Suggestions For Nice Hotel?

ClockworkOranges

Hello all. I will be ariving in CM on Friday for a weekends stay with the Mrs. This is our first time in CM. Im looking for a nice hotel around 3000 - 4000 THB a night. I am told that I should look around the night bazzar area as that is close to everything. I balcony is a must (I am a terrible chain smoker and the Mrs hates it), Wi Fi very important and a nice view would be a bonus - I dont know which would be the best view the mountains or the river?

Any advice greatly appreciated thanks so much!

Also is it worth hiring a car while there or should we just go with taxis and tuk tuks?

The Rati Lanna is very nice and has rooms available at that price. Balcony and wifi - nice River view, excellent pool. Ignore the silly prices on their website and phone for a real rate or book through one of the big internet agencies who are advertising rooms at 3,600.

CM city is easy to get around so you will not need a car unless you plan on an out of town solo trip.

Enjoy your trip

I have stayed at Vieng Mantra just inside the moat from Thae Pae Gate. Perfect location for Sunday market and within walking distances to all the old city attractions. Khun Joy is the GM and service is great. Highly recommended and well within your budget. Enjoy - Kevin

I know people who have enjoyed Le Meriden, which should meet your requirements.

The Chedi's pool is beautiful, nice and long and right on the river. I checked out joining the Chedi's health club. It's great, but I finally joined at Centara Duang Tawan, where the annual health club membership is about 1/3 the price of the Chedi. I often chat with guests at the Centara and they all think it's great, but it may be a bit downscale for you. Right now I think the rooms are around 2000 baht. It's an older, but very well maintained hotel that seems to cater to business and tour groups. The staff is very good and there are several choices of restaurants and bars at the Centara.

I have stayed at Vieng Mantra just inside the moat from Thae Pae Gate. Perfect location for Sunday market and within walking distances to all the old city attractions. Khun Joy is the GM and service is great. Highly recommended and well within your budget. Enjoy - Kevin

Thanks very much that does look very nice indeed

I know people who have enjoyed Le Meriden, which should meet your requirements.

The Chedi's pool is beautiful, nice and long and right on the river. I checked out joining the Chedi's health club. It's great, but I finally joined at Centara Duang Tawan, where the annual health club membership is about 1/3 the price of the Chedi. I often chat with guests at the Centara and they all think it's great, but it may be a bit downscale for you. Right now I think the rooms are around 2000 baht. It's an older, but very well maintained hotel that seems to cater to business and tour groups. The staff is very good and there are several choices of restaurants and bars at the Centara.

Thanks so much. Le Meriden has no wi fi in the rooms im afraid but thanks for the heads up.

Actualy I am finding it hard to find a place a little more central (old city, night bazaar or river side close to those areas) that has a balcony with a nice view and wi fi in room. Am I being too picky?

kcore

re ... Vieng Mantra just inside the moat from Thae Pae Gate.

i walked past there yesterday and i must admit it does look nice in there

it also had a sign saying rooms from about 1500 ish

c w oranges.

the vieng mantra is almost directly behind the back right hand corner of the montri ( now m hotel )

one minite to thapae gate

ps .... very few high hotels here have balconys royal lanna no ... meridien no ... dungtawan no ... shangrila no

post-42592-0-67351500-1306846767_thumb.j

post-42592-0-12051500-1306847405_thumb.j

post-42592-0-38922200-1306848205_thumb.j

post-42592-0-12211200-1306848230_thumb.j

post-42592-0-88141700-1306848254_thumb.j

post-42592-0-89094500-1306848394_thumb.j

Le Meriden has no wi fi in the rooms im afraid but thanks for the heads up.

Actualy I am finding it hard to find a place a little more central (old city, night bazaar or river side close to those areas) that has a balcony with a nice view and wi fi in room.

Le Meriden does have WiFi in rooms (they'd be mad not to), but you'll have to pay. However, with your budget of 3-4k...

You also can't get more central onto the market for a top-end hotel and they often do deals this time of year... guessing you've already found somewhere though.

All higher-end hotels have deal for low season. You can have the whole hotel for just yourself.

I'd recommend the Chedi due to its location and facilities. I love their fitness center.

Edited by infernalman7