Qatar V Emirates

Friends,

Need to book a flight today. Emirates and Qatar have very similar prices with decent stopovers.

Qatar has a stop over of 1hr 10 mins. Is this long enough if no delays outbound to Doha?

Secondly, i have read some reviews on airline quality, Dubai airport as well as Doha sound pretty crappy!

Anyone flown either to advise me please?

I am swaying towards Qatar. Any comments?

Need to book today.

Thanks in advance.

In my opinion Emirates are going down hill, they used to be one of the premier airlines about but as they have expanded over the year i think the service has gone down..... Qatar Airways are relatively new and the service seems to be ok at present....

I do not think 1hr and 10 minutes is a long enough transit time anywhere nowadays...

JH

If you are a transit passenger with a fast transit you go to a dedicated customs clearance at Doha. it's plenty long enough for Qatar.

There is not an awful lot to do in the terminal anyway... heres hoping the new bit they are building will be better B)

You only need about 30 minutes to change flights in Doha.

However the flight from Bangkok often does not leave on time. Both times I have flown with Qatar, the departure from Bangkok was one hour late. The first time they held the plane to London. The second time they did not!

Result - 12 hours in Doha (in a hotel); flight to Paris, then transfer to Heathrow with no luggage.

One hour and 10 minutes for a transfer is a gamble.

Flown Qatar may times to UK, short stop over has never been a problem, enough time to get off take a leak, stretch your legs and back on to the next transfer Bus.

Qatar every time for me.

Edited by CharlieH

Where are you flying from? Emirates offers flights from a number of other airports than Heathrow - useful if you live 'up-country'. You also get the chance to fly an Airbus A380 with Emirates if you pick the right flights.

ive been looking at flights to the UK from here for travel around the middle of July and surprisingly Qatar are one of the cheaper options...the only thing that's putting me off is the flight time from swampy which is 9.15am, living in pattaya would probably mean getting a taxi at about 4am

Disagree with that. Pattaya to airport early morning 1hr 30 min max. Need to get a taxi at 0700hrs, plenty of time, 0400hrs no way, no need. It's the flight I'll be on also, 0915hrs.

ive been looking at flights to the UK from here for travel around the middle of July and surprisingly Qatar are one of the cheaper options...the only thing that's putting me off is the flight time from swampy which is 9.15am, living in pattaya would probably mean getting a taxi at about 4am

I live very close to LHR so no point in travelling to9 another airport. Sourced flights at £462 in the end with Qatar, Booked with Southall travel who guaranteed to beat other quotes. Good price, 1hr 30 min layover outbound an dabout 4hrs 30mins inbound. Happy with that.

Where are you flying from? Emirates offers flights from a number of other airports than Heathrow - useful if you live 'up-country'. You also get the chance to fly an Airbus A380 with Emirates if you pick the right flights.

Disagree with that. Pattaya to airport early morning 1hr 30 min max. Need to get a taxi at 0700hrs, plenty of time, 0400hrs no way, no need. It's the flight I'll be on also, 0915hrs.

Remember you have to check in 2 hours before the flight, so around 7.15am, 1 hr 30 minutes travel means leaving at 5.45am, so a bit more sleep