Tourist Visa For G/f: Money Q

Hey all,

I'm still new to this tourist visa enigma for Thai nationals. But here it comes:

I've read about the necessary paperwork to be prepared on both ends, mine and hers. The issue is cash, she holds a decent job making about 15,000B a month and savings of about 80,000B. She says that I should send her about 40,000B a month for 6 month to show that her income will supplement her 6 month stay in the UK.

Question: what is a good financial standing for Thais to qualify for a visa. Its partially a question of trust as I've been with this girl for 3 months and don't want to be taken for a ride. Don't want to sound like an a**hole but after hearing some many stories you have to ask yourself that question.

Any information or advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Eric,

If anything, the visa officer would enquire of your g/f where she was deriving 40,000 baht per month additional income. If he/she then became aware that you were sending it for the purposes of bolstering your g/f's bank account, it is likely the visa would be refused.

Ultimately, there is no harm in you acting as the sponsor, offering to pay for the trip and support your g/f during her stay. She can then supply a letter from her employer confirming her salary, job title, and the date she is expected to resume work.

Cheers,

Scouse.

A Thai girl who wishes to travel of Farangland ALONE would normally be asked to show that she has sufficient funds in her bank account as means of support whilst in Farangland.

If you are sponsoring her visit, the balance of her bank account should not be part of the tourist visa criterion, although the balance of your bank account may be.

If she is asking that you send 40,000 baht to her bank account per month, for whatever reason, I'd be taking the cotton wool out of my ears so that I can clearly hear the ringing of the warning bells.

The best way to clarify this is to ask your Immigration Dept.

• 1 year later...
A Thai girl who wishes to travel of Farangland ALONE would normally be asked to show that she has sufficient funds in her bank account as means of support whilst in Farangland.

If you are sponsoring her visit, the balance of her bank account should not be part of the tourist visa criterion, although the balance of your bank account may be.

If she is asking that you send 40,000 baht to her bank account per month, for whatever reason, I'd be taking the cotton wool out of my ears so that I can clearly hear the ringing of the warning bells.

The best way to clarify this is to ask your Immigration Dept.

It does sound pretty iffy. :o

If you want her to have a holiday in UK and you are prepared to foot the bill then you become her sponsor. With a sponsor she doesn't need to show any more means than she has at present. If she has a job and some savings to show she is on the way, she must show a good reason to return to Thailand.

You have to show you have funds enough for the trip while she is in UK, you can even offer to pay the airfare and you must show there is satisifactory accomodation on her arrival in UK.

See notes for Sponsors and Guidance for Sponsors (INF3)

For what she needs see Information for applicants and Guidance for visitors (INF2)

That way you stay in control, If you get her to pay for the airfare and promise to refund her when she arrives at least you will get her to UK. Smart to be cautious.

Hey all,

I'm still new to this tourist visa enigma for Thai nationals. But here it comes:

I've read about the necessary paperwork to be prepared on both ends, mine and hers. The issue is cash, she holds a decent job making about 15,000B a month and savings of about 80,000B. She says that I should send her about 40,000B a month for 6 month to show that her income will supplement her 6 month stay in the UK.

Question: what is a good financial standing for Thais to qualify for a visa. Its partially a question of trust as I've been with this girl for 3 months and don't want to be taken for a ride. Don't want to sound like an a**hole but after hearing some many stories you have to ask yourself that question.

Any information or advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.