Steam Clean Engine

elektrified

The new place on Mee Chok (near the coffee bus) does a great job, I spilt some oil the other week and took it there, they cleaned the car inside and out as well as the engine bay. The engine was spotless after they had finished. It took about an hour and was only 400thb for the lot. Very good service. Ive taken the truck back now on 3 more occasions for just the inside and outside cleaned.

The new place on Mee Chok (near the coffee bus) does a great job, I spilt some oil the other week and took it there, they cleaned the car inside and out as well as the engine bay. The engine was spotless after they had finished. It took about an hour and was only 400thb for the lot. Very good service. Ive taken the truck back now on 3 more occasions for just the inside and outside cleaned.

How much is the car wash for outside / inside....

Thanks....

Whether steam or cold cleaning, you run the risk of liquid getting into electrical connections and other engine components. I learned over the years to not trust "car washes" to do this job because, regardless of how careful they are, things happen. And car washes usually do not have the mechanical expertise to track down and take care of any problems that might arise.

After I had to pay extra a couple of times to have the damage repaired (some of it simple like just drying out the distributor on older cars), I only used the dealer. If the engine wouldn't start or ran roughly, they fixed it for free.

May cost more, but I get peace of mind when I have the dealer do it. Specially on the newer cars where engine component packaging is such that nothing is accessible any more.

I would recommend that you purchase a spray can of engine cleaner, which after soaking can be washed off with a garden hose.

The low pressure will be much safer on any electrical connectors which may be sprayed.

The best of all - dielectric grease in all junction boxes. It keeps out moisture - like condensation - and stops corrosion.

Also use in all bulb sockets too.