Tourist Visa Help

I went to Lao last week and was given two tourist visa. I am going to the PI for a week in July and then to Lao later in the month. I don't want to open the last visa when I return from the PI. I just want 30 days. Any ideas or suggestion would be appreciated.

Donot put the visa number in the arrival card maybe they will miss it. Check your use by date donot want to mess around with that. Lopburi will probably be giving you more informed advice later.

Policy seems to be if a visa is in your passport it must be used or canceled. You can try but it is not as easy as it used to be. If timing right you could obtain a re-entry permit on your current permitted to stay to keep it alive for your return - believe immigration would accept that as it is an official immigration stamp.

• 1 month later...

Follow up on my situation. I returned from the PI last night. Following the advice of form members I left the visa number off of the arrival card. The immigration official found my visa. Before he started stamping I explained to him my situation. He told me in excellent English that he was unsure how to handle this and needed to speak with his supervisor. After a brief talk with peers and supervisor he stamped me in for 30 days allowing me to use the Tourist Visa when i return from Lao.