My Govt Would Boost Confidence: Yingluck

webfact

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Certainly, behind the policy to have eggs sold by the kilogram is a lack of understanding. Naturally, eggs are fragile and thus they should not be sold by the kilo," she said, attacking the arch-rival Democrat Party.

Take that Democrats.

:P

What does "fragile" have to do with "not be sold by the kilo"?

highlighting the fact that she probably has not bought eggs by kilo or box in many years

her servants will do the shopping

her current campaigning will see her be as close to the serfs as she has ever been

i can imagine her in private, running to the shower to get the stench of the common man off her as quickly as possible........

Part quote from yingluck:

".....She said a boost to incomes was a must. This would be done through government investment in mega-projects, which should lead to higher employment......"

So,

1. More mega projects for the slimy cronies to get their sticky fingers into.

2. Where's the policy and action to build capability, to create full-time & permanent employment opportunities across all of Thailand so that a large percentage of Thais can gain a much better quality of life through their own productivity?

"Certainly, behind the policy to have eggs sold by the kilogram is a lack of understanding. Naturally, eggs are fragile and thus they should not be sold by the kilo," she said, attacking the arch-rival Democrat Party.

Take that Democrats.

highlighting the fact that she probably has not bought eggs by kilo or box in many years

her current campaigning will see her be as close to the serfs as she has ever been

i can imagine her in private, running to the shower to get the stench of the common man off her as quickly as possible........

oh dear, oh dear what a character assassination of a political party leader without a shred of evidence only the 'sins of the brother' - she has the momentum

Part quote from yingluck:

".....She said a boost to incomes was a must. This would be done through government investment in mega-projects, which should lead to higher employment......"

So,

1. More mega projects for the slimy cronies to get their sticky fingers into.

2. Where's the policy and action to build capability, to create full-time & permanent employment opportunities across all of Thailand so that a large percentage of Thais can gain a much better quality of life through their own productivity?

agreed, but as there is nearly 100% employment where will the people come from to build these mega projects? imported labour from Burma or Cambodia?

or do they plan to mobilise the lazy arsed reds who seem to be able to stop everything at the drop of a hat and mooch off for months to attend a violent revolutionary rally?

if so then they ought to be concerned about the drop in wages from 500 baht a day for singing, clapping and sitting around all day listening to dreary suicide invoking speakers, to only 300 baht a day minimum wage for actually doing some work......

Take that Democrats.

oh dear, oh dear what a character assassination of a political party leader without a shred of evidence only the 'sins of the brother' - she has the momentum

you think?

anybody ever seen her out and about before ?

anyone seen her in a Tesco shopping?

maybe in Louis Vuitton........

a political party leader without a shred of evidence only the 'sins of the brother' - she has the momentum

If she directly profits from the sins of her brother, particularly when the profits are so handsome, eg. on the Shin Sale, her persoanal share was nearly a cool One Billion Baht, she shares culpability.

a political party leader without a shred of evidence only the 'sins of the brother' - she has the momentum

If she directly profits from the sins of her brother, particularly when the profits are so handsome, eg. on the Shin Sale, her persoanal share was nearly a cool One Billion Baht, she shares culpability.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think Ms. Yingluck is a 'political party leader'. She's number one on the party list for MP candidates (that's all ;) ) Isn't Yongyuth Wichaidit still(reluctant) party leader ?

Edited by rubl

Take that Democrats.

See, meanwhile not personally affected by the eggs by kilo problem, she don't ignored it and has an eye for the problems of the common people (unlike the previous government that came up with that eggs by kilo silliness) ;)

If you would live in Thailand, even if you would live in a gated community or in a posh and fancy condo like me, you could watch the news on Thai TV, there you could how see much media attention egg sales on the markets get and how important the egg issue is.

:)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think Ms. Yingluck is a 'political party leader'. She's number one on the party list for MP candidates (that's all ;) ) Isn't Yongyuth Wichaidit still(reluctant) party leader ?

Indeed he is, but he's so entirely forgettable that even the Pheu Thai cheerleaders forget about him.

He's the Rodney Dangerfield of Thai politics...

image_20100909154209F5A8B7A7-F010-DB99-DC973CAA610FEA5B.jpgrodney-dangerfield-album_no_respect.jpg

The title is incomplete. It should read "My government would boost confidence tricksters", as it would then be clear that you can fool the majority of the people all of the time.

Well I've just seen the Aussie interview, With YINGLUK, Business qualities I have no Idea, the same as most others, hearing her answer questions to points made, there was no intelligent impact coming over on t.v. I found her command of English shocking(she must have been taught by her brother) the same sort of answers you could expect from her brother.

Yingluck did not come over as a politician , she came over as a spokesperson for the red shirt fraternity. I actually felt embarrassed for Thailand to think they would vote for a person who could NOT and NEVER command the world stage as this countries leader.. I have given an honest opinion-and posted this reply on what I saw and heard. I have my own feelings of right and wrong, and who I personally would like at the helm here BUT as I said my comments here reflect only on the interview.

this 44yo is amazingly fresh and hot.

Abhisit by comparison looks tired and worn out.

abhisit better come up with something quick or PT will run away with this

"amazingly fresh and hot"

So clearly qualified to run a country then, in the minds (imaginations ?) of some anyway ? ;)

So clearly qualified to run a country then, in the minds (imaginations ?) of some anyway ? ;)

you must be rather naive if you dont understand the importance of how the candidates present them selves and are percieved in a potilical campain.

in my view it says he cares nothing about the people he uses to get what he wants

what your take on it Samurai?

He's probably too busy deciding which way he has to stir his coffee, a decision like that could leave him tied up for the next few hours. <_<

The title is incomplete. It should read "My government would boost confidence tricksters", as it would then be clear that you can fool the majority of the people all of the time.

Well I've just seen the Aussie interview, With YINGLUK, Business qualities I have no Idea, the same as most others, hearing her answer questions to points made, there was no intelligent impact coming over on t.v. I found her command of English shocking(she must have been taught by her brother) the same sort of answers you could expect from her brother.

Yingluck did not come over as a politician , she came over as a spokesperson for the red shirt fraternity. I actually felt embarrassed for Thailand to think they would vote for a person who could NOT and NEVER command the world stage as this countries leader.. I have given an honest opinion-and posted this reply on what I saw and heard. I have my own feelings of right and wrong, and who I personally would like at the helm here BUT as I said my comments here reflect only on the interview.

nopm-1.png

Video News - ABC News interview

http://www.abc.net.au/news/video/2011/06/01/3233091.htm

you must be rather naive if you dont understand the importance of how the candidates present them selves and are percieved in a potilical campain.

the above interview is a prime example... :cheesy:

nopm-1.png

http://www.abc.net.a.../01/3233091.htm

i can see why she does not want to debate with Abhisit now

the democrats should show this interview on every channel

at least she didn't burst into tears

they should get Al Jazeera in to interview her, i bet should would then..........

Edited by timekeeper

Oh yes, really presents herself well in that interview. Almost on a par with a Miss World candidate. <_<

nopm-1.png

http://www.abc.net.a.../01/3233091.htm

i can see why she does not want to debate with Abhisit now

the democrats should show this interview on every channel

at least she didn't burst into tears

they should get Al Jazeera in to interview her, i bet should would then..........

She was evasive and obfuscated in her answers as much as her brother did during his interview with the same woman.

A good story would be what the interviewer thought of the two of them.

I agree with ginjag that her language abilities says a great deal about her English-language alma mater, Kentucky State University.

A Masters degree? hmmmm... ok.

OK, let's see here. Somebody with ZERO political experience bills herself as the person to inspire confidence in the government, the economy, and the country as a whole. How exactly does that work? The sister of the most devisive figure in Thai political history is going to bring unity to the country. Does any rational person think that Thaksin wants anything other than power, and the increased fortune that comes with that power. Does any rational person think that he has a noble bone in his body, and that he gives a dam_n about the average Thai person? OK, I admit, Abhisit has taken a once in a lifetime opportunity, and basically squandered it away. But, to elect Yingluck, is akin to electing Sarah Palin. She is the Palin of Thailand. Perhaps a few more IQ points, but not a whole lot more sense, or integrity.

Pol Pot did study in France, like many Khmer Rouge leaders; but I haven't read of any reports of their shopping exploits in the city in the early to mid 1970s during the Cambodian civil war, though perhaps their distinctive hats were purchased there.

Okay, Thaksin isn't a Pol Pot. Is it that what you want to say? :unsure:

Take that Democrats.

wow some diverse projects there

Dams, trains, corporate tax levels, minimum wages, fixed incomes, education funding

then the biggest and most important issue of all, eggs!

she obviously does not buy eggs herself

even if these fragile eggs are bought by the kilo, amazingly they can still be put in egg boxes so they don't get broken

the wonders of modern technology............

Suprising as it may seem to you but most thai people do not buy their eggs in egg boxes from tesco metro, but loose in plastic bags from local shops.

Take that Democrats.

wow some diverse projects there

Dams, trains, corporate tax levels, minimum wages, fixed incomes, education funding

then the biggest and most important issue of all, eggs!

she obviously does not buy eggs herself

even if these fragile eggs are bought by the kilo, amazingly they can still be put in egg boxes so they don't get broken

the wonders of modern technology............

Suprising as it may seem to you but most thai people do not buy their eggs in egg boxes from tesco metro, but loose in plastic bags from local shops.

as you are a farang its surprising to know, that you can confidently speak about what most Thai people do when shopping and that you have such a great understanding of such an intellectual subject as eggs and how they are purchased

if only you would stick to these simple things you know about when posting........

I consider relevant-policies, and the ability to finance them & carry them through, to be more important than appearing "amazingly fresh and hot" to the fevered imaginations, of a few farangs in Bangkok. Substance over spin, if you will.

Unfortunately Ms Yingluck appears merely inexperienced and probably a pawn, to my "rather naive" eyes. I hope that I'm wrong, and look forward to seeing her perform, in a possible debate, against more-experienced politicians. Meanwhile her carefully-stage-managed "potilical campain" (sic) makes interesting viewing.

And her promises to boost confidence remain unconvincing, in my "rather naive" eyes. B)

Perhaps I should study her "amazingly fresh and hot" photos again ? :rolleyes:

the political naivity by the minority of vocal posters on this forum is breathtaking.

please dont tell me you think the audience for that interview is the elecotrate ? :rolleyes:

the political naivity by the minority of vocal posters on this forum is breathtaking.

please dont tell me you think the audience for that interview is the elecotrate ?

Why on Earth would anyone think that? It's obviously for the Australian and international audience, whom I trust will find "how the candidate present them selves" as absurd and ridiculous as it is.

The "naivity" [sic] you speak of would be anyone that thinks she came across well.

oh, and

:welcomeani::signthaivisa:

please dont tell me you think the audience for that interview is the elecotrate ? :rolleyes:

i assume you mean the electorate?

No, its not meant for them but do not be naive enough to think it won't be viewed by many of them and that they like the rest of us will be left totally bewildered that this person is in the running to be prime minister

if i were Abhisit it would be showing on every TV station in the Kingdom to demonstrate how Thailand is going to be represented on the world stage if she were to win

if i were a foreign power looking at this interview, i would be very concerned indeed unless i was Cambodia or Burma

putting aside any sibling pride even Thaksin would have to be concerned about this first major test in a very soft interview

if Al Jazzeera or BBC Hardtalk ever get her in front of a camera there will be tears before bedtime........

Of course confidence is low - with her militant wing burning down half of the capitol city last year and all the protests, shootings and noise they are making, its obvious that there would be low confidence in the country.

Stop protesting on the streets and fight the political battles in parliament like an opposition party should do, and the confidence will rise... win the election through legitimate means (no vote buying, no intimidation of your opposition party or threats against voters if they don't vote for you) and confidence may rise. Leave criminals in exile instead of openly planning to bring them back, and confidence may rise.

Or just blame it on eggs, whichever works for you!

There is no such thing as low confidence among Thai people. They and Thailand are the top of the world, everyone knows that!

i assume you mean the electorate?

No, its not meant for them but do not be naive enough to think it won't be viewed by many of them and that they like the rest of us will be left totally bewildered that this person is in the running to be prime minister

if i were Abhisit it would be showing on every TV station in the Kingdom to demonstrate how Thailand is going to be represented on the world stage if she were to win

if i were a foreign power looking at this interview, i would be very concerned indeed unless i was Cambodia or Burma

putting aside any sibling pride even Thaksin would have to be concerned about this first major test in a very soft interview

if Al Jazzeera or BBC Hardtalk ever get her in front of a camera there will be tears before bedtime........

No reason to believe the Thai electorate won't see it.

The Thai press is covering the same interviewer's questioning of Thaksin is his own ridiculous version from a couple days earlier.

The newspaper's coverage includes photos, YouTube links, and translation of the questions and responses in Thai.

Khao Sod newspaper

http://www.khaosod.co.th/view_newsonline.php?newsid=TVRNd05qZzBNell6Tmc9PQ==&catid=01

The Thai media will no doubt also provide similar coverage for Yingluck's debacle of an interview.