Somebody Stole My Cell Phone!

BillR

I paid 800baht for that fine piece of technology! Whoever did it can rot in hell! I am on my way out the door to check all the mobile shops and if I see my phone there I will hire a sketch artist and catch you!

Yo BillR,

why not get a Thai person to call your number and when the thief answers, tell them it's worth 800thb and you'll give them 500thb for it?

Might be better than having to get a new Sim, I know if I lost my phone with all my work numbers and contacts on there, it would be worth more than the 800thb I paid for it.

Yo BillR,

why not get a Thai person to call your number and when the thief answers, tell them it's worth 800thb and you'll give them 500thb for it?

Might be better than having to get a new Sim, I know if I lost my phone with all my work numbers and contacts on there, it would be worth more than the 800thb I paid for it.

and I dont really think thieves of 800 baht phones read TV

Yo BillR,

GOM, do not be naive. I do not call people. People call me.

Yo BillR,

GOM, do not be naive. I do not call people. People call me.

Not when you don't have a phone :D

A bit late now but there is a number you can ring on your mobile, *#06# this will send back on your mobile a 15 didgit code number.

Record the number, keep it handy at home or in your wallet and if it is stolen you can phone your service providor and give them this code.

They will then be able to block your handset so even if the thief changes the SIM card, your phone will be totally useless to them.

You will not get your phone back, but you will get the satisfaction that it is totally useless to who ever stole it and to who ever they sold it to.

Get an iPhone. It backs up all your stuff. Yes, I know Apple own everything. Yes, I tried to pull the plug early (heading out fast do do an echidna release) and the dratted thing needed to completely reset itself. However it has a 'Where's my phone?' facility that allows you to clear it of all info remotely. And when you're driving along and the milk for the bat lands on it and it's totally stuffed, all your info is still sitting in your computer. Seamless transfer to a new one. (BTW Anyone know of an iPhone technician for the original one?)