Can I Chop A Honda Phantom

I'm going to buy a honda phantom next week off my friend just would like to know what good mods can i do to it to make it look better and drive better.

Can it be chopped or is it not worth it for a 200 cc bike would it ruin a perfectly good bike as i have had one a couple of years ago and it was sweet but i like to tinker around with bikes .

The best thing for a Honda Phantom is to chop it indeed,,,,into loads of pieces with a chain saw and weigh it in for scrap.

Then the money can put towards saving up for a motorbike. :)

yes, they do not produce it anymore.

Is it true they stopped manufacturing them (TA200's) in March last year?

I wonder why?

Honda Thailand policy of only fuel injection bikes manufactured

from 2010

The best thing for a Honda Phantom is to chop it indeed,,,,into loads of pieces with a chain saw and weigh it in for scrap.

Then the money can put towards saving up for a motorbike. :)

hahaha you're a fan then soihok

I do also. Not the greatest bike, but I gets you around for cheap, and is reliable. It also was the number one big bike in Singapore because it was so easy to get a license to drive, compared to other big bikes. Anyway, my chopped Phantom is the only one I have ever seen in Thailand. Now, my chopped Steed I see different versions all over Thailand.

I say, chop the Phantom, there is only one other out there that I know of, and that is mine. biggrin.gif

yes, they do not produce it anymore.

Is it true they stopped manufacturing them (TA200's) in March last year?

I wonder why?

<br />
<br />yes, they do not produce it anymore.<br /><br />
<br />Is it true they stopped manufacturing them (TA200's) in March last year?<br />
<br />
<br />I wonder why?<br />

My understanding is that it didn't meet the new emissions laws.

Honda presumably decided the cost of making it meet the new emissions laws was not worth it.

I'm hoping they bring out a replacement with a slightly bigger engine.

I love my TA200, but a 250 or even a 400 would be better for climbing some of the hills around Chiang Rai and cruising at highway speed.

Why not swap it for a "Boss" with extended forks? Not only will it look "butch" it'll also go like s@#t off a shovel!

Like mine! (even though it's only a 175...4 stroke)

I have a chopped Steed and Phantom. I just got the Phantom back from the paint shop 2 days ago and now it is up for sale. I just took these photos today.

post-65746-0-90426300-1306691755_thumb.j

Nice, how much?

PoorSucker, that signature on your posts is hilarious. I've been involved in a few conversations like that myself.

Edited by kandahar