On-Line Booking From Any Airport In Uk

I'm looking for flights from UK to LOS and don't mind what UK airport I use.

Most search providers will let me choose "Any London" airport (coincidentally my least preferred departure/arrival locations) but I can't find one that lets me choose "Any UK" airport.

Is there such a thing?

It's a flippin' nuisance having to do them all one-by-one.

Maybe there's no point as the prices would not be much different, but - who knows?

Thanks for any help offered.

Just looked at vayama and you have to enter your city. I thought they did at least the LON airport grouping but it doesn't appear anymore.

It's a ruddy nuisance having to be airport-specific.

If only I could select a departure airport but include all others in a given radius - I could pump in, say, 300 miles radius of, say, Birmingham and have the West France airports included.

The French are not renowned Thai tourists so, whilst my own airports might be cram-jam-full of Bangkok bound folk, there might be a half empty Jumbo sat at Paris Orly, for instance, with tickets going at bargain rates and easy UK air connections for a £20-odd one-hour connection.

Get your act together - Mr Internet.

Just a thought.

kayak.com the granddaddy of flight search engines has a top-level option to 'add nearby airports' with a 'custom' option to manually select up to 4 other airports near to LHR.

Try it.

Nice one - thanks.:jap:

I'll do that now.

PS. Isn't "kayak" the Thai word for bin as in "Dustbin"? :lol:

Edited by CaptainFantastic

kayak.com the granddaddy of flight search engines has a top-level option to 'add nearby airports' with a 'custom' option to manually select up to 4 other airports near to LHR.

Try it.

I'll do that now.

It certainly is!

Once you have sussed out the London area airport with the best prices on kayak (use the filter options on the left side after you get the results), then you can try and search the same route on ebookers.com or bt-store.com to see if there's any more savings to be had. I find that there's not much point in searching many more websites than those 3 as the differences are minimal.

Don't forget to also check the 'winning' airlines own online booking search engine.

Happy shopping!

This time got 3 x Tickets from Heathrow on Etti for 472 each and next day they went down to 430...argg.....but no complaints Bangers Hot...

Malaysia Airways were doung some deals from June offering flights for a pound plus taxes given a Lon - LOS...think Gatwick ...but...for summit like 320 RT ...sounds too good to be true and of course usualy is...init... :D

Try it.

I'll do that now.

OT but since you ask 'kaya' is the Thai word for rubbish, 'thung kaya' is the Thai word for dustbin.

There is a point in arriving at a local airport in the UK- train fares can be ridiculously high.

I was quoted £180 LHR to North Wales, so paying £100 extra to fly to Manchester is well worth the price. Oh yes and the journey included a 4 hour 'connection' in Birmingham from about 1am to 5am.

Try it.

I'll do that now.

OT but since you ask 'kaya' is the Thai word for rubbish, 'thung kaya' is the Thai word for dustbin.

Thanks for that.

I sometimes find the "local" Thais are almost like scousers (they harden or soften the "k" when speaking, at will).

When they say "kaya" maybe it's that they cut off the end of the word harshly with the result that I hear a "k" that wasn't there.

Conversely, I often hear a Thai female (or even a male youth) substituting "Sawasdee Ka" with "..wadee ha" or, in the case of the youth "..wadee hap".

Or it may just be my hearing.;)