two thirds of the working population of their rights in relation to employment protection.

OP you should seriously consider working for yourself.

Cutting your holiday entitlement is one thing....but having your enjoyment of Pattaya seriously curtailed in this manner could well affect your attitude to working for such an employer.

Make the leap...jump the jump...work for yourself and control your working life and in so doing you will be able to visit Pattaya as often as you would wish.

In the meantime, being my own boss I will ensure that the flag is being waved (the Britsh Flag of course) during your absence mate.

:D:o

fair play to you, sounds like a real good blast!

ps. i still think you're a nutter :o

At least he's entertaining. Never a dull moment with Billyboy.

i am in pattaya 3 times a year for a month each trip i am a self employed brickie so i go back work my ass off for a few months and then back pattaya for a month.

next trip on 29th october and counting.

"I've learnt some of their signs but they keeep coming up with new ones just to **** me up "

They're just talking about you with the new ones Dave! :D:D

---------------------------------

Starting with a few weeks ten years ago it has progessed steadily to 13 weeks this year. Probably be 16-18 weeks next year and 50 weeks in a few years.

I'm self-employed back in the States so my trips are limited to how much money I want to burn paying the help in my absence and how much monkey business I will tolerate (from them) while I am away!! :o:D

~WISteve

I'm In Iraq working 7 days a week! Just got back from Dubai (LWOP) :o Been here 2 years now, and allmost all of my vaca time is in Pattaya!!! :D

The Howard government has finally achieved it`s objective of depriving almost two thirds of the working population of their rights in relation to employment protection.

OP you should seriously consider working for yourself.

Cutting your holiday entitlement is one thing....but having your enjoyment of Pattaya seriously curtailed in this manner could well affect your attitude to working for such an employer.

Make the leap...jump the jump...work for yourself and control your working life and in so doing you will be able to visit Pattaya as often as you would wish.

In the meantime, being my own boss I will ensure that the flag is being waved (the Britsh Flag of course) during your absence mate.

:D  :o

The new IR laws aren't in yet. Howard only only released the paper yesterday but they will be in by the end of the year. billyboy check what award you are under at present as it may not affect you for some time yet.

Bigmike.