Think Park

swagman

There is a lot of excavation going on at Think Park. What's happening?

With the redevelopment of the Amari and the vacant land diagonally opposite , it seems a great opportunity to upgrade this busy intersection.

It would be great to have an underpass or a roundabout here.

Where are the town planners?

Edited by swagman

I understand Shopping Mall too, but thought it was some Japanese company? Forget the name, or maybe them in partnership with central?

Apparently will be on both sides of Huay Kaew. Upgrading the intersection is probably wishful thinking TIT, and what with redevelopment at the Amari too they'll be construction on 3 corners of a nightmare intersection...... :whistling:

I understand Shopping Mall too, but thought it was some Japanese company? Forget the name, or maybe them in partnership with central?

Apparently will be on both sides of Huay Kaew. Upgrading the intersection is probably wishful thinking TIT, and what with redevelopment at the Amari too they'll be construction on 3 corners of a nightmare intersection...... :whistling:

I think it was the Oishi Group, but I could be wrong. Construction @ all three corners simultaneously would be an absolute nightmare. They did that on a busy street corner when I lived in Prague and nobody could get anywhere or access the businesses there; even the street car tracks were inaccessible. Using your feet was the only way to acess. At the end of the 6 months or so construction period, 80% of all the businesses along that area had failed and closed. I could see many businesses failing along Nimmanhaeman if people can't access that corner.

So far here are the rumours I have heard...all from 'absolutely reliable sources' such as cousins' bosses, uncles' gardeners and neighbours' cousins! Think Park is going to build a condo, it is going to be a shopping mall, it is going to be an open aired art gallery...and get this, it is going to be a mimi-theme park with a mini moat, mini Doi Suthep and all!

So, no idea at this point, but will try to find out.

The land accross the road from Huay Kaew has been bought from Oishi by a cinema group and will have a large cinema complex, the Amari will have 80 boutique hotel rooms and have a high end shopping mall as well as 300 car parking. Since I live on Soi 3, all of this can not possibly sound more horrific to me!

Imagine the impact to all of the Nimman sois and Silimangkalajan as people try to bypass with shortcuts. It's gonna be a big fustercluck - easier to deal with on a motorbike, and a big time-eater for those in cars. It's likely gonna become an area to avoid (sadly, for those in business there).

I've said earlier in the other thread (which I don't know where now)

The Think Park land has been sold to a new owner. The former owner was the guy who owned Oishi group a few years back, owned it for a while then realized that the local law in Chiang Mai doesn't allow him to build tall buildings there. From my information, the area will be converted into an "entertainment complex" which I assume it's going to be a cinema.

BUT the current Amari Rincome hotel based on my information will also be converted to a small boutique "upscale" shopping complex with cinema. The investor here is Siam Future group which owns SF Cinema and Future Park Rangsit. Will be very interesting to see what's coming.

Just imagine the traffic congestion.

Oh and Nimmanhaemin road will be widen up to 2 meters on both sides up to the entrance to Nimmanhaemin Soi 1. (Which won't help at all)

Imagine the impact to all of the Nimman sois and Silimangkalajan as people try to bypass with shortcuts. It's gonna be a big fustercluck - easier to deal with on a motorbike, and a big time-eater for those in cars. It's likely gonna become an area to avoid (sadly, for those in business there).

It's already an area to avoid. ;)

I've said earlier in the other thread (which I don't know where now)

The Think Park land has been sold to a new owner. The former owner was the guy who owned Oishi group a few years back, owned it for a while then realized that the local law in Chiang Mai doesn't allow him to build tall buildings there. From my information, the area will be converted into an "entertainment complex" which I assume it's going to be a cinema.

BUT the current Amari Rincome hotel based on my information will also be converted to a small boutique "upscale" shopping complex with cinema. The investor here is Siam Future group which owns SF Cinema and Future Park Rangsit. Will be very interesting to see what's coming.

Just imagine the traffic congestion.

Oh and Nimmanhaemin road will be widen up to 2 meters on both sides up to the entrance to Nimmanhaemin Soi 1. (Which won't help at all)

parking? sounds a nightmare