Want To Buy Shipping Container

humblefalang

I am looking to buy a few second hand ship container here in thailand and get it delivered in issan,

i just want them empty, second hand, to use them for a house experience

How much would it cost me?

And where may i get it from ?

Help Please

thank you in advance

I am looking to buy a few second hand ship container here in thailand and get it delivered in issan,

i just want them empty, second hand, to use them for a house experience

As in you want to live in it as a house? Do they have windows?

Edited by RedFxTrade

Oh god not another Kaufman designer portable 'home' wannabe. That ship has sailed. And can you imagine how bloody hot it would be in one of those ugly things.

So this is something that people actually do and the OP is serious?

Fair play OP...interesting, but surely there must be other ways to have somewhere to live...like building a house, or buying one? Its going to be bloody hot in one of those, though I suppose you could get a refrigerated one...but then that might too cold... ;)

Oh god not another Kaufman designer portable 'home' wannabe. That ship has sailed. And can you imagine how bloody hot it would be in one of those ugly things.

I heard there is a new invention,not sure if they got it in Asia already,it's called insulation.

Dont know how much, as not sure what sizes you are looking for 10' , 20 ' 40'

But down near Laem Chabang Port there are yards which sell them...literally hundereds of different sizes all second hand

Hundred of different sizes ?

I drive through there daily, I see plenty of 20ft and 40ft containers, what size are the hundred of different ones ?

But down near Laem Chabang Port there are yards which sell them...literally hundereds of different sizes all second hand

I drive through there daily, I see plenty of 20ft and 40ft containers, what size are the hundred of different ones ?

I have a 10 OZ container and it is for sale :lol:

Used to live in one in the desert in Saudi, and have another one as an office.

Just open the window if it gets too hot.

Last time I looked into it about 2 years ago a 20' container went for around 60,000 baht. Probably more than that now. You can sometimes find them at auction sites like JSSR, but they don't go much cheaper than that. I'd expect to pay around 100k if you want a 40' container.

Where I work, the converted shipping container is both used for offices and housing. Here in Afghanistan is gets a lot hotter than Thailand, we hit 50+cC in the summer time and a -20C in the winter.

Insulating with Poly Urethane and paneling makes a decent finish. Use and wall mounted AC 12-20Btu for a 20' container.

You can go as wide as you want, BUT be carefull to leave the structural frame in place, that is what secures the roof and where you weld a splice plate to weatherproof the container/container connection.

post-21996-0-43341400-1306504611_thumb.j

post-66875-0-37568400-1306513563_thumb.jpost-66875-0-87012000-1306513547_thumb.j

there is an entire compound of these things that was just built in Silom beside the hospital. they are double-stacked in some parts of the site. it looks like a maze of offices, and it is connected with steel walkways. the trend is picking up steam not only in Thailand but in the desert southwest in the US. Vegas has 167,000 homes empty now. people want to live well for cheap. you can certainly insulate them. what is the problem? very easy to secure and cost-effective. if you need to be led around by the hand, no- this isn't for you. if you have vision and can innovate- then yes.

post-66875-0-62831100-1306513530_thumb.j

Edited by monekyface

post-66875-0-37568400-1306513563_thumb.jpost-66875-0-87012000-1306513547_thumb.j

there is an entire compound of these things that was just built in Silom beside the hospital. they are double-stacked in some parts of the site. it looks like a maze of offices, and it is connected with steel walkways. the trend is picking up steam not only in Thailand but in the desert southwest in the US. Vegas has 167,000 homes empty now. people want to live well for cheap. you can certainly insulate them. what is the problem? very easy to secure and cost-effective. if you need to be led around by the hand, no- this isn't for you. if you have vision and can innovate- then yes.

post-66875-0-62831100-1306513530_thumb.j

Looking at the pictures, did you notice that even the swimming pool is a container...... While I wouldn't make these structures a permanent home, just think, a small beach front property, great place to spend a little time at a lot less money.

The retail price for a converted container here in Afghanistan is less the $15,000 of which $3000 is the actual container cost. To convert a container takes a good crew less than a week. Looking at the bottom photo, this would take 3-4 weeks worth of work. Setting the containers is a one day task, hooking up the utilities a few more days at the most.

shipping-container-porta-austria.jpg

this set up looks ok..think i might be on the look out for one myself rolleyes.gif

is that in wales you now.

No Idea..But it looks a lot nicer than some of the boarded up houses on the local council estate

OK..badly written...:P .....meant lots of 10', 20' and 40' containers....

So this is something that people actually do and the OP is serious?

Fair play OP...interesting, but surely there must be other ways to have somewhere to live...like building a house, or buying one? Its going to be bloody hot in one of those, though I suppose you could get a refrigerated one...but then that might too cold... ;)

in Saudi Arabia we converted 35 years ago more than two hundred 40' containers into living quarters for our workers. cut and installed windows, doors and aircons and welded a second roof with a big overhang on top. result: the occupants lived much more comfortably than they did in their home countries.

I was on a website yesterday dealing with a Thai guy who started a business selling Ukeleles and had a couple set up as his store. Very nice job he did and there are remedies for all the imaginary problems concocted by some. I have in the back of my mind to buy a forty footer that I could still ship somewhere. Endless possibilities for cheap, fast, uh....structures.