Mtb + Camping

hpwheelman

I am looking for an off road trail that can give a fun, not to difficult adventure to a group of between 10-30 riders of various levels for a few days of ridding. Also would like to be able to camp there so either with camp sites near by or enough space to just be able to set up a tent/hammock off the trail a bit. And of course, what come in the wilderness with us, comes out with us. My school bike club is looking for ideas, and while most of them ride mountain bikes, the trips planed usually end up as ridding on the street for a few days, then turning around. Would love to give them some mud to play in and then sit back around a camp fire and relax. Any locations where that can be done?

When I say not to difficult and various levels of skill I mean to say they all ride regularly but I don't know how often (if ever) they ride off road.

http://www.mountainb...rsthailand.com/

Kao i-to, Prachinburi. There is ample camping right next to the reservoir with toilet facilities.

You wouldn't happen to have any first hand experience there would you? I'm trying to convince a bunch of road riders to give up some comforts and do the MTB thing so any first hand knowledge of the trail/facilities/food and road conditions around there helps.

Edited by hpwheelman

i've ridden up khao ito a couple of times on my roadbike, its a real gut buster from bangkok (even taking a train to prachinburi & riding from there it was still a gut buster). the road conditions in the area & up the mountain were pretty good. never heard any serious complaints from my MTB friends about the trails & from what little i've seen from the road these are well marked w/some safety features. there are no shops on the mountain itself but plenty around the base.

there's a fairly well-stocked bike shop on the way out of prachinburi to khao ito (sorry can't find their business card for contact details) that probably know quite a bit about it.

i've ridden up khao ito a couple of times on my roadbike, its a real gut buster from bangkok (even taking a train to prachinburi & riding from there it was still a gut buster). the road conditions in the area & up the mountain were pretty good. never heard any serious complaints from my MTB friends about the trails & from what little i've seen from the road these are well marked w/some safety features. there are no shops on the mountain itself but plenty around the base.

there's a fairly well-stocked bike shop on the way out of prachinburi to khao ito (sorry can't find their business card for contact details) that probably know quite a bit about it.

Hey that's great info, thanks a lot. The gut busting will be good sell maybe as their all training for some road race coming up.

Where I live in Chiang Rai there are more mountains and dirt tracks than you can shake a stick at. I also have two acres of grass ideal for camping and the odd chorus of Gin-gan-goolie-goolie... I've been planning a shower/toilet block too so you may give me a great excuse to start.

Give me a PM if you're interested we can set something up and I might even join your rides some days to show you around.

When is your ride planned?